Why we can't win a Premiership with this group of players

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Why we can't win a Premiership with this group of players

Post by robrulz5 »

little_ripper wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:There is little dash in our midfield at the moment. We have a solid base, but very little on the outside. It seems as though losing Lovett has killed us for pace (it shouldn't as it was only one player). The delivery is a worry, but so id the forward line structure. We seem to have forwards all over the place with no space for any of them to move.

I think this group of players is a decent enough list as it stands, we are missing the following:
skillful midfielders x 2 (with some pace, quicker than a Prismall for instance)
small defender x 1
small forward x 1
KF x 2

Oh, and some f****** consistency!!!!!!!!!!! One good game always followed by a bad game.
Winderlich is quick. dysons got legs too....although i would just rather team of players who move the ball fast by hand and foot with skill.
We'll be alot more versatile if we have both. We could have a plan B for once!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

yeah, they are quick, as are lonergan, reimers and a few others. I was mainly after skillful players with some toe. The ball travels faster than the man so if you can hit targets, that's 85% of the job done.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Guys we don't need to search for reasons.. I've been saying since early preseason our midlfield is junk.

Winderlich is having a bad patch because he is undersized and can't provide any grunt when we really need it. Dempsey is totally lost at the moment and the rest of our rotation are so slow...

The only bright light in our midfield is Melky and Collier in the same way as Hooker and Pears last year.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Our midfield indeed sucks.

Winderlich has stunk this year. Nothing different last night until the game was over.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.