2010 NAB Cup Round 1 - Essendon vs WCE Match Thread

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: 2010 NAB Cup Round 1 - Essendon vs WCE Match Thread

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

BenDoolan wrote:Got a bit tired a f***'n fumbly in the 2nd half of that quarter. Still lead though. Williams will be a good addition. Clever player. Watson is unbelievable. Amazed at how he wins the ball.

Wish all those wankers in the commentary box would get their mouths off Nic Naitanui's cock. Seriously guys, you are ******* embarrassing yourselves.
I know im feeling quite sick hearing them all praise Naitanui... Ryder would have had him covered tonight.

Disappointing that we let the decent lead slip, got a bit fumbly towards the end of the quarter. Thank God that the last "goal" wasnt counted. I was going off at the TV when that happened.

Colyer will get better, it is only his forst game after all. Bocky has had the fumbles as well and Still needs to build up the muscles. Williams, Gus and Licha have been dangerous around the goals.

Looking forward to seeing how the young guys stand up in the second half and hopefully seeing Hardingham and Atkinson get a run. =D>
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

4 critical fumbles. two by rookies and two by experienced players cost us dearly. Still, we are in front.

Bruce has obviously witnessed the second coming!! The kid is great to watch, but hardly rucking against Madden.

Just about went ballistic over the "Goal/Point" and I keep saying to myself "IOTNC" !!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Windy_Hill wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:WOT?

Sheesh, I saw West Coast kick the first two goals and then I get a f***'n phone call. Come back and we've kicked 7 sausage rolls.

vingertje

Loking good Benny, go and take another phone call - it seems to work
Windy ... what's your number ??? .. so I can ring you in the final 10 minutes of the last quarter :D

Cheers - sti
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

We are still not very good at milking the clock ... 2 goals in the twilight of the 2nd quarter

Need to learn to aggressivly milk ... ie ping it around and still look to score

cheers - STI
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BTW ... does Luke Ball look brain dead in the Ch7 ads at half time?

Sheesh!

Cheers STi
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

sti dreams wrote:BTW ... does Luke Ball look brain dead in the Ch7 ads at half time?

Sheesh!

Cheers STi
YES!!!!! Ugly mutt :P
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

WTF

Just had to deal with some visitors and we are now 21 points behind?????

What the hell went wrong
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

make that 40 points behind..... :shock:

The Eagles midfield are cutting us up at the moment and are finding huge holes in our defence. Not a good start for young Kyle Hardingham tonight either. We just arent getting the ball cleanly and in open spaces at the moment like we were in the first quarter.

Lets hope Knighta fires up the boys and they close the gap in the last.

Ive been impressed by the running and chasing of Leroy Jetta tonight.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

We've lost the plot. Horrendous error - unforced! Pathetic decision making and execution. Looked arabble at the end of that quarter. Kyle Reimers - you need your arse kicked VERY HARD. That f*** up by Naitanui in the goalsquare should never have ended with him kicking a goal after spending an eternity on the floor. Reimers decided to go after his opponent (to remonstrate) rather than mopping up the ball! Then he gives away a 2nd goal with his idiotic antics. UN-f***'n-FORGIVEABLE!

And this cock sucking of Naitanui continues. You'd think once he's gone off the ground and on to the interchange bench, you wouldn't hear those wankers mention his name. Wrong. They spent the next 5 minutes talking about how much he bench presses and what a "unit" he is. Get a room you faggots.
Essendunny
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Bigger bodies - always - bigger bodies!!!!

We are quick, we put on pressure, we flip it around in close - but at the contest - bigger bodies!!!!

Naitanui Vs - Bock or Belly - BIGGER BODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No forwards either.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

hop wrote:Bigger bodies - always - bigger bodies!!!!

We are quick, we put on pressure, we flip it around in close - but at the contest - bigger bodies!!!!

No forwards either.

Click for nostradamus magic
http://www.bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p147644
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Jetta and Davey havn't changed one bit since last year, fumbling and looking like 3rd rate footballers... but they can chase!!

Bombers absolutely woeful pretty much the entire second half, players to come in of course but getting smashed by what could be 60 points has put me in a foul mood and could have enjoyed a few more weeks of fluff articles and cranky free off-season

but 1st game of the year, can only get better, this game has served us well you would hope

M. Williams will be a gem and will work beautifully around Hurley and a few other talls

that goal umpire SURELY felt and saw that ball go over the line and hit his leg... oh and free not paid for holding because the west coast player "attempted" to get rid of it???? id like to see that in the rule book

Pears will be a special talent a.k.a Fletcher

not really sure whats wrong with our game but dead set the players just arn't getting it fixed, is it our decisions? is it our accountability? or are we simply just undermanned tonight?

lets just hope Knights is focusing on endurance and other area's rather then actually winning games, id say that's the case so lets get this NAB crap over with and see what the real season bring for the EFC!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

nomolos wrote:

No forwards either.

Sages - all of them.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

hop wrote:
nomolos wrote:

No forwards either.

Sages - all of them.
fk the others... i meant my post.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

NAB Cup or not...I'm not a happy chappy.

I am over making excuses...it seems as nothing has changed from the last match we played. Yes we have players to come back in and they'll give us more structure and stuff but the same shit keeps happening over and over and over again. It seems a trend that has happened for years where we get out of the blocks and play scintelating footy then if the team gets back in we just STOP and when we do it affects everyone and our structure just fails.

FUMBLES FUMBLES FUMBLES are so f-ing annoying it is so painful to watch and those 2 goals we conceded in 2 minutes when they made their run in the second really is unacceptable.

However, on the positive side of things I like Pears & Hooker in defence they still have the excitement factor about them. Mark Williams looks to be a great new pick up for us. The midfield looks pretty good but it seems like a wait for til they can gel and maintain their dominance for more than a quarter.

Anyway, no more excuses from me. Was woeful tonight..guess I'll just watch the first quarter again and again. :evil:

Time to pack the guernsey away for 6 weeks.... hurts even more. You get it then it goes away again. I'll have to get over it eventually.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Cometti on Natanui..."...coming to grips with modern football" :lol: :lol: :lol: as NicNat incessantly scratched his dick whilst Tim W interviewed him after the game! Fantastic line. =D>
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:Cometti on Natanui..."...coming to grips with modern football" :lol: :lol: :lol: as NicNat incessantly scratched his dick whilst Tim W interviewed him after the game! Fantastic line. =D>
Well no wonder, with Bruce sucking it all night....
Essendunny
Splodge
Top Up Player

Post by Splodge »

yes we were crap after the 1/4 time break but since that non goal, the umps havent given us a sniff.
Carlton Football Club - Surely a contradiction in terms?
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I have had a few scotches so may have been seeing thing but was Lonergan as bad as I thought he was?

He looked like a 15 year old out there... Didnt seem to get near the thing!
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

At least we don't have to go to shit creek for our next match

Princes Park v Freo/Melb