Bolton

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Bolton

Post by robbie67 »

I knew it was too good to be true. Let the torture continue.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

There's still one more delisting to go Rob, plus Rama due to health.

It will be between Bolton and Lee, I think, so the torture may be over, we just have to wait another couple of days.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Oh Rob, on second thoughts on reading the Age article and the Sun, I think you might be right, mate.

The Age seem to think that we may not love Lucy any more and he's the likely one to get delisted.

We'll have to wait and see.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

bombercol wrote:Oh Rob, on second thoughts on reading the Age article and the Sun, I think you might be right, mate.

The Age seem to think that we may not love Lucy any more and he's the likely one to get delisted.

We can't delist Lucy, he was drafted last year, all players must remain on an AFL list for 2 years after there initial drafting, meaning Lucy has to stay on the list. We could've traded him if we wanted, but we didn't so he has to remain on our list.

Besides with the issues we are having with key position backmen I can't see us getting rid of either of Lee or Lucy.

I reckon Bolton has merely received a stay of execution, I can't see us getting rid of any one else on the list over him.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

He's save for the moment. I can't see it lasting though, I think he'll go.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I hope he goes. He is no use. He isn't going to help us get to the finals or win a flag.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

A surprise de-listing isn't out of the realms of possibility. We all expect Bolton to go, but there's a few others who could be in the gun.

I actually wouldn't be all that surprised to see Lee go, especially if Essendon is going to use pick 2 on either Hansen or Gumbleton in an effort to fill the CHB spot. Also, look out Richard Cole - i know he's contracted until the end of 2007, but we've got other young players who are at least willing to train hard enough to have themselves in playing condition. If he hasn't made any efforts between August and now to lose weight, giving him the sack could prove a good move.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

bombercol wrote:There's still one more delisting to go Rob, plus Rama due to health.

It will be between Bolton and Lee, I think, so the torture may be over, we just have to wait another couple of days.
Now where the f*** did you pull that shit out?

I mean seriously do people even think around here anymore?
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Well Bolton got signed so my understanding is it will hve to be one of Heff, Lee or Nash as im sure all others are either untouchable, signed a contract within the last couple of months or have not been listed for more than 2 years.

Out of those, I guess I'm hoping Heff.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Delisting either Lee or Nash while Bolton gets another contract would go down as one of the most dumbest decisions this club has ever made. i can't see it happening.
Rusty1978
Top Up Player

Post by Rusty1978 »

Sol wrote:Well Bolton got signed so my understanding is it will hve to be one of Heff, Lee or Nash as im sure all others are either untouchable, signed a contract within the last couple of months or have not been listed for more than 2 years.

Out of those, I guess I'm hoping Heff.
I would probably add Campo and Cole to that list. Either of them could quite easily find themselves out of favour. But honestly, who knows, if Bolton can get another contract, maybe we will delist Lucas!!!! :?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I knew it. the club was just messing with my mind all along. He is going to become a life member of Essendon now. We should all be given life memberships for having to watch him for the last 10 years.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

While I am a bit of a Bolton fan (I think he is ok as a player, nothing more) if Lucy or Lee are to go because of this I will be absolutely filthy with the match committee. Lucy should be given time to show he is (or isnt) up to it.
team
Top Up Player

Post by team »

If he gets set on a half forward flank and plays everywhere like O'Keefe, he could pay his way. A few times a year he shows a glimpse of a potential to take a game by the scruff of the neck.
Never seems to realize it though.

What will be, will be.
today is not yesterday
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

ealesy wrote:
bombercol wrote:Oh Rob, on second thoughts on reading the Age article and the Sun, I think you might be right, mate.

We can't delist Lucy, he was drafted last year, all players must remain on an AFL list for 2 years after there initial drafting, meaning Lucy has to stay on the list. .
Well Alan Obst from the Crows has been given the flick and he was only drafted last year, similar to Paul Thomas getting the chop last season.
bugman
Champion of Essendon

Post by bugman »

Mark f****** Bolton. If any other player gets delisted this year, they can justifiably feel robbed.
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
ealesy wrote:

We can't delist Lucy, he was drafted last year, all players must remain on an AFL list for 2 years after there initial drafting, meaning Lucy has to stay on the list. .
Well Alan Obst from the Crows has been given the flick and he was only drafted last year, similar to Paul Thomas getting the chop last season.
Arn't the rules different for mature age draftees?

I know Thomas won a Margarey prior to being drafted by Essendon, however have no idea about Obst.

I think if they are 17-18 year olds who are drafted they must get 2 year minimum contract.

Can someone clarify this? As it will make a difference to whether Lucy can legitimately go - not that i think he should.
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

Rossoneri wrote: Lucy should be given time to show he is (or isnt) up to it.
So should Lee. The club needs someone to plug the hole at CHB desperately.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

robbie67 wrote:I knew it. the club was just messing with my mind all along. He is going to become a life member of Essendon now. We should all be given life memberships for having to watch him for the last 10 years.
Post of the Year !!