Beating West Coast

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Beating West Coast

Post by swoodley »

robrulz5 wrote:Some extra space in the forward line will certainly suit Williams & Reimers who both played well on the weekend. Gumbleton also did well when he worked out into space to subi should hold no fears for us.

Hille should do a majority of the ruckwork, he is our number 1 ruckman and dominated when in the middle on Saturday night. The times Paddy was in the ruck seemed to be the times Carlton kicked a majority of their goals, not saying it's Paddy's fault as there were other factors just a fact.
Given that Natanui will probably spend most of the time rucking, I would tend to play Ryder as our main ruckman as he has the athleticism to compete that Hille lacks.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

84859300 wrote:Watch us get killed when Woosha send Cox forward and leaves him there for 3 quarters. We had absolutely no idea on how to play Sandilands when he went forward last week.

Leaving fletch on a 5'11" player didn't seem to make much sense at the time and if he's continued to be played on the 3rd best forward then we'll have plenty kicked against us.
Cox is lacking both fitness and form at present. I wouldn't expect that he will dominate whether forward or in the ruck.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

swoodley wrote:
84859300 wrote:Watch us get killed when Woosha send Cox forward and leaves him there for 3 quarters. We had absolutely no idea on how to play Sandilands when he went forward last week.

Leaving fletch on a 5'11" player didn't seem to make much sense at the time and if he's continued to be played on the 3rd best forward then we'll have plenty kicked against us.
Cox is lacking both fitness and form at present. I wouldn't expect that he will dominate whether forward or in the ruck.
6'19" doesn't require form.

Plus, we seem to have the habbit of playing guys like that into form against us in the last couple of years :evil:
First name: Mr
Second name: period
Last name: T
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

swoodley wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:Some extra space in the forward line will certainly suit Williams & Reimers who both played well on the weekend. Gumbleton also did well when he worked out into space to subi should hold no fears for us.

Hille should do a majority of the ruckwork, he is our number 1 ruckman and dominated when in the middle on Saturday night. The times Paddy was in the ruck seemed to be the times Carlton kicked a majority of their goals, not saying it's Paddy's fault as there were other factors just a fact.
Given that Natanui will probably spend most of the time rucking, I would tend to play Ryder as our main ruckman as he has the athleticism to compete that Hille lacks.
It would be a great match-up to see Paddy and Natinui up against each other. I think Hille could wear Natinui down especially at stoppages where he can use his strength.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Hille's job should be to brutalise the fijian into thinking he should have taken up a different sport. Nothing less than a full on physical mauling from Hille, even if it costs a few frees, should be his number one aganda.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Windy_Hill wrote:Hille's job should be to brutalise the fijian into thinking he should have taken up a different sport. Nothing less than a full on physical mauling from Hille, even if it costs a few frees, should be his number one aganda.
Easier said than done Windy...Natanui is already pretty well built for such a young player and his athleticism enables him to avoid a lot of the physical contact.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

swoodley wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Hille's job should be to brutalise the fijian into thinking he should have taken up a different sport. Nothing less than a full on physical mauling from Hille, even if it costs a few frees, should be his number one aganda.
Easier said than done Windy...Natanui is already pretty well built for such a young player and his athleticism enables him to avoid a lot of the physical contact.
Yeah, you're right Swoods - where is Dean Wallis when you need him. He just needs to be given a real solid working over
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

When did we last win at Subi? Was it that Elimination final against Freo?
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I remember we beat Freo 2 years ago around Round 13..where we went on a run in 2008. When McPhee & Schammer clashed. We won by 4 points or something. I think that was it.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

swoodley wrote:
He certainly has alot of muscle definition but in terms of size he's still not all that big. I'd expect Hille to monster him at stoppages and boundary throw ins.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

robrulz5 wrote:
swoodley wrote:
He certainly has alot of muscle definition but in terms of size he's still not all that big. I'd expect Hille to monster him at stoppages and boundary throw ins.
But as swoods said, he will just jump over Hille. They need to lock arms and then Hille can use his muscle. We will also need a 3rd man up, something we rarely use.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Spot on Rosso, possibly NLM playing in the middle again. He has excellent leap.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sismis wrote:Spot on Rosso, possibly NLM playing in the middle again. He has excellent leap.
third man up rarely wins the ball to advanatage - it tends to be an uncontrolled tap or hit of the footy
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

We are winning the contested ball, something we have obviously worked very hard on, putting it to a 50/50 may well be the best result.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Rossoneri wrote: But as swoods said, he will just jump over Hille. They need to lock arms and then Hille can use his muscle. We will also need a 3rd man up, something we rarely use.
Most ruck contests around the ground are usually done with the ruckman locking arms anyway.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

robrulz5 wrote:
Rossoneri wrote: But as swoods said, he will just jump over Hille. They need to lock arms and then Hille can use his muscle. We will also need a 3rd man up, something we rarely use.
Most ruck contests around the ground are usually done with the ruckman locking arms anyway.
Natanui doesn't ruck that way....he makes an effort to keep away from his opponent so that he can use his jump to get over the top of them.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Weather report for Friday Morning shower or two. Min 16 Max 24

Lots of doom and gloom in the press re the eagles over here.

Worsfold is telling fans to be patient and that they probably won't make the finals this year.

The media is really putting the boots in with regard to the quality of their disposal (especially kicking).

Kerr is struggling and this has been mentioned quite a bit in the media over the last few days.

Lynch has been playing for West Perth and just about everyone except Worsfold can't understand why.

Cox is still trying to regain form and fitness.

Their forward line (apart from Le Cras) can't kick to save themselves.

So much ammunition for them to use on Friday night....we better be switched on because I expect the eagles to come out breathing fire.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

swoodley wrote:Weather report for Friday Morning shower or two. Min 16 Max 24

Worsfold is telling fans to be patient and that they probably won't make the finals this year.

The media is really putting the boots in with regard to the quality of their disposal (especially kicking).

Kerr is struggling and this has been mentioned quite a bit in the media over the last few days.

Lynch has been playing for West Perth and just about everyone except Worsfold can't understand why.

So much ammunition for them to use on Friday night....we better be switched on because I expect the eagles to come out breathing fire.
Going by that, WCE will kick 24.5, Kerr will have 35 touches, Lynch will kick 6.1, Cox will dominate and have 25 hit-outs and 3 goals and their disposal will be about the 80%.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Rossoneri wrote:
swoodley wrote:Weather report for Friday Morning shower or two. Min 16 Max 24

Going by that, WCE will kick 24.5, Kerr will have 35 touches, Lynch will kick 6.1, Cox will dominate and have 25 hit-outs and 3 goals and their disposal will be about the 80%.
In the words of Meatloaf... "You took the words right out of my mouth.." :D
5Alive
Top Up Player

Post by 5Alive »

Paddy your correct was two years ago we beat Freo, but a very long time since WC I hate hose mofos and you will all hear me giving it to em on Friday. A good early start is a must then most of the Toaster tossers will go home. If our boys stand around like they dont want to be there this week well watch for me cause I will jump the fence and smack their asses
I bleed black with a red sash