Anyone know who Channel 7 have got???

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rusty1978
Top Up Player

Anyone know who Channel 7 have got???

Post by Rusty1978 »

Just wondering whether anyone knew who is going to be commentating on 7? Are we going to have the return of the mighty "Bruce"? Whoever it is will be better than 10!!!!
bowzer
Top Up Player

Post by bowzer »

i heard somewere in the news awhile back that Bryan Taylor was lured to Channel 7 for commentary of the AFL. Dont know if he's AS good without his counter part JB, those two are hilarious.
nick_93
Top Up Player

Post by nick_93 »

There was a article about it some time back in the Gudie in the Herald Sun and it said they could possibly have Dennis Cometti. They also said that Dipper was boundary rider and Tim Watson, James Hird and Nathan Buckley were special comments and Bruce and Sandy were the main hosts. Im not sure about any more but I can keep you informed.
James Hird & Angus Monfries rule! Go Bombers!!!

dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

surely this is an opportunity to rid the television calling of the scourge that is Brian Taylor. Useless.
Rusty1978
Top Up Player

Post by Rusty1978 »

as hoping we could actually rid the TV of channel 10 all together!! But the new rights f***** that up. They have to be the worst mob of so called commentators i have ever heard. Apart from Quartermain, the rest are shit. Especially our good old mate "Wallsy"!!!!!! :D
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

You think Quarterbrain isn't shit as well Rusty? I find myself choking the TV everytime his smug, Hymie from 'Get Smart' melon comes on. The guy is an A-Grade twat. Must be just me...

I agree with you about Wallsy however. Utter rubbish.

I hope Garry Lyon and that other boofhead Dermie remain out of the loop. I'll actually watch the footy replay with the sound turned on for a change... vingertje
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

dingus wrote:surely this is an opportunity to rid the television calling of the scourge that is Brian Taylor. Useless.
Here, here.
Doctor Fish wrote:You think Quarterbrain isn't shit as well Rusty? I find myself choking the TV everytime his smug, Hymie from 'Get Smart' melon comes on. The guy is an A-Grade twat. Must be just me...

I agree with you about Wallsy however. Utter rubbish.

I hope Garry Lyon and that other boofhead Dermie remain out of the loop. I'll actually watch the footy replay with the sound turned on for a change... vingertke
And again. Quarterbrain is one of the worst commentators going. I can't stand him. What's worse is that Channel 10 put him together with that other idiot Walls. Match made in heaven that one. Just as long as we don't have to hear what they have to say.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Doctor Fish wrote:I hope Garry Lyon and that other boofhead Dermie remain out of the loop. I'll actually watch the footy replay with the sound turned on for a change... vingertje
Lyon is staying at 9 I beleive, to host the Footy Show. Don't know about Dickwit.

I agree that Walls is a knob, but I reckon Blight is not too far behind.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

dingus wrote:surely this is an opportunity to rid the television calling of the scourge that is Brian Taylor. Useless.
Lets hope so.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

sorry to throw water on your parade...But BT is apparently on 7's "Hit list" to recruit
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Channel 7 team

Post by rockhole »

Happy for Bruce to be back, but Sandy?? I just cannot listen to him. Reminds me of a ring announcer when he puts on his phoney voice.

And if I hear once more, "Scotty Lucas, the boy from Camperdown" Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!

Any one else rate Sandy one way ot\r the other????
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Sandy is great.
Bombers till' I die
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Channel 7 team

Post by BenDoolan »

ROCKHOLE wrote:Happy for Bruce to be back, but Sandy?? I just cannot listen to him. Reminds me of a ring announcer when he puts on his phoney voice.

And if I hear once more, "Scotty Lucas, the boy from Camperdown" Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!

Any one else rate Sandy one way ot\r the other????
I rate Sandy Roberts and Drew Morphett as the most painful commentators I have ever listened to.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Ian Robertson is king of the inane comment, and Christi Malthouse is the queen. I hope Robertson has no intention of returning.

Apart from that, i don't hold too many grudges. Except for maybe Quartermain as well.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Lyon
Dermie
Bruce
Sandy
Walls

If any of these blokes are commentating on 7 I will not watch it at all, unless Essendon is playing.

Quartermain I can sort of stomach but Michael Christian and Andrew maher are just absolute ********.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Rusty1978
Top Up Player

Post by Rusty1978 »

Yeah, maybe you are right Fish. It could be that he was just the best one out of a very bad bunch!!! :?
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

I for one am waiting with anticipation for Bruce to call a game. I cant wait for the "wasn't it specccccccccccccial?" line to be uttered and almost pleading for someone to back him up.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

I'll f*ckin' do it.
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

Rossoneri wrote:Lyon
Dermie
Bruce
Sandy
Walls

Youv'e just listed the 5 best commentators in the game there IMO, with the exclusion of dennis. How can you not like Bruce, just have a listen to this to wet the taste buds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIT_iklVPD8
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:Lyon
Dermie
Bruce
Sandy
Walls

If any of these blokes are commentating on 7 I will not watch it at all, unless Essendon is playing.

Quartermain I can sort of stomach but Michael Christian and Andrew maher are just absolute ********.
Couldn't agree more! Andrew Maher has to be the biggest knob involved in the game. He should automatically win tool of the week on channel 10.