Hille free to play...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Hille free to play...

Post by Doctor Fish »

Hillie got off. Yey!

vingertje

Kozi 3-4 weeks. Yey!

vingertje
danstar84
Club Captain

Re: Hille free to play...

Post by danstar84 »

Excellent. There wasn't much in it, but I still thought he may cop a week.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Wonders will never cease!!!!!

Could be start of some good karma coming our way.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Match review panel: round one

2:49 PM Mon 29 March, 2010
THE AFL wishes to advise the Match Review Panel has reviewed the matches played from the weekend. The following charges were laid:

Charges Laid:
Justin Koschitzke, St Kilda, has been charged with a Level Three engaging in rough conduct offence against Nick Malceski, Sydney Swans, during the first quarter of the round one match between St Kilda and the Sydney Swans, played at ANZ Stadium on Saturday March 27, 2010.

In summary, his previous poor record means that his sanction must remain at three games, even with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), medium impact (two points) and high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points, resulting in a classification of a level three offence, drawing 325 demerit points and a three-match sanction. He has a total of three matches suspended within the last three years, increasing the penalty by 30 per cent to 422.50 points. He also has 53.52 points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 476.02 points and a four-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 357.02 points and a three-match sanction.

Brendon Goddard, St Kilda, has been charged with making negligent contact with umpire Stephen McBurney during the first quarter of the round one match between St Kilda and the Sydney Swans, played at ANZ stadium on Saturday March 27, 2010.

In summary, he can accept a $900 sanction with an early plea.

Making negligent contact with an umpire is a $1200 sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a $900 sanction.

Other incidents assessed:
The match day report laid against Essendon’s David Hille for charging the Geelong Cats’ Jimmy Bartel from Friday’s match was assessed. The panel said that Essendon’s Jobe Watson had the ball and had directed a pass to his teammate Hille. Jimmy Bartel moved to cut off the kick and got to the marking contest first. The panel said Hille had his eyes on the ball and was attempting to take a chest mark. He turned to brace himself for contact, which was made to Bartel's body and shoulder. It was considered a legitimate attempt to mark the ball. No further action was taken.

Contact between Carlton’s Jarrad Waite and Richmond’s Daniel Connors from the first quarter of Thursday’s match was assessed. The impact was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

Contact between North Melbourne’s Brent Harvey and Port Adelaide’s Jacob Surjan from the third quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. Contact was made with an open hand. The force was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

Contact between the Western Bulldogs’ Ryan Hargrave and Collingwood's Paul Medhurst from the third quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. Due to the inconclusive nature of the video evidence, no further action was taken.

Contact between the Western Bulldogs’ Jason Akermanis and Collingwood’s Heath Shaw from the fourth quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. Due to the inconclusive nature of the video evidence, no further action was taken.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Probably a bit lucky to get off but we'll take all the luck we can get.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Hate to say I told you so! =D>
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

robrulz5 wrote:Probably a bit lucky to get off but we'll take all the luck we can get.
How was he lucky? He was already airborn before Bartel cut in front. Not sure about you but on the rare occassions I got off the ground, I found it difficult moving myself away from the opponent in from of me.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

hop wrote:Wonders will never cease!!!!!

Could be start of some good karma coming our way.
haha i feel the same... surely we couldnt be so lucky!!!

Great to have Hille in the side to tackle the Dockers.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Justice served.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Rossoneri wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:Probably a bit lucky to get off but we'll take all the luck we can get.
How was he lucky? He was already airborn before Bartel cut in front. Not sure about you but on the rare occassions I got off the ground, I found it difficult moving myself away from the opponent in from of me.
I think it was a soft report myself. We usually don't get any luck when it comes to reports.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

suprised!

good times.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

wow :shock: im speachless....... awesome news though big boost for this weekends game!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

and Lloyd got 4 weeks??

Go figure

Am pleasantly surprised although
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mark Fraser coming through...... :-k
Essendunny
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Judging on our previous form, I thought we were gone for sure. A bit of much needed luck at last.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

BenDoolan wrote:Mark Fraser coming through...... :-k

Doubt it, he would have still kicked it to the opposition.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

dom_105 wrote:Justice served.
Hmmm ... seem to remember that a 50 was paid... compare to Zac Dawson on Kennelly - late and fist to the back of the head - Kennelly apparently still vomiting today. No report, no 50 (even though Kennelly had clearly taken the mark).

Ah well - will take the so called "let off".

Though please folks - although Hille has previous form, I think too many were too quick in here to claim he had a "brain snap". Lets keep that judgement for when McVeigh returns :roll:

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Very happy with that, though I did think he was gawn with the elbow coming up the way it did... =D>