Great fear we will lose Hurls.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Great fear we will lose Hurls.

Post by BenDoolan »

but it has had the AFL and Government interfering in internal Club matters to punish him.....time and time again.....because for political reasons because the alleged victim was Indian, and too busy to atttend Court because he was on holidays, poor chap.

As I said yesterday:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9359

He has been punished 4 times yet Fevola continues to play and Demetriou bizarrly says they couldn't do anything......belting a Irish Barman is OK whilst representing Oz.
This argument is getting a bit tired

:roll:

The hybrid game has nothing to do with the AFL. Just as misdemeanors on field don't affect the AFL season for suspensions. It's pretty simple.

Fevola was sacked by his club. Punishment enough?
Essendunny
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

If this was a Collingwood footballer you would be saying that the punishment isnt harsh enough, because of the inherant racism at his club.

You really do make it up as you go along sometimes Filth. You know deep down that assualt is a lot different to just being a dick head, so stop comparing him to Fevola.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

dunno how else to say it but don't worry about this issue :wink:
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

its all speculation.

Essendon will do what it can to keep its best players. As will any other club. invariably some will go to the GC.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Firstly, the game has changed since the Fev incident. Morals/standards are at an all-time high.
Second, it was overseas.
Third, Hurley received the suspension from his club (The AFL has done sweet FA). His club have been taking a stance of the past couple of years.. Fev was playing for low-life carnts that was, and still is, rife with scum.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

If he is that damned good ( a point still open to some debate) then why doesnt Essendon simply slap a 500K offer on the table. Of all established clubs, surely we have the most room to move in our Salary Cap (No Lloyd, Lucas, McPhee and Lovett to pay anymore with Fletch on Veteran List and likely to be gone by the end of the year)
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

This morning was the first time I got a bit worried about us losing him, because what if he is pissed off at the club for the suspension? Makes a spur of the moment decision after getting a huge offer the Monday after we have a big win against a rival club while he's out?
Don't get me wrong, I think the club handled it well. Use strong discipline to send a message to him and everyone on the list that crap will not be tolerated.

Still, I'm pretty sure last year he talked about how keen he was to stay at Essendon, let's hope nothing's changed.

Filth, give it up on the Fevola comparison. Carlton are a bunch of c****. No other way to put it. That they didn't suspend Fevola ever reflects badly on them. I'm sure no one outside the club and its supporters think they handled him well over the years.

As for being punished 4 times, I don't think a fine and a suspension is going too far (and I only see it as 1 club-imposed punishment anyway) and he has to face court because he broke the law.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

There is the very real possibility that the offer would be too good to knock back regardless of what Essendon did or do.

If he gets ridiculous money, as a 20 year old, to go up to the Gold Coast and kick a ball around, you wouldn't blame him for taking it. If this was 2003, Cupido would be the one offered the big money to move. He had a great year and really looked the goods, but two years later he was on the scrapheap. Now Hurley shows all the signs of being a champion, but there is a chance that he could be looking for a real job in 3 years time.

He would be doing himself a disservice if he doesn't make the most of the opportunities that are presented to him while the going is good.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

So let me get this straight.....EFC should not have suspended Hurley for his stupid assault? But they suspend blokes like Lovett & McVeigh for missing a training session. Oh I see, that makes f***'n sense :roll:
Essendunny
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Filthy wrote:
robbie67 wrote:If this was a Collingwood footballer you would be saying that the punishment isnt harsh enough, because of the inherant racism at his club.

You really do make it up as you go along sometimes Filth. You know deep down that assualt is a lot different to just being a dick head, so stop comparing him to Fevola.
Jazz if you know something solid that he'll re-sign, please post away and save us all some worry.

Hurls will be our G. Ablett...if he stays.

- Fact....Hurls assaulted someone who if not for being an Indian, would have been dealt with the system and I urge Stag, and others au fait with the "system' to contradict me. A 19yo pissed stuffs up for the first time and having no "form" and no one is hurt. He has no priors. Whats the going rate for that Stag, Sis, Ealsey, Jimmy or anyone who knows the Justice System? CBO? Alcohol counselling? Would it have been dealt with by now in the Magi's?
How long is a piece of string? Seriously impossible to answer that question without knowing the details of the incident. I first time offender who commits a 'minor assault' is going to be treated differently to a bloke who bashes a guys and puts them in hospital. Now obviously Hurley's assault wasn't that serious but the Magistrate did deem it to be to serious to be dealt with by way of a diversion program.

I imagine that he would now be looking at an adjouned undertaking or possibly a Community Based Order.

Now in terms of him walking because of the way the club has dealt with the incident, I have to find it suprising that you keep referring to Fevola, it there has ever been a worse example of player management by a club than Carlton with Fevola I'm struggling to think of it. Seriously the bloke f***** up time and time again an the club did nothing, they didn't punish him, he wasn't disciplined, he wasn't ask to account for his actions, just just told him not to do it again.

But he did, time and time and time again because he knew there was not going to be any consequence to his actions.

Hurley on the other hand will never make the same mistake again, and if he is so upset by the way his has been treated an the fact the club has punished him for getting on the piss, assaulting a member of the club and bring the game and the CLUB into disrepute, then all the talk about his character is complete bullshit an he can f*** off to Gold Coast if that is the case.
brad
Top Up Player

Post by brad »

Take a read of the latest edition of the Bomber Mag.

There's an interview with Paddy, Tayte, Hooker, Neagle and Hurley all together. Going by the reaction to the question about moving north for the $$$ (GWS OR Gold Coast) I don't think any of them will be heading anywhere too soon.

All stated they're keen to develop and taste success together and feel we're on the way up.

That was Hurley too saying this.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Success will eventually bring money with things such as sponsorships.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

He is NOT leaving EFC.

I don't know what Jazz knows - but I know what I know :wink:
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

If he leaves because he got suspended for what he did, then the kid is soft. However, he is not soft, he won't leave because of the way we disciplined him. If he leaves, it will be because of the money, plain and simple.

But in any event, he will not be leaving!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Filthy wrote:
hop wrote:He is NOT leaving EFC.

I don't know what Jazz knows - but I know what I know :wink:
And now I know what Jazz knows :D Sworn to secrecy...mums the word and all :roll:
It's not a secret if more than two people know.....so it's time for you to spill the beans and put the rest of us at ease :-"
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

As long as Jazz and Filthy know, it's fine with me.