Its ANZAC Day - Keep The Faith

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Madden
Club Captain

Its ANZAC Day - Keep The Faith

Post by Madden »

And get excited people.

Its been proven that anything can happen on this great day.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y8T2cW1V6XY&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y8T2cW1V6XY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfCLQTJZzRc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfCLQTJZzRc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nMeXcmQRBts&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nMeXcmQRBts&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FynUmIkGXZk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FynUmIkGXZk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKR6GjmXMOo&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKR6GjmXMOo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Last edited by Madden on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Re: Its ANZAC Day - Keep The Faith

Post by Sismis »

Yup time to shake off the spasticity of the last few weeks and get back to our round 1 endeavour!

Let's toast these f******!
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Have a look at my old mate Laycock in the first minute of the 2005 highlights = gun vingertje
Doctor Strangelove
Top Up Player

Post by Doctor Strangelove »

Last Anzac Day will NOT happen again without:

1. tight and committed back line (that means you Courtney Dempsey!)
2. Gumbleton rested to get form in the VFL ; Welsh, Williams, Houli, Colyer OUT
3. McVeigh, Stanton, Monfries, Tyson Slattery, Laycock or Neagle IN

If we cannot score or even take a contested mark in the forward line, changes are needed (Gumbleton and Williams). If we get smashed in the middle again with poor handball and kicking, changes are needed( Welsh,Houli). Also if we have TOO MUCH inexperience someone has to go unfortunately (Colyer). vingertje

My big query is Prismall, what is going on?
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Well having vented my spleen about what we witnessed last Friday at the time, I am now in a more positive mood about this week.

Lovely to look at blokes running around in Bomber jumpers that played a confident and competent style of footy. Its up to the players to believe in themselves again and tear the skunks a new one.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

MH_Bomber wrote:Well having vented my spleen about what we witnessed last Friday at the time, I am now in a more positive mood about this week.

Lovely to look at blokes running around in Bomber jumpers that played a confident and competent style of footy. Its up to the players to believe in themselves again and tear the skunks a new one.
Confidence and belief are the two biggest obstacles to us beating the Pies... do our young guys have the belief and will power to carve out a famous victory on Anzac Day?? Do they understand the history and pride between both clubs.. or was that lost when hirdy and Buckley retired??

It will be interesting to see who gets the chance to represent the mighty red and black in this special match... fingers crossed that Stants and Gus are right to play... Mark Williams is on the injured list (being tested for an ankle injury).
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Drop Gumbleton - are you crazy Dr Strangelove. we have waited 2 years for this guy to get out on the field and you want to drop him coz he aint Jon Brown after only 4 games!!! If he is ever going to make it as a footballer, let him get there by playing as much senior footy that we can give him. We aint winning the flag this year but we may in 2 years time. What good is it going to serve having this guy running around at Bendigo.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Thanks for this post. A lot of wonderful memories there.

Last year was so so good but hard to go past Hird's laces out goal in 2003 late in the 3rd quarter. First time I lost my shit at a live game. I think I mounted the guy sitting in front of me when that one went through.
Bombers till' I die
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Hird's goal at half-time in 2005 was awesome, not many players would have kicked that.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

robrulz5 wrote:Hird's goal at half-time in 2005 was awesome, not many players would have kicked that.
I was sitting right behind hird(well up a level, but still behind) when he kicked that. was an amazing goal.
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

Thanks for the memories.

The thing that stands out in all of those videos, and it's what I feel we are missing at the moment, is a 'group' of players with quality delivery of the ball. Hird, Misity, Caresella, Rama and co were all great users of the ball. Just a Watson having a great game, or Winder popping up with a decent round in every 5 puts so much pressure on the kids with under 30 games played

The player I'd forgotten was so silky mas Mercuri. Somehow the videos don't always quite do him justice, as live he looked like he was moving at half pace compared to the rest of the game and he had great composure under pressure.

What I'd give to also have a Dean Rioli type in the side as a HFF in todays team.

And dare I say it, all past descressions and trades aside, Andy Lovett straightened up our game when he was on song.

I'll keep the faith and cheer hard from siren to siren......... but I find it hard not to be super worried that it will be a blow out early and we'll be chasing tail for 3/4 of the game.
First name: Mr
Second name: period
Last name: T
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

The 2000 video only succeeded in making me sad!!!! I miss those days, BADLY!!!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

robrulz5 wrote:Hird's goal at half-time in 2005 was awesome, not many players would have kicked that.
That was an awesome moment. When he got given the ball back you just knew he was going to slot that. A hail of boos and cheers combined.
Bombers till' I die
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

The Man from Bomberland wrote:
That was an awesome moment. When he got given the ball back you just knew he was going to slot that. A hail of boos and cheers combined.
I hwas sitting right behind the kick on L1. It was absolutely magic.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The Man from Bomberland wrote:
It was very rare to have a player where we just knew he was going to kick goals like that.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

I always cringe whenever I see that Jetta fumble footage...
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

It gave rise to the Finish we had,DC. :wink:

SMASH 'EM BOMBERS!

Make that LYING BASTARD even more MADDER than he is. :lol:
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Gimps wrote:Have a look at my old mate Laycock in the first minute of the 2005 highlights = gun vingertje
Indeed.

If he plays like that when he next gets a chance, it's all good. But when/where does he get a go?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.