Anzac Day Massacre Pre Game Discussion

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Anzac Day Massacre Pre Game Discussion

Post by BenDoolan »

Who knows, we're more than likely to turn up and win this bloody game. The only thing going for us is that well play well at this venue. Absolutely SHITHOUSE everywhere else though.

Surely these inclusions next week;

Stanton, Monfries, McVeigh, Prismall, Howlett

Outs;

Take your bloody pick
Essendunny
dom_105
Club Captain

Re: Anzac Day Massacre Pre Game Discussion

Post by dom_105 »

Williams can stay at Bendigo until he can figure out exactly what this club is paying him good money to do.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

dom_105 wrote:Williams can stay at Bendigo until he can figure out exactly what this club is paying him good money to do.
Wonder if the coaching staff know the answer to that question, dom. If they don't then how the hell should he know?
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

BenDoolan wrote: Surely these inclusions next week;

This is why I asked how they played last week in the Magoo's. If they show nothing there, why bring them back??

Games like last night, on a national Friday night telecast should have half the VFL team a stiffy to get back to the ones. Plenty of spots up for grabs if they want them.
First name: Mr
Second name: period
Last name: T
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

84859300 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote: Surely these inclusions next week;

This is why I asked how they played last week in the Magoo's. If they show nothing there, why bring them back??
Because blokes like Neagle never played a good game at Bendigo EVER, but still gets senior games. Whatever Prismall's sins were v Freo, did it deserve a 2 week absence? What did Howlett do wrong?

Judging by last night, Reimers might be missing next week due to injury, and if I were on the selection committee, Welsh would be dropped for several weeks. Then you start looking at Lonergan (just has to get more involved), and Melksham & Colyer need a spell. They've had a taste, but they need more work in the magoos. Their disposal efficeiency is well below AFL standard.
Essendunny
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

I definitely don't want Prismall, McVeigh or Davey back in the team. I'm sick of Prismall getting cheap possessions and playing risk free football with this short little chip passes. As for Davey, we need a crumber not a fumbler. Teams have worked him out now and make sure they apply plenty of physical pressure on him. As for McVeigh, he can try and find some form in the VFL - you can only live off one good season for so long (or maybe not, just ask McPhee but at least he finally left). The last thing we need in a poor team is another poor effort from "look at me on the catwalk" McVeigh.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Been a while since we won an "away" game on ANZAC day. If we can have some decent delivery going into the forward line and start kicking the f****** ball through the big sticks we are a small chance. Really, how hard can it be to kick a goal? These guys are meant to be professional footballers and half of them still couldn't kick a goal if they moved the goal posts 1 metre further out each side!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Bomber_Fan wrote:I definitely don't want Prismall, McVeigh or Davey back in the team. I'm sick of Prismall getting cheap possessions and playing risk free football with this short little chip passes. As for Davey, we need a crumber not a fumbler. Teams have worked him out now and make sure they apply plenty of physical pressure on him. As for McVeigh, he can try and find some form in the VFL - you can only live off one good season for so long (or maybe not, just ask McPhee but at least he finally left). The last thing we need in a poor team is another poor effort from "look at me on the catwalk" McVeigh.
WTF?

f***'n staggering comment.
Essendunny
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

INS: lets look at who puts their hand up for Bendigo tomorrow.
OUTS: depends on team balance.

I'm hoping Myers, Prismall, McVeigh find form and plenty of the footy. If thats the case perhaps welsh, slattery, lonergan can have a holiday. need more from all 3.

Collingwood won't play down to our current level like Carlton did. Essendon will have to put on a good performance to avoid getting monstered..
Last edited by little_ripper on Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

We will most likely win, particularly if the Pies win and everyone jumps back on their bandwagon and start tipping them to flog us by 10+ goals. It just the way our pathetically mentally weak team works at the moment, can only get themselves up in games where everyone has written us off to prove them wrong.

For mine Prismall and Howlett both have to come back in as they were actually helping Watson with the clearance work in the first two weeks, an area we've absolutely been smashed in the past two weeks.

Not sure about other changes a the moment.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

People I'll be there - we're home :lol:
Bombers till' I die
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I am not sure I would drop Colyer or Melksham yet. I cant remember the last time we had 2 midfielders come into the team and without much effort rack up near 20 possessions in each of their first 2 games. Yep, disposal can sometimes be a little off but they are far from being the only players guilty of this. With a few more games, as they get used to the pace of the game, i am sure their decision making will improve. But f***, I think we have really hit paydirt with these 2 lads and thats reason to get excited.

As for ANZAC day - I would think the following changes

In - Howlett, Monfries, Stanton, McVeigh
Out - Lonergan, Hocking, Houli, Welsh

The above assumes Reimers and Monfries are fit AND Knights has the balls to deal with Andrew Welsh - Lonergan , Hocking and Houli look like being borderline players at best for me. They flash in and out of games and more often than not, turn the ball over. Not giving up on them yet but we do need to make space for the ins

Team Structure

McVeigh Fletcher Slattery
Winderlich Pears Dempsey
Melksham Stanton Dyson
Zaharakis Hurley Monfries
Williams Gumbleton Reimers

Hille, Watson, Howlett

Prismall, Colyer, Ryder, Hooker
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:I am not sure I would drop Colyer or Melksham yet. I cant remember the last time we had 2 midfielders come into the team and without much effort rack up near 20 possessions in each of their first 2 games. Yep, disposal can sometimes be a little off but they are far from being the only players guilty of this. With a few more games, as they get used to the pace of the game, i am sure their decision making will improve. But f***, I think we have really hit paydirt with these 2 lads and thats reason to get excited.
I like the "look" of them too. They will be good players. But you cannot sustain a guy who has produced 39 & 35% disposal efficiency playing in the midfield. Melksham will take a little time to develop his game and physique - I just don't see the sense in playing him automatically each week and then expecting us to beat teams in the midfield. Same goes for Colyer. I love his dare and dash - it is refreshing to see someone so young with that much confidence. But he was picking out Naitanui with just about every second kick last night.

If you want to keep playing these guys week in and week out, that's fine. Just don't expect too many wins from here on in.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:I am not sure I would drop Colyer or Melksham yet. I cant remember the last time we had 2 midfielders come into the team and without much effort rack up near 20 possessions in each of their first 2 games. Yep, disposal can sometimes be a little off but they are far from being the only players guilty of this. With a few more games, as they get used to the pace of the game, i am sure their decision making will improve. But f***, I think we have really hit paydirt with these 2 lads and thats reason to get excited.
I like the "look" of them too. They will be good players. But you cannot sustain a guy who has produced 39 & 35% disposal efficiency playing in the midfield. Melksham will take a little time to develop his game and physique - I just don't see the sense in playing him automatically each week and then expecting us to beat teams in the midfield. Same goes for Colyer. I love his dare and dash - it is refreshing to see someone so young with that much confidence. But he was picking out Naitanui with just about every second kick last night.

If you want to keep playing these guys week in and week out, that's fine. Just don't expect too many wins from here on in.

Well, I guess the truth is we are unlikely to get the wins with Lonergan and Hocking either - I do agree that the young boys will need to be rested every 4 weeks but apart from that, I say let them go for it.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i can't wait for the game and as im expecting a loss im going to enjoy myself (easier said then done)

the start of the game both teams being 0-0 is going to be bliss :D
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:

I sort of agree with both of you. :!: :?:

I'd probably leave them in, at least they take the game on and have a bit of pace. And they hurt us less than Welsh last night.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

in: stanton, McVeigh, Howlett
out: Lonergan (needs more game time in the 2's), Welsh (forever), Houli (just not up to it)
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

How could you possibly drop Hocking after Friday night? He was one of the few that actually put in. Look elsewhere Windy, it aint gonna happen.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:

How could you possibly drop Hocking after Friday night? He was one of the few that actually put in. Look elsewhere Windy, it aint gonna happen.
Need to make room for the 4 "ins" basically and he was the unlucky one. Felt that his lack of pace really showed up at Subi and I believe we need to reignite the mid-field with some leg speed. His only saviour may be either Stanton or Monfries not coming up for this game
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Jazz_84 wrote:i can't wait for the game and as im expecting a loss im going to enjoy myself (easier said then done)

the start of the game both teams being 0-0 is going to be bliss :D
how can you enjoy yourself expecting a loss to the filth. are you a masochist?
I'm just thankful its anzac day, so there will be plenty of beer and 2 up to keep my spirits up.