Why does this man still have an AFL career?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Re: Why does this man still have an AFL career?

Post by Megan »

FWIW F111, I'm a chick and I still think she's a mole ;) This has nothing to do with the number of sexual partners she may or may not have had, but everything to do with the fact she was shagging a married father.

The pair of them are bogans, with not a great deal going on between the ears. IT has been questioned as to whether this issue causing sudden media interest is in any fashion related to the fact she has a new lawyer.

And... damn straight she has a right to have a shower without being harassed by dickheads. Damn straight he should be allowed to have nudie pics on his phone of his girlfriend without it being a big deal. But when you're 'famous'... the rules change. It's not right but it's the way it is. If you don't want dickheads taking nudie shots of you, don't get nude around dickheads. You only have to open a paper or google his name to know that he's an A grade tosser. If you dont want the media getting hold of pics you've taken, don't send them to all your mates. We all know where that's going to end up.

Pair. Of. Fools.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

j-mac31 wrote:
F111 wrote:It seems the responses here are very "blokey". A mole? Really? Gee, is it still just males that can go around and get a shag?
Stepped outside lately? That's the way it is unfortunately.
Not amongst my crowd...and not for a long time.
Women can chase a shag, just as much as a bloke, it's just that they need to be mindful of 20th century opinion re: the matter.

Unfortunately, you might be more right than me.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Bingle + Max Markson = publicity

Citizen Fevola + camera phone = inevitable druken,sexual bullying

Take you're pick it is all grist for the bogan media.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Gnome Chomsky
Top Up Player

Post by Gnome Chomsky »

F111 wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
F111 wrote:It seems the responses here are very "blokey". A mole? Really? Gee, is it still just males that can go around and get a shag?
Women can chase a shag, just as much as a bloke, it's just that they need to be mindful of 20th century opinion re: the matter.

I am disgusted by the patriarchal hegemony that is being perpetuated in this discussion!

F111 appears to be the only person who has a moral compass which reflects a modern and enlightened society. By discussing personalities people are missing the basic fact that the Fevalution sexually harassed a 19 year old woman. In regards to Fev’s marital status, he is the one who made a commitment to Alex to be sexually exclusive. Nothing Bingle has done justifies being sexually harassed, let alone in the public domain and it saddens me to see seemingly intelligent people revert to oppressive points of view on the issue of gender.
States are not moral agents, people are, and can impose moral standards on powerful institutions - Noam Chomsky
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gnome Chomsky wrote:
I am disgusted by the patriarchal hegemony that is being perpetuated in this discussion!

F111 appears to be the only person who has a moral compass which reflects a modern and enlightened society. By discussing personalities people are missing the basic fact that the Fevalution sexually harassed a 19 year old woman. In regards to Fev’s marital status, he is the one who made a commitment to Alex to be sexually exclusive. Nothing Bingle has done justifies being sexually harassed, let alone in the public domain and it saddens me to see seemingly intelligent people revert to oppressive points of view on the issue of gender.
:lol:

So any woman can go and root a married man without worrying about a "moral compass"? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

But I guess in your "modern and enlightened society" this sort of stuff is accepted.

It's OK for women to take photo's of Warnie in compromising positions and sell them to the tabloids - FOR MONEY. Where was the sympathy for him?

So which direction does your compass point?
Last edited by BenDoolan on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:
Gnome Chomsky wrote:

:lol:

So any woman can go and root a married man without worrying about a "moral compass"? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

But I guess in your "modern and enlightened society" this sort of stuff is accepted.

Which direction does your compass point?
Wake upon the wrong side of bed BD?

I agree with you though :lol:
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Gnome Chomsky wrote:I am disgusted by the patriarchal hegemony that is being perpetuated in this discussion!

Interesting first post Gnome but a bit too one sided imo.

Yes, Fevola is the married one who made the committment, and is also the moron who (probably) put the pic into circulation.

However, that doesn't alter the fact that Ms Bingle knowingly slept with a married man, and that is still frowned upon even in this "modern and enlightened society"

It also doesn't alter the fact that she is currently out selling "her side of the story" to the highest bidder. Let's see, that story would be something like this: "I spent the night with the idiot and then he took a snap of me when I was in the shower"

What a fascinating story and yet by all reports it is good enough to get her a lazy $200k

And as I have said several times already in this thread, why isn't the role of the media being more closely scrutinised in this sorry saga.

Until Women's Day decided to publish the pic, there was no story.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Gnome Chomsky
Top Up Player

Post by Gnome Chomsky »

It's OK for women to take photo's of Warnie in compromising positions and sell them to the tabloids - FOR MONEY. Where was the sympathy for him?

So which direction does your compass point?[/quote]

BD firstly, what about the man's responsibility to his wife? You conveniently over look this obvious point! Also interpersonal relationships are extremely complex and you are looking at it with a very black and white perspective. We dont know what occurred between Fev and Bingle, including for Fev to lie to Bingle, but my point is we don’t know what occurred. Anyway it is not as simple as she slept with a married man so she is now morally bankrupt.

Secondly I never commented on the morality of Bingle's behaviour however my point was and remains that she has been sexually harassed and no matter what people think of her she doesn't deserve that treatment.

In regards to Warnie, yes he was exploited and it was an invasion of his privacy. And it is an interesting comparison in that the media didnt talk about Warnie's human rights. You rightly highlight another prevailing hegemony that somehow men cannot be the victim of sexual harassment. So yes i do have some sympathy for Warnie in that one situation.
States are not moral agents, people are, and can impose moral standards on powerful institutions - Noam Chomsky
Gnome Chomsky
Top Up Player

Post by Gnome Chomsky »

swoodley wrote:
Gnome Chomsky wrote:I am disgusted by the patriarchal hegemony that is being perpetuated in this discussion!

Yes, Fevola is the married one who made the committment, and is also the moron who (probably) put the pic into circulation.

However, that doesn't alter the fact that Ms Bingle knowingly slept with a married man, and that is still frowned upon even in this "modern and enlightened society"

It also doesn't alter the fact that she is currently out selling "her side of the story" to the highest bidder. Let's see, that story would be something like this: "I spent the night with the idiot and then he took a snap of me when I was in the shower"

What a fascinating story and yet by all reports it is good enough to get her a lazy $200k

And as I have said several times already in this thread, why isn't the role of the media being more closely scrutinised in this sorry saga.

Swoodley there is no doubt the post was too serious however I was taking the piss a bit with the over the top language.
I actually don’t like Bingle and I hate the celebrity game she plays however I was concerned that the tone of the conversation was minimising the seriousness of Fev’s actions.
In relation to the media I will quote my name sake “The real mass media are basically trying to divert people. Let them do something else, but don’t bother us (us being the people who run the show). Let them get interested in professional sports, for example. Let everybody be crazed about professional sports or sex scandals or the personalities and their problems or something like that. Anything, as long as it isn’t serious. Of course, the serious stuff is for the big guys. "We" take care of that”.
I think this quote pretty much sums up the problem with the media and how we all accept our role in consuming their bullshit.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Gnome Chomsky wrote:
swoodley wrote:

Swoodley there is no doubt the post was too serious however I was taking the piss a bit with the over the top language.
I actually don’t like Bingle and I hate the celebrity game she plays however I was concerned that the tone of the conversation was minimising the seriousness of Fev’s actions.
In relation to the media I will quote my name sake “The real mass media are basically trying to divert people. Let them do something else, but don’t bother us (us being the people who run the show). Let them get interested in professional sports, for example. Let everybody be crazed about professional sports or sex scandals or the personalities and their problems or something like that. Anything, as long as it isn’t serious. Of course, the serious stuff is for the big guys. "We" take care of that”.
I think this quote pretty much sums up the problem with the media and how we all accept our role in consuming their bullshit.
Fair enough....and welcome aboard :D
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Can I ask I simple question - what has this topic got to do with Bombers Discussion

Cant we just all move on
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gnome Chomsky wrote: BD firstly, what about the man's responsibility to his wife? You conveniently over look this obvious point! Also interpersonal relationships are extremely complex and you are looking at it with a very black and white perspective. We dont know what occurred between Fev and Bingle, including for Fev to lie to Bingle, but my point is we don’t know what occurred. Anyway it is not as simple as she slept with a married man so she is now morally bankrupt.

Secondly I never commented on the morality of Bingle's behaviour however my point was and remains that she has been sexually harassed and no matter what people think of her she doesn't deserve that treatment.

In regards to Warnie, yes he was exploited and it was an invasion of his privacy. And it is an interesting comparison in that the media didnt talk about Warnie's human rights. You rightly highlight another prevailing hegemony that somehow men cannot be the victim of sexual harassment. So yes i do have some sympathy for Warnie in that one situation.
Firstly Gnomey, let me say that I think Mr Fevola (and any other cheating husband / wife) deserve all the humiliation they get. However, secondly, I get decidely annoyed at how they portray the misstress / fling as some sort of "victim" or deserving of some sort of sympathy. They deserve as much humiliation as the cheating married person (assuming they were aware of their status - which Bingle was).

IIRC, this is the same poor little girl that was hounding Fev to dump his wife for her - leaving messages on his phone etc. And then ended up in Clarkey's sack just a few weeks later....

She's no "innocent" little girl. Does she deserve to be humilated? At the time, most definitely. 5 years later? Perhaps not...

Apologies if I appeared a grump this morning. It's because I was. Sorry...
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Filthy wrote:FFS...we are talking about the life... the psychological life of an essentially good person over SFA. [-X
Assaulting someone and being that pissed that you have no memory of it is not SFA Filth however much spin you want to put on it.

Take the red and black jumper off the kid and he becomes just another drunken yobbo who couldn't handle his drink.

19 is old enough to vote, drink, drive and go to war...if he is stupid enough to let others egg him on then he's no different to other young yobbos.

The only problem I have with all this is that it seems like the race issue (and subsequent political pressure) has been what has led to Hurley potentially being treated more harshly than if he had belted a white, anglo saxon taxi driver.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:
Filthy wrote:FFS...we are talking about the life... the psychological life of an essentially good person over SFA. [-X
Assaulting someone and being that pissed that you have no memory of it is not SFA Filth however much spin you want to put on it.

Take the red and black jumper off the kid and he becomes just another drunken yobbo who couldn't handle his drink.

19 is old enough to vote, drink, drive and go to war...if he is stupid enough to let others egg him on then he's no different to other young yobbos.

The only problem I have with all this is that it seems like the race issue (and subsequent political pressure) has been what has led to Hurley potentially being treated more harshly than if he had belted a white, anglo saxon taxi driver.
Spot on Swoods.
Essendunny
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

swoodley wrote:

Yep.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

swoodley wrote:

As the other boys have said, this is quite true.
But Fevola is still a complete knobhead.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

F111 wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:

Yeah, it's not really a problem with people I know, but I often get the feeling around that guys can be "players", but girls/women are just "sluts".
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sorry, but when did a girl being a slut become a problem? I live for those sorta girls =P~
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Windy_Hill wrote:Sorry, but when did a girl being a slut become a problem? I live for those sorta girls =P~
Please dont tell my wife I said this.... :oops:
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Sorry, but when did a girl being a slut become a problem? I live for those sorta girls =P~
Please dont tell my wife I said this.... :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: