The Duck

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Re: The Duck

Post by Sismis »

I thought exactly the same thing. Athleticism and eyes for the ball.

I think the best part has been his improvement from game to game. I can often take a while to settle in but he seems to be getting there.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

the kid has talent, but will his body hold up? Everyone who has seen him play knows this, but what about his body?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

When drafted was compared to a young W Carey by those in the know. Perhaps the Duck can see this as well
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:When drafted was compared to a young W Carey by those in the know. Perhaps the Duck can see this as well
Yeah, and one of my old mates was compared to Carey at one stage.. Aaron James.

He got struck down by injury too. And now weighs about 120kg, but can still kick 100 goals a season at local level.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

GIMPs.. don't tell me you are Melton Boy.

Don't think it was just injuries that stopped him .. this guy made Fev look boring.

My friend told me he went with Azza to watch the Doggies play WestCoast at the Western Oval .. where he decided to throw a hot dog and hit Carl Langdon in the head.....
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

hillchaser wrote:GIMPs.. don't tell me you are Melton Boy.

Don't think it was just injuries that stopped him .. this guy made Fev look boring.

My friend told me he went with Azza to watch the Doggies play WestCoast at the Western Oval .. where he decided to throw a hot dog and hit Carl Langdon in the head.....
I know it wasn't just injuries that stopped him. I lived down the road from him and played footy with his brother right thru juniors. He was no saint. He was the nicest bloke on earth when you saw him at his house, but throw him into a crowd of other blokes, it was like he had red cordial injected into his veins.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Gumby has improved every week so far which is a step in the right direction. He has shown enough to keep persisting with in the side instead of Neagle.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Are you a Melton boy Hillchaser?
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Two question marks still hang over Gumbleton for me, his durability an whether his body can handle the rigours of AFL football and whether he can improve his kicking style because at the moment it is horrible and will prevent him from being an accurate kick for goal.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

I think that with Gumby - slow and steady will win the race. The Bunyip is now the Tortoise.

The kid just needs a break with injuries and his confidence and form will improve. When he arrived at the club the wraps were on him for both his marking and kicking - we've seen one but not the other. It will hopefully come with time.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Gimps wrote:

Are you a Melton boy Hillchaser?
I am. (At least, I was... now I'm stuck in Adelaide)
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant