Ben Howlett

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Ben Howlett

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Has has been declared a nominated rookie for the 2010 season meaning he is able to play senior footy at any time!!! Looks like all his solid pre-season form has paid off!!

Nominated players along with Michael Barlow(Fre) are Jeff Garlett (Carlton), Ben Howlett (Essendon), Garry Moss (Hawthorn), Ben Speight (North Melbourne), Graham Polak and Relton Roberts (Richmond) and Will Sullivan (West Coast).
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Ben Howlett

Post by swoodley »

Great news for the young man.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Very happy with that. The kid can play...

=D>
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Grassy, isn't he your cousin?
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

Bang. Straight into my Dream team. Will be a bargain pick up.

Good luck to the kid. Done everything right so far.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

3rd Sis.But Yeah,we know each other pretty well.

Well done son.I guess I mightn't be seeing your Folks at PEEL/PERTH Games anymore?They'll be in MELBOURNE for some time I reckon.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Confirmed that he'll be playing in round 1 - there was an article to that effect in yesterday's Age.

Getting a good player off the rookie list is a massive bonus for any team - you expect your first couple draft picks to be decent players but the rookies are a raffle. It's been a while since we've turned a rookie into a solid player - Lovett was good but obviously went off the rails, Mark Johnson before that gave 6-7 years of really good footy, but i don't think there's been anything more recent than that? (NLM doesn't count).
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Filthy wrote:I think JJ was a rookie elevation Jimmy as was Pev.

I hear Bock is also coming along nicely...obviously just neesd meat on the bones.
Yeah you're right on Pev, he was solid. JJ was pulled from the national draft.

I think Bock's put on about two stone since joining the club and he still looks like a stick insect :lol:. When he started he was one of the lightest on the list and yet was by far the tallest!
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

I see captain Jobe has nominated Ben Howlett as our most improved player. Big call. I must admit he's a lad that has flown right under my radar...Twas a case of Ben Who... for me when I read that. But clearly he must have something to get that nomination.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I'm not sure he's Confirmed as IN just yet,but he's made so big an Impression,he's a possible starter for this week's Opening BLOCKBUSTER against None bigger right now than REIGNING PREMIERS,GEELONG. :D
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

Played really well for a first gamer. Good delivery and good attack at the ball. Well done Ben!
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

For mine, it was close to one of the best debut's I have seen in a long time. Really showed a lot of composure and 90% of his disposals were all class :) Long future for this kid don't worry about that.