Hurleys Sanctions

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Hurleys Sanctions

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Frustrating: Hoped they would get the case over & done with.

EFC Announcement:

Essendon player Michael Hurley appeared in Melbourne Magistrates court today on charges resulting from a post-season incident late last year.

The hearing was adjourned part-heard until Friday 11 June. Accordingly the court proceedings have not concluded.
Essendon today announced its sanctions for the 19-year-old as a result of the incident.
Frustrating: Hoped they would get the case over & done with.

As previously announced, Michael:

• Will not be selected for any games in the NAB Cup or NAB Challenge series.

In addition to this, Michael:

• Will not be selected for the first three rounds of the 2010 AFL season.

• Will complete an alcohol counselling course.

• Will be involved in no less than 20 hours additional AFL community programming during the course of the 2010 season.

General manager of football operations, Paul Hamilton, made a brief comment outside of court which can be viewed by clicking here from 1
little_ripper
Club Captain

Re: Hurleys Sanctions

Post by little_ripper »

everything bar the 3 missed matches is good.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

little_ripper wrote:everything bar the 3 missed matches is good.
Disagree, I think it's spot on.
The club has to send a message that we won't tolerate any misbehaviour - regardless of whether he's found guilty or not he was out at 5am getting hammered, which I'm sure is not the kind of thing the club wants its star players (or any players) doing.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Have to agree with the ruling. It is a clear message to the players that any stuffing around will not be tolerated.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Ossie wrote:
little_ripper wrote:everything bar the 3 missed matches is good.
Disagree, I think it's spot on.
The club has to send a message that we won't tolerate any misbehaviour - regardless of whether he's found guilty or not he was out at 5am getting hammered, which I'm sure is not the kind of thing the club wants its star players (or any players) doing.
Yeah, but do you reckon he still would have been banned for 3 matches and given a stack of community service if there were no criminal charges against him?

I'm not a huge fan of clubs penalising players before the courts do. IMO just encourages peanuts in the public from having a go at them.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

To quote Churchill.

"Never before in on the field of AFL football, has so much fuss been made by so many about something so harmless"

in case you are wondering, this is what is inscribed on the above picture;

'Surely he hath borne our Griefs, and carried our Sorrows/Yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of GOD, and afflicted.' (Isaiah LIII, 4)

'And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited.' (Leviticus XVI, 22)
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

I've never ridden a goat
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

So you're saying Hurley is a goat :?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

swoodley wrote:So you're saying Hurley is a goat :?
a goat of the Scape variety
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Tom Harley is the worst premiership captain ever (arguably) and his comments about how we dealt with this situation are making me think his media prowess will match!
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

bomberdonnie wrote:Tom Harley is the worst premiership captain ever (arguably) and his comments about how we dealt with this situation are making me think his media prowess will match!
What did he say?
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

hop wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:Tom Harley is the worst premiership captain ever (arguably) and his comments about how we dealt with this situation are making me think his media prowess will match!
What did he say?
Probably the same kind of crap that Bews spews out whenever he opens his mouth...the only difference is Harley actually has won premierships and therefore shouldn't be bitter about his 'failures'...
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

I think that the punishment is fair, anything more I feel would have been OTT. :|
It just fell out of the sky
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

hop wrote:
What did he say?
Just crapped on about how messily it has been handled and that he cant understand how Hurley was suspended from the NAB cup ages ago and now he has further suspensions placed on him. Also said that he just wonders what else EFC has up their sleeve for him blah blah blah.

Coming from a man that has no idea how EFC operate etc

It seemed like he realised how much shit he was dribbling because all of a sudden he threw the conversation to Nick Maxwell asking him what he though... This is the action of a man that isn't sure of what he is talking about IMO
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

The sanction is correct IMHO... Tough but fair.

Heard Dermie crapping on about it on SEN. I was surprised to hear him siding with Hurley and the EFC. Went down the path of "He's a great young man that stuffed up badly... It's starting to sound like he's being made a scapegoat." The other commentators quizzed him if he was at CH9 that fateful night. HE WAS!!!...

Hurley's lawyer Damien is a cousin of mine. He'll do a good job. Usually does. Has represented much worse types than Hurley in the past, that's for sure.

What freaks me out about Harley is how he smiles all the time. What the hell's he laughing at?...

:-k
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

bomberdonnie wrote:Just crapped on about how messily it has been handled and that he cant understand how Hurley was suspended from the NAB cup ages ago and now he has further suspensions placed on him. Also said that he just wonders what else EFC has up their sleeve for him blah blah blah.
He happened to make one good suspension call on a repeat dickhead and now thinks his way is the only way. f*** off (Harley that is).
He probably think Stokes will win the Norm Smith this year.
Doctor Fish wrote:What freaks me out about Harley is how he smiles all the time. What the hell's he laughing at?...
Didn't seem to be smiling when leaving court the other day.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

j-mac31 wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:What freaks me out about Harley is how he smiles all the time. What the hell's he laughing at?...
Think you're confusing Harley and Hurley!
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Doctor Fish wrote: What freaks me out about Harley is how he smiles all the time. What the hell's he laughing at?...

2 Premierships I would Imagine
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote: What freaks me out about Harley is how he smiles all the time. What the hell's he laughing at?...

2 Premierships I would Imagine
Fair point Windy...

:-"
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Ossie wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
Think you're confusing Harley and Hurley!
#-o :oops: #-o
I've "done a JumboPaddy".
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.