Slattery

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nomolos
Club Captain

Re: Slattery

Post by nomolos »

robrulz5 wrote:He doesn't look like a player that will play in our next premiership. Although he isn't the only one from Friday's team.
Spot on. Thats about it right there.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

beacause no premiership team has ever had an ordinary skilled, defensive back pocket...........
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sismis wrote:You're have a crack at Slatts for giving away frees and you want to replace him with ....... MC Veigh.......

I think he does his job as a BP, which means other players can be more effective up the ground. He's not the most talented on the list but he doesn't need to be. I cannot believe that people are willing to sacrifice having Mc Veigh in the midfield. He had a shocker last year but he is oe of the best kicks in the team and his delivery into the forward 50 is sublime.

As has been noted he is one of the first picked every week and there is a reason for that. He does his job.
We shall see
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

What about Hocking? I reckon this guy is borderline hopeless. Poor skills, too slow and does not get anywhere near his opponent. How he is keeping Lonergan out of the team is a joke.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Rossoneri wrote:What about Hocking? I reckon this guy is borderline hopeless. Poor skills, too slow and does not get anywhere near his opponent. How he is keeping Lonergan out of the team is a joke.
Seven tackles last week indicates he got very close to his man :roll:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Rossoneri wrote:What about Hocking? I reckon this guy is borderline hopeless. Poor skills, too slow and does not get anywhere near his opponent. How he is keeping Lonergan out of the team is a joke.
Hocking is certainly not hopeless... he has become a tough little midfielder for us over the past 2 seasons and isnt afraid to throw himself on the footy. He bobbed up and kicked a few goals last year as well. I dont think he is a natural tagger but he is all we have at the moment!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Hocking is alright but he does seem to fumble and get caught for holding the ball quite alot. Lonergan will be kept out of the side by Zaharakis.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I dont mind Hocking... Think he has a lot to learn but will get there
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Hocking > Slattery
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I thought that Hocking was OK last week. He has trimmed down and I suspect picked up a bit of pace which was sorely needed. He is really hard at the pill and pretty solid and it is not Hocking that is keeping Sammy out. We are still a very light weight team in terms of muscle and Hocking provides a bit of grunt as does NLM. Hille's vigour, as long as it doesn't get him cited, is also most welcome.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I think Hocking was fantastic last week well from at least what I remember. I would never doubt his courage and hunger for the ball. Skills and execution is another story. Slattery I aint sold on too much either....I think Lonergan is a starting 22 player. But not over Zaharakis. Zaharakis is going to be a gun!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Sismis wrote:beacause no premiership team has ever had an ordinary skilled, defensive back pocket...........

Sissy, he isnt even THAT good. He makes David Grenvold look like Garry Ablett.
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

We have to accept this guy will get a game. He will cost us a couple of goals a game. Poor disposal, self doubt and poor decision making> However, he wasnt the only one today. The skill level today was a disgrace. It became laughable by the end.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Im guessing that Slats played on Ballantyne yesterday......

Lets hope that he doesnt get the job on Betts on Sat... i would hate to see that weasel kick a bag against us. :x
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

He sure did!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Clearly one of our best yesterday. Is 22, and played 25 games. Looks to have improved over the summer, and has a red hot dip.

Look elsewhere for your venting....
Essendunny
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Im guessing that Slats played on Ballantyne yesterday......
Yep. :roll:

Got absolutely owned.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Everytime I see him come onscreen I just expect the opposition to kick a goal these days. Was rubbish. Of course, he had mates, but he does little-to-nothing week after week.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:
Clearly one of our best yesterday. Is 22, and played 25 games. Looks to have improved over the summer, and has a red hot dip.

So we should forget about his lack of speed, skill, constantly being run down from behind and going short when the long option is better because you think he had a good game?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

So we should forget about his lack of speed, skill, constantly being run down from behind and going short when the long option is better because you think he had a good game?
Na, because you haven't shown where he's had a bad game. Certainly wasn't bad last week or yesterday. So I'm wondering what you're on about....
Essendunny