kyle Reimers

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Re: kyle Reimers

Post by s'dreams »

Apparently from two sources - my butcher (who has connections) and a fishing mate (who is the father of a recent ex list player) Reimers was dropped for poor second efforts and lack of defensive pressure. Seems the club has identified him and Zacha as potential A graders and the coach wants them to learn quickly. If so - good to see high expectations put in place and being enforced.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Hmm.....OK. Now I was thinking to myself (after watching a replay of the Geelong game), where Reimers did exceptionally well to run down Steve Johnson in the goal square (and should have been rewarded a free kick), but the ball spilled out and (I can't f***'n remember who) picked up the ball and kicked a goal. Reimers looked to the umpire after he laid that ripper tackle expecting a free kick, instead of looking to where the ball went and following up with a further tackle (which he could have laid).

If that's what he was dropped for, then he is f***'n stiff. Of course, there may have been other instances where he displayed "poor second efforts" but none that were noticeable IMO....
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote:Hmm.....OK. Now I was thinking to myself (after watching a replay of the Geelong game), where Reimers did exceptionally well to run down Steve Johnson in the goal square (and should have been rewarded a free kick), but the ball spilled out and (I can't f***'n remember who) picked up the ball and kicked a goal. Reimers looked to the umpire after he laid that ripper tackle expecting a free kick, instead of looking to where the ball went and following up with a further tackle (which he could have laid).

If that's what he was dropped for, then he is f***'n stiff. Of course, there may have been other instances where he displayed "poor second efforts" but none that were noticeable IMO....
My advice is that there were multiple "sins" ... yes tough compared to his output - but the coaching staff apparently (I am advised) are taking a strict aproach to develop him intp an elite player.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Picking fights every time we're down by more than about 2 goals is not good either.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

From BB:

According to Robert Balls on Sports Today, Reimers sent him a package after the Carlton game containing a bright yellow boot and a note saying, "Enjoy the rest of the season, Wallsy"

Absolute legend if true.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Yes its true, saw the bearded clam tonight on TV with the golden boot on the desk.

Darcy was pissing himself saying he loves Reimers personality & style
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

danstar84 wrote:From BB:

According to Robert Balls on Sports Today, Reimers sent him a package after the Carlton game containing a bright yellow boot and a note saying, "Enjoy the rest of the season, Wallsy"

Absolute legend if true.
AWESOME! vingertje
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Bloody GOLD. Couldn't have done it to a bigger tool. Reimers should get a medal for that.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:Bloody GOLD. Couldn't have done it to a bigger tool. Reimers should get a medal for that.

lets just hope Walls doesnt send Reimers a Wooden Spoon in return
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Gimps wrote:Bloody GOLD. Couldn't have done it to a bigger tool. Reimers should get a medal for that.

He should be able to borrow a couple off Carlton from recent years. If we finish on the bottom, I'll do a lap of Windy Hill naked.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

If we finish on the bottom, I'll do a lap of Windy Hill naked.
You may want to rethink how you say think Gimps
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Gimps wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
If we finish on the bottom, I'll do a lap of Windy Hill naked.
You may want to rethink how you say think Gimps
Ha ha.. At least I didn't say a 'lap for Windy Hill naked'.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

danstar84 wrote:Image
Looks like serial killers' handwriting to me...

:-s
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Well then it's a good thing he's on our side!
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

What an absolute pisser!!!!

It is hard not to warm to Boots. As long as he can match it with on field exploits, he will be a great asset.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark