Stanton.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Stanton.

Post by little_ripper »

$101 for the brownlow.

get on now. (actually i reckon he will be much shorter after tonights match).

IMO he was best on ground. up against that geelong midfield thats a mighty statement hes made.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Stanton.

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I said in a post last week that i felt that Stants would go under the radar a lot this year! With all the focus on players like Watson, Prismall, Licha and McVeigh when he gts back i think that will free up Stants to have an impact like he did tonight!

Definately the highlight along with the debut of Howlett, the return of Hille (except for that charging report) and the Mercuri-esque like performance of Zaharakis!! :D
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Will be lucky to get a single vote - he was not best on ground and played in a losing team. Bartel, Ablett and Ling were the best 3 players on the ground
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Having said that, I thought he was terrific all night and our best by the length of the MCG
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:I said in a post last week that i felt that Stants would go under the radar a lot this year! With all the focus on players like Watson, Prismall, Licha and McVeigh when he gts back i think that will free up Stants to have an impact like he did tonight!

Definately the highlight along with the debut of Howlett, the return of Hille (except for that charging report) and the Mercuri-esque like performance of Zaharakis!! :D
Zaharakis has taken the next step I reckon, he looked very good.

Hille will prob go for a week or two I reckon.

When the dons were 24 points up i thought sheesh we could have em here. But we were short a power forward tonight, and our kicking was slightly off. You got to feel if Neagle/Gumby find their feet(or Hurley coming in for that matter), Essendon could click into a mighty side this year.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Windy_Hill wrote:Will be lucky to get a single vote - he was not best on ground and played in a losing team. Bartel, Ablett and Ling were the best 3 players on the ground
I thought Stanton was as effective as those three easily, particularly as stants mates in the middle were fairly well held.

Gary had a few more touches and kicked one more goal..
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

If he plays like he has for the last two weeks and we win 12 games he'll get 20 votes.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

He was easily our best today. He will start getting tagged eventually which is something he'll need to cope with as he is important for us.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Around 150 dreamteam points too. Yeha! Go Stants!...

vingertje