Knghta has to go

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bpdons
High Draft Pick

Knghta has to go

Post by bpdons »

I don't know how long they'll bother with him, in 4 more weeks when we're 1 and 9 and lose to Richmond. That may be it.
It's time to start all over again. Get someone in with a 5 year plan that works.

Absolutely embarrassing to be a supporter of this club at the moment
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Knghta has to go

Post by swoodley »

bpdons wrote:I don't know how long they'll bother with him, in 4 more weeks when we're 1 and 9 and lose to Richmond. That may be it.
It's time to start all over again. Get someone in with a 5 year plan that works.

Absolutely embarrassing to be a supporter of this club at the moment
Terry Wallace :roll:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

He's like NLM, every now and then we will spring an upset, and he will be the 2nd coming again. Useless Richmond trash.
vern
On the Rookie List

Post by vern »

I blame the players as much as the coach but something has to change at the club and fast. If that means Knights loses his job well so be it.

I can't believe/understand how far backwards we have gone in one pre-season(surely Mc Phee and Lovett didn't mean that much to us). I didn't expect things to improve this year in terms of ladder position but I thought if we got to 8th that would be a good year.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Its not the coach... its the personnel.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

nomolos wrote:Its not the coach... its the personnel.

That's his fault too.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

Its this BS handball at all cost game plan. Its trash.

You can see the players are instrcuted to do it. IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!

We always look our most dangerous when we kick the damn thing quickly instaed of running around like headless chickens!

GO BACK TO RICHMOND YOU BUM.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

I am slowly turning against Knights...
This is your Final warning
Take Pride in this Club or Get lost...
I have been standing up for him for ages but something Must be done after today.
Had enough !!!
Very Very angry :evil: :evil: :evil:
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

stryper wrote:I am slowly turning against Knights...
This is your Final warning
Take Pride in this Club or Get lost...
I have been standing up for him for ages but something Must be done after today.
Had enough !!!
Very Very angry :evil: :evil: :evil:
"slowly turning against him" - you must be one of the few.

Everyone on here has absolutely every right (in fact, I'd argue an obligation) to turn against this Richmond turd - and dispose of him as rapidly as possible. He is a f****** joke. And has turned this club into a f****** joke.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Our poor form is not a 2010 thing.

If it were not for Carlton going into a foetal position every time they play us, we would be 0-5 for the year so far. But lets also take a look back

NAB vs West Coast. Loss
1st Elim Final 2009 - a total mauling - Loss

Last 7 rounds of 2009 - 2 wins 1 Draw and 4 Losses

Thats 14 games -3 wins 1 draw and 10 Losses!!

Looking forward - I can see us only winning one more game (vs Richmond)

we will be 1-14 for 2010

but since Round 15 last year

3 wins - 1 Draw - 20 Losses

Its just not good enough to state the bleeding obvious
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

That is out-and-out F****** bullshit.. Knights is trying to train these blokes to play an un-natural brand of footy. Our first 5 goals came from kicking the ball long towards the forward line. The peanut in the box is telling them to use the handball to set up the play. Everyone can see that the players are scared to throw the ball on the boot. Yet, when we do that, we seem to look better. Again, the peanut, is responsible for us having 10 players within 10 metres of the ball most of the time cos they are all looking for a handball.

He's gotta go.. Nuff said.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Agreed BUT the coach has had three years there now. So the fact that the personnel aren't good enough, is something that he has to take responsibility for. Unfortunately I think we peaked last year - begin our downward spiral now.Time to restart the rebuilding process from the head down. I'm so upset that Knights was given 2 years contract extension by the club without at least seeing how he performs this year - similar to Houllier been given 5 years by Liverpool. Both shocking decisions. I'm sick of hype at the start of the season about how great a preseason we have had - similar to the Mark Bolton runs around the tan. I'm never ever going to get sucked in again - boy who cried wolf one too many times.
Too many players just aren't prepared to do any hard running into space. To get the ball into space, you have to be prepared to run into space like the Collingwood players do. At the same time, you have to run with opposition players to prevent them from becoming an option and thus put the ball carrier at least under a little pressure. You only need one or two players to be lazy and the ball carrier has a couple of easy options to hit. If you just stand still like our players enjoy and call for the ball 2 metres away from a player under pressure - you in turn will be under pressure. Our players also fail to protect the ball carrier with any sort of shepherding - they like to stand still and give an easy road for opposition players to run down our players. I'm just sick of this shit - how hard is it to get the basics right.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

What about how absolutely slow we looked !!!!! Is that for real or was it a result of being flogged on the track. I am sure a couple of times I saw Bombers players make the motions of running but actually ran on the spot , didnt get anywhere, got tackled and then free kicked.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

Holy crap the amount of times i was yelling at the tv: KICK. THE. f******. BALL!!!
how hard is it? Even the crowd were getting stuck into them when they finally ficked the f****** thing!
You can see that they want to, but then they think' oh yeah, coach wants me to handball it..' and guess what , f****** turn over.

how many times did this happen: handball - handball - handball -oh shit handball - f*** f***! handball - turnover.
rinse repeat, and that will be next weeks game.
f*** this shit.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

MH_Bomber wrote:What about how absolutely slow we looked !!!!! Is that for real or was it a result of being flogged on the track. I am sure a couple of times I saw Bombers players make the motions of running but actually ran on the spot , didnt get anywhere, got tackled and then free kicked.
Don't confuse running with jogging - the latter is what our players do. How many times have you seen any of our players completely out of breath because of gut running?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i've jumped on this bandwagon 100%

the players are forced to play this crap handball brand of footy and it's destroying us! we arn't fast anymore, and Knights is sooooooo stuborn he wont amend the game plan to help out the players.

Defence should always come first, everyone loved his bullshit about an attacking plan but look where it's gotten us? at the moment Sydney a few years ago looks pretty damn good

he's just not the whole package, he looks bored up in the box, he's got 1 move and that's swap Hooker and Hurley, and from what i saw today Hurley hasn't done any defence work since last year

id kill for Matthews or Hird right now, even Lloyd as he would have the passion about this team
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I was prepared to support Knights but after today I've had enough. Our game plan is pathetic, give the forwards a bloody chance.

Thank f*** for Dustin Fletcher or the margin could have been much much bigger...
bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons »

I really do like Knighta and emotionally don't want him to go, but for the benefit of everyone involved I think it's in the best interests to cut our losses and go after Matthews or Mark Williams from Port.

50% of our personal has the chance to build a brilliant core group. It has to start from the backline and looking back, I believe Hardwick would have this backline spot on by now. With three years of guidance from Fletcher, we really needed him to teach our tall backs how it's done.

We are screaming out for a Gibbs, or Trengrove. An ace in the middle to help Jobe & Stanton.
You could also look back at last year when we were bottom 4 on the run to the finals. We decided play good enough footy to make the 8, only to get polaxed in Adelaide. Had we have plodded along through the 2nd half of last year, could we have recruited that ace midfielder?

McVeigh is in strike, i love the guy to death, but he's lost out there at the moment.
I don't have the answer to success, but at this moment in time, i'm willing to start over again, and have a tilt in 5 years time with that core group being 25 years old ready to dominate with the kids.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

The problem at the moment is there doesnt seem to be enough of even a sniff of shining light. The players look bewildered, stressed and are fast becoming a total rabble.

Hawthorn will kill us next week and that even without any ruckman.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

So who do you replace him with?

Who is out there?

Has anyone put their hand up for the JOB? :(
It just fell out of the sky