Changes for next week

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Changes for next week

Post by s'dreams »

Outs: H. Slattery, Winderlich, Ryder, Melksham and to send a message Welsh
Ins: Houli. Neagle, Bellchambers, Mangaereri (or Howlett), T Slattery, Davey (yes I know its 6 replacements for 5 outs - but gawd - our 22 could easily be smashed by 16 players from most ther clubs)

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Changes for next week

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

OUT- Welsh, McVeigh, Winderlich, Hille, Melksham
IN- Williams, Laycock, Davey, T.Slattery, Houli
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Out: Knights
In: anyone else on the planet.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

I'm tired of these threads - we post the same names every week.

Unless they commit multiple acts of murder and then sodomise the corpses in front of their local kindergarten - Welsh and Slattery will never be dropped. UNFORTUNATELY!!!!!!!!!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I dont think Matthews would take the job - too much damage done to this squad's mentality
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Filthy wrote:
Winderlich for Pris (he maybe soft (?) but at least he gets the pill. Haven't got a clue what Licha is up too but it ain't TOUGH footy.
No fuckn' way. Maybe soft? You're damn right he is. Not only that but I'm sick of his little chip kicks to a player 15 metres away to our disadvantage. I know Doolan might disagree but I disagree with him about Zaharakis been just an average footballer. But even I'm starting to lean to his point of view on Zaharakis although Knights insists on playing him as a forward flanker. We drafted him as a midfielder goddamit - if first year players like Colyer and Melksham can play in the centre, then why can't Zaharakis?

Apologies for the digression but there's a reason Prismall has been dropped from our seniors - he applies absolutely no defensive pressure (haven't seen any offensive pressure either). This guys a dud pure and simple - Geelong wouldn't have let him go if they wanted to keep him, they would have found room in their salary cap. I was sceptical when he was drafted but was willing to give him a chance. But I was right to be sceptical, another waste of a draft pick as far as I can tell. The guy can't even perform at fuckn' Bendigo - so let's reward him for a mediocre performance by bringing him in. No way!

I agree about getting rid of Winderlich not only from the seniors but our team. Him and Dyson are in the same boat - we have been starved of success for so long that any sign of improvement is seen as huge success. I think we should try and trade both these players next year and maybe get a decent draft pick for him as I do think either might provide value at a better team. Hung on to dead wood long enough - time for some tough decisions next year. The time for players teasing us is over. If you ain't going to deliver on your promise, then there's no room at Essendon.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Welsh, Winderlich and Slattery out for Prismall, Howlett and Slattery would be my changes.

I'd probably also swap Hille and Ryder for Laycock and Bellchambers, given Hille and Ryder's "output".
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

tonysoprano wrote:Out: Knights
In: anyone else on the planet.
Are you reading my mind, TS?!?!
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

OUT: Seniors

IN: Bendigo Bombers
Essendunny
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

OUTS: From Slattery , NLM , Hooker ,Melksham , McVeigh , Dyson (not hard enough today).

INS: Anyone who has PASSION & can KICK THE F.......G BALL & not turn it over!!!!! But i would look at Williams (if fit), Laycock ,Howlett , Davey , Prismall , Neagle,or maybe another first gamer.We have nothing to lose now. Basically only play guys now that have PRIDE & PASSION for the club. Not the embarassing tripe served up today in front of millions.

Another "in" could be heart surgeon to do some transplants.

PS Dempsey has to play wing or half forward, he is more damaging on the forward line.

PPS Are Adidas sponsers of the club? Why don't they provide some boots for the players so they can KICK THE BALL ? I think most othe guys play in runners !!!!! judging the amount of time they fall over & handball.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Pears is out for 6-8 weeks now...... Hurley will play back so one or both of Neagle and Laycock need to come into the side.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Ronny Rotten wrote:PS Dempsey has to play wing or half forward, he is more damaging on the forward line.
True that.

I'd like him on the wing to run fast through the middle, but he had a good (albeit brief) burst up forward after half-time, could be the answer to our crumbing needs.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Bomber_Fan wrote:
Filthy wrote:
Winderlich for Pris (he maybe soft (?) but at least he gets the pill. Haven't got a clue what Licha is up too but it ain't TOUGH footy.
No fuckn' way. Maybe soft? You're damn right he is. Not only that but I'm sick of his little chip kicks to a player 15 metres away to our disadvantage. I know Doolan might disagree but I disagree with him about Zaharakis been just an average footballer. But even I'm starting to lean to his point of view on Zaharakis although Knights insists on playing him as a forward flanker. We drafted him as a midfielder goddamit - if first year players like Colyer and Melksham can play in the centre, then why can't Zaharakis?

Apologies for the digression but there's a reason Prismall has been dropped from our seniors - he applies absolutely no defensive pressure (haven't seen any offensive pressure either). This guys a dud pure and simple - Geelong wouldn't have let him go if they wanted to keep him, they would have found room in their salary cap. I was sceptical when he was drafted but was willing to give him a chance. But I was right to be sceptical, another waste of a draft pick as far as I can tell. The guy can't even perform at fuckn' Bendigo - so let's reward him for a mediocre performance by bringing him in. No way!

I agree about getting rid of Winderlich not only from the seniors but our team. Him and Dyson are in the same boat - we have been starved of success for so long that any sign of improvement is seen as huge success. I think we should try and trade both these players next year and maybe get a decent draft pick for him as I do think either might provide value at a better team. Hung on to dead wood long enough - time for some tough decisions next year. The time for players teasing us is over. If you ain't going to deliver on your promise, then there's no room at Essendon.
Oh f*** me. Prismall came back from a reco last year and was one of our best in the middle. You were probably like everyone else last year, saying that we got a good player for sweet FA... The bloke is out of form, give him a f****** chance to regain some form.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Ronny Rotten wrote:OUTS: From Slattery , NLM , Hooker ,Melksham , McVeigh , Dyson (not hard enough today).

INS: Anyone who has PASSION & can KICK THE F.......G BALL & not turn it over!!!!! But i would look at Williams (if fit), Laycock ,Howlett , Davey , Prismall , Neagle,or maybe another first gamer.We have nothing to lose now. Basically only play guys now that have PRIDE & PASSION for the club. Not the embarassing tripe served up today in front of millions.

Another "in" could be heart surgeon to do some transplants.

PS Dempsey has to play wing or half forward, he is more damaging on the forward line.

PPS Are Adidas sponsers of the club? Why don't they provide some boots for the players so they can KICK THE BALL ? I think most othe guys play in runners !!!!! judging the amount of time they fall over & handball.
NLM, are you f****** serious? You must be off your nut. He was one of the few that actually had a crack. My neighbour is a Pies fan, and he even said that NLM was one of the best on ground.

And as for bringing in players that will kick the f****** ball.. None of them will cos it's against the game plan..
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

If Laycock doesn't get a game this week, he might as well pack his bags. Time to leave someone near the f****** goalsquare. Time to go back to basics and kick the f****** pill long and direct.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

OUT: T.Pears (inj), A.Welsh, J.Winderlich, N. Lovett- Murray, J.Melksham

IN: M.Williams, B.Houli, B.Prismall, D.Daniher, S.Lonergan
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

OUT- Welsh, McVeigh, Winderlich.

IN - Buhagiar, Mercuri, Misiti.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Whoever is suggesting NLM should be dropped needs their head read.

We need more players like him in the 22.

For mine. Hurley to the back six to replace Pears is fairly obvious.

Laycock in, Davey in. Knights has to try something new up forward. I'm with Gimps on this...Laycock.

We are getting smashed in the clearances. IMO Lonergan needs to be given a sustained run as back up to Watson....I know he has been average so far, but its time to give another bloke a seasoned run at it to find some form.

maybe - prismall in for licha. not sure whats wrong with licha, but i think he needs to get his hands on the footy a lot at bendigo. we desperately need him back to his best.

lonergan in for welsh or mcveigh.

I would also consider giving Long a run. I know he is a kid, but from all reports he is a kid with talent.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

little_ripper wrote:Whoever is suggesting NLM should be dropped needs their head read.

We need more players like him in the 22.

Your Village just called...........................please come home, they miss you.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

BenDoolan wrote:OUT: Seniors

IN: Bendigo Bombers
Only laugh I have had this weekend. :D :D
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark