Membership packs

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: Membership packs

Post by j-mac31 »

JumboPaddy wrote:The scarfs pretty cool :) that is all.
Seems to be somewhat poor quality "wool".
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:How about everyone cut them some slack - I very much doubt that the membership fiasco is intentional. Dont you think thet the club would be seriously embarassed by this. Perhaps there is a reason that we just simply are unaware of. Perhaps its just poor management. Still, some of the anger here seems a little disproportionate to the crime? I have no doubt that anyone who has been disadvantaged will be compensated.
They should be embarrassed, because it's absolutely pathetic. I, and many others in my position, have stumped up hundreds of dollars months ago, and haven't heard a peep since. That's horseshit for a supposedly professional organisation.

I'd be extremely surprised if they offered compensation, hence i'll be invoicing them for my time wasted.
Totally agree. Couldn't have put it better myself.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:How about everyone cut them some slack - I very much doubt that the membership fiasco is intentional. Dont you think thet the club would be seriously embarassed by this. Perhaps there is a reason that we just simply are unaware of. Perhaps its just poor management. Still, some of the anger here seems a little disproportionate to the crime? I have no doubt that anyone who has been disadvantaged will be compensated.
They should be embarrassed, because it's absolutely pathetic. I, and many others in my position, have stumped up hundreds of dollars months ago, and haven't heard a peep since. That's horseshit for a supposedly professional organisation.

I'd be extremely surprised if they offered compensation, hence i'll be invoicing them for my time wasted.

Please, I have already agreed that they have stuffed up.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

There is no excuse for what has happened this year. I do empathise with the staff who have to deal with all the anger from the supporters as a result of the technology glitch. Yet, you can say you don't care if they have to work 16 hour days but put yourself in their shoes. It's not a deliberate act, or human error (well that we know of). Everyone has a right to be angry but I just feel sorry for those staff on the phones who are copping it. Most of them have nothing to do with the problem. I do believe that this a matter to be taken up with the Chairman and CEO because it's been a disaster so I hope people understand that the people on the phone can only do the best they can...

Hope everyone get their packs very soon! :)
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Ronny Rotten wrote:
Gossy wrote:Hey guys, just wondering if anyone here with a high mark membership can give me some tips.
My dad, brother and myself have upgraded to high mark this year, and we were wondering the best way to go about using it. Any information would help such as:

Has anyone attended the pre-match interviews in the Victory room? If so, are they any good, and what time do they normally start?
Is the Arena restaurant any good?

Thanks guys
I've had a high mark membership since it started & found it to be of good value especially this year now that we have reserved seating ( in good locations also)for ALL Essendon's Melbourne games, both home & away. With the advantage payment system it works out at about $70 per month ($16 per week) for each adult membership.

As for the the interviews in the Victory room they are mostly with injured & suspended players. Nothing really insightful just fluff saying the usual " party line " talk.

I hardly use the restaurant but when i have its a real bunfight at the end with everyone wanting to pay at the same time to watch the start of play. Once i missed half the first quarter standing in a long queue with a lone person trying to process all the patrons. I wanted to pay 5 minutes before the game commenced. More of Collo's tightness & lack of care for the people at "his" stadium.

Overall, the high mark membership is good value especially if (when) we reach the grand final we are assured of a ticket.
Thanks mate, that was very helpful. Looking forward to seeing how it goes today. :)
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

Haven't heard a peep out of them since buying my membership.
How hard is it to send a fricking email out.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

My membership has been a clusterfuck again this year. They stopped taking the debits out for no reason I can determine in September of last year and didn't tell me. I don't check that things come out, because there's always money in that account and they usually send a letter if there's a problem. So I ring the club and they tell me they'll sort it. Nothing happens for three weeks. I'm told I'll get an e-mail about it letting me know the receipt number etc for the debit for last years missed payments and confirming my new MCG Away seat, and this years ones owing so far. No dice. So I ring again, and am on hold for seventeen minutes. And I get through to a generic answering machine. In previous experience, I know those calls aren't returned, so I vent on twitter.

Within minutes I've got the e-mail of someone from marketing. He helps me out, and after having to e-mail him twice to put the spurs into the membership department, I get my membership....

.... with every seat except my MCG Away seat incorrect.

If this was a "tech glitch", I'd understand. But does anyone remember standing outside at the membership until well into the second quarter last year at the G waiting to pick tickets up when they'd printed them wrong? Or the year before when they were "implementing a new system" and people had problems if they were direct debiting your account? There seems to be a new problem every year, and every year I end up being one of the ones who has problems. I don't blame the membership department, although it's hard to see why they HAVE to be unprofessional enough to not do what they say they'll do, I blame the people clearly not allocating enough resources every bloody year at this time. It's just asking for trouble, and it looks so bad.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

keri wrote:My membership has been a clusterfuck again this year. They stopped taking the debits out for no reason I can determine in September of last year and didn't tell me. I don't check that things come out, because there's always money in that account and they usually send a letter if there's a problem. So I ring the club and they tell me they'll sort it. Nothing happens for three weeks. I'm told I'll get an e-mail about it letting me know the receipt number etc for the debit for last years missed payments and confirming my new MCG Away seat, and this years ones owing so far. No dice. So I ring again, and am on hold for seventeen minutes. And I get through to a generic answering machine. In previous experience, I know those calls aren't returned, so I vent on twitter.

Within minutes I've got the e-mail of someone from marketing. He helps me out, and after having to e-mail him twice to put the spurs into the membership department, I get my membership....

.... with every seat except my MCG Away seat incorrect.

If this was a "tech glitch", I'd understand. But does anyone remember standing outside at the membership until well into the second quarter last year at the G waiting to pick tickets up when they'd printed them wrong? Or the year before when they were "implementing a new system" and people had problems if they were direct debiting your account? There seems to be a new problem every year, and every year I end up being one of the ones who has problems. I don't blame the membership department, although it's hard to see why they HAVE to be unprofessional enough to not do what they say they'll do, I blame the people clearly not allocating enough resources every bloody year at this time. It's just asking for trouble, and it looks so bad.

That really is a clusterfuck!

When I first became a member I would get my membership before Christmas.
Round 3 this week and I'm still waiting!
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

It's getting stupid. I've had one of the marketing guys replying to e-mails at quarter to eleven at night. I feel so bad for having to make more work for him, but it doesn't seem like I get any resolution through the membership department. They're too understaffed and undertrained to do what they say they'll do.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It is getting really stupid. We would have to have the worst membership department in the league. I've heard two excuse for the problems this year: 1) a new system being used. 2) The club needed to take McPhee's face off the membership stuff.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Don't know why people are mentioning High Mark being good value cos of the guaranteed grand final ticket. I've been a Silver Social Club member (or equivalent) for 16 years. I've been guaranteed a Grand Final every year. You're being duped if you think you have to be a High Mark member to get the granny ticket.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I had a silver membership for a while and a Grand Final ticket was only guaranteed if any were left after the High Mark got them.

The new high mark room which is right behind my seat ain't too bad.
brad
Top Up Player

Post by brad »

You won't be getting no GF ticket in the future with just a silver membership let alone the best seats on Level 2 at MCG or Etihad (where I prefer to sit). Cough up the $$$$ and upgrade to a High Mark or prepare to join the queues when we do make the BIG ONE!
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

WHERE IS MY HAT?!?!?
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Boyler_Room wrote:WHERE IS MY HAT?!?!?
The scarves are better!
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

robrulz5 wrote:
Boyler_Room wrote:WHERE IS MY HAT?!?!?
The scarves are better!
I could knit a better scarf with my fingers.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

That hats are useless under the roof at Etihad.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I suppose most posting on this thread are members (given the subject matter). Use your membership rights to impose pressure on the board to fix the mess that is rapidly taking over the club> Vote at the AGM for change to ensure this does not happen again. We are club that seems to be making mediocrity in all things a habit and it needs to stop.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Almost round 4. How many still haven't recieved their memberships?
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Still waiting on a correct one, anyway. Looks like I'll have the membership in time for the Anzac Day game, but not much before.