Blokes with no future

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nomolos
Club Captain

Blokes with no future

Post by nomolos »

No future

Slattery
Lonergan
Welsh
Hooker - Just another Keplar Bradley
Dempsey

Borderline

Lovett Murray
Winderlich
Williams

Triers

Watson
Hocking
Pears
Reimers
Zaharakis
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Blokes with no future

Post by robbie67 »

Bit harsh on Hooker, he is already 10 times better than Bradley. He's just kid that plays behind a shit mid-field.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

extremely harsh on hooker
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Hahaha! Hooker that is funny :lol: I'd take Winderlich out too. Having a shit run of late...tried that quarter. No quarms from me on the rest.

Edit - Take Dempsey out too!
Last edited by paddyl90 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i think Winderlich will be good, needs others to be better around him

Slattery i GORN!! (or should be)
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Slattery - was never there. Still no one is listening.

Like no one is addressing our structure - particularly when we play interstate.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Dempsey is as dumb as dog shit.
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

no credibility when you put Hooker in the class of Bradley!!!! POOR!!!!!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

robbie67 wrote:Dempsey is as dumb as dog shit.
Dempsey did some lazy sloppy shit tonight.........he's better than that.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

nomolos wrote:No future

Slattery
Lonergan
Welsh 9 frees against now this year
Hooker - Just another Keplar Bradley
Dempsey

Borderline

Lovett Murray
Winderlich
Williams

Triers

Watson
Hocking
Pears
Reimers
Zaharakis
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Welsh was on the angry pills tonight.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

ace076 wrote:no credibility when you put Hooker in the class of Bradley!!!! POOR!!!!!
Guess ill have to learn to live with your disappointment. :roll:
Its a internet football forum no one has any credibility if we did we wouldn't be posting shit like we do on here. As we've seen by you.

Fact it is...its an assessment on what i beleive is happening, and at this stage the amount of mistakes and stupid decisions he makes are equal to the shit i saw with Bradley. There's time for him to turn it around.
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

nomolos wrote:
ace076 wrote:no credibility when you put Hooker in the class of Bradley!!!! POOR!!!!!
Its a internet football forum no one has any credibility if we did we wouldn't be posting shit like we do on here. As we've seen by you.

Fact it is...its an assessment on what i beleive is happening, and at this stage the amount of mistakes and stupid decisions he makes are equal to the shit i saw with Bradley. There's time for him to turn it around.
So which one is it? Does he have no future or does he have time to turn it around? Thought that Hooker, despite his mistakes, was one of the few that came to play and kept at it all night. It is not his fault if the ball comes down with alarming regularity and with no pressure at all on the ball carriers.

BTW, what's your problem with me, what shit have I ever posted on here?
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

Congrats on 1000 acer.
First name: Mr
Second name: period
Last name: T
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

No future

Slattery - played in the middle a bit at the end. Maybe back pocket wont be his when Spike comes back.
Lonergan - was kicked to horribly. He's 5' something and they kicking to him like a 7 footer
Welsh - could provide so much more with aggression at the footy
Hooker - [Just another Keplar Bradley] - has more talent than Keps little finger. I'll back him as long as he keeps running straight lines out of the back line. Not the worst tonight>
Dempsey - Has also not been the wosrt defeneder this year

Borderline

Lovett Murray - 100 game in 6 years. Always borderline.
Winderlich - back injury will hurt in the nest two years if not 1
Williams - can not judge this based on the piss poor deliver over 4 rounds now.

Triers

Watson - tick
Hocking - tick
Pears - tick
Reimers - tick
Zaharakis - still playing tall in our F50. Just go out and get a tall!!!
Last edited by 84859300 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
First name: Mr
Second name: period
Last name: T
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

ace076 wrote:
nomolos wrote:

So which one is it? Does he have no future or does he have time to turn it around? Thought that Hooker, despite his mistakes, was one of the few that came to play and kept at it all night. It is not his fault if the ball comes down with alarming regularity and with no pressure at all on the ball carriers.

So when he gets his hands on the ball and kicks into a man on the mark or shanks a kick or cant pick the ball up, cant hand ball, its the fault of the when the "ball comes down with alarming regularity and with no pressure at all on the ball carriers". How has that thinking worked out for Mcphee.

He has no future IF he continues the shit like he has the last 3 weeks. Im giving him the benefit of the doubt that maybe, just maybe, he'll get it right. Right now my assessment is harsh but none the less an assessment on where i see him going.
Your 1st post in this thread :roll:
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Haven't posted for awhile but really need to vent my frustration. Alarm bells were ringing when we got smashed in our Round 1 NAB Cup match. Ruins my whole weekend when the Bombers lose and it depresses the shit out of me. Let me preface this by saying that my mind was saying that we would lose by over 50 points (I was telling people all week at work, we had no chance to beat West Coast over there) but the heart was hoping otherwise. And the way they scored their first goal so quickly was so reminiscent of our NAB cup game, it bordered on ridiculous and I thought here we go again.

I think you're being very harsh on Hooker, I know he did a lot of dumb things but he was the only one that seemed to run hard, thus looked like he was trying hard. Sure he went up for the mark a couple of times when he should have punched but at least he gets to the contest. I don't think you can compare him to Bradley as Bradley was an unco of the highest order and I don't ever remember him taking the game on like Hooker likes to do.

I thought the worst player on the ground was Lonergan, I've been annoyed that Matty Knights has refused to play him in the middle and has insisted playing him deep forward. I WAS a huge fan of Lonergan and was glad to see he was put in the guts but his performance was nothing short of deplorable. I don't think he hit a target all night. Welsh was terrible as well and I've been annoyed that he, along with McVeigh, have been getting regular games.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but I was really disappointed that the club decided to draft Williams, he's a dead eye dick but if you can't deliver the ball to him, well he's not much use. And I always thought we had a similar style player in Monfries, so why recruit another. As for Gumbleton, a few people were giving him stick on SEN but if the ball is being delivered poorly, there's really not much he can do. And as a forward, he's probably going to get more touch at senior rather than the non-competitive rabble that is called Bendigo. If only Hille and Ryder had taken a leaf out of his book and watched the ball when rucking, maybe we wouldn't have got so badly smashed at the clearances. Plus the poor kid is probably so worried about injuring himself after a horror run of injuries, he's proabably still very tentative. And I sympathise because I've got bad knees that keep buckling every few weeks at karate, so I'm giving it a way at the end of the year because it that little bit more heart crushing every time it happens. So the kid's got the right level of fortitude to no doubt succeed but whether he has the ability reamins to be seen

Matty Knights needs to come up with an alternative midfield combination as our current combination isn't working, I would go so far as to say that we have the worst midfield in the competition. Ho\efully next year, the club tries to recruit another decent in and under midfielder as Jobe cannot handle the workload on his own. Mark Fine on SEN suggested we try Zaharakis in the midfield because he was recruited as a midfielder. This sounds like a great idea in principle but I
still think Zaharakis is too slight of build to be able to cope in the midfield.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

f*** me, will you tools give the Slattery bashing a rest. I'm partial to bagging players every now and then, but this is ridiculous. He actually played a pretty good game last night. Did anyone notice the speed that the ball was coming into their forward line? Our backs had f*** all support, and were constantly under pressure when the ball went into their forward 50. When Knights finally had a brainwave and made some moves, the team responded. This included Slattery when he went to the middle. Priddis barely had a touch.

We've got far bigger things to worry about than an individuals' game. The Freo game and the West Coast game, both $hit TEAM efforts.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Hooker has shown enough to suggest that he will be a good player for us. He is quite daring which is good to see in a young player. I'd like to see Dempsey given a chance to play on a wing, his run and carry is very good but his disposal does need a bit of work.

Winderlich is an important player for us, just going through a bad patch.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Amongst all the disappointments - my worst player was Welsh. Not only for his poor performance with the ball and the frees he gave away ... but!

He is the Vice Captain of the side - and he gave away a 50 m penalty a few minutes into the first quarter for verbal abuse of the umpire. I suspect that this did not endear the team to the umpires. Whether the free was soft or not - Welsh was wrong to verbal.

For Gawds sake - Welsh is meant to show leadership and discipline to the younger players - and this will not be achieved by being a prat. As an example of how he should conduct himself - he can look no further than the soft free given against Fletch in the last quarter ... Im sure he just shrugged. Suprise suprise - he got a free in return shortly after.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)