Welsh and McVeigh

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Welsh and McVeigh

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Seen enough.

These guys are done. I don't mean 'done' as in hide them in a back pocket and they'll be ok, or match them to the opponent's worst player. These guys aren't AFL level players anymore.

McVeigh's contract expires at the end of this year, Welsh's at the end of 2011. With the exception of Welsh's first game last year versus Carlton, neither have done anything in the last 18 months to suggest you'd re-sign them.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: Welsh and McVeigh

Post by Rossoneri »

Agree, gone!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to pick someone up from another club, a big coup, because we have nothing left in the midfield.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Filthy wrote:Slattery the Other must come in next week. Has size, form....in a winning side....and is a top 10 draft pick if people haven't forgotten.
Really?
Im sure we picked him up around pick 36 or so.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I thought having these two was going to be usefull even if they dropped off a bit in form, due to them neing able to provide leadership and protection to the youngins. However, their form has fallen away so badly, and they dont provide any leadership (in fact they are ******* appaling when it comes to discipline) that I think we should f*** them off now. Send them to Bendigo, and if they dont like it, and dont behave at the club, sack them mid-season, and pay out the contracts.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

The thing that gives me the Jimmy Smits with Spike is how lazy he's become. Doesn't chase at all now. Just drops his head and sulks like he's been hard done by or something.... Back pocket or back to Bendigo for sure...
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

They are both terribly out of form and quite frankly don't look interested.

Disappointing after all the hoo ha over Welsh possible moving to Collingwood during the trade period - we were probably better off trying to trade him.

I agree, if their form doesn't get better and soon, a few tough decisions could be looming.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

bombercol wrote:They are both terribly out of form and quite frankly don't look interested.

Disappointing after all the hoo ha over Welsh possible moving to Collingwood during the trade period - we were probably better off trying to trade him.

I agree, if their form doesn't get better and soon, a few tough decisions could be looming.

we are a quarter of the way into the season and have one win to show for it. tough decisions must start now.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

bombercol wrote: I agree, if their form doesn't get better and soon, a few tough decisions could be looming.
Unlikely, Knights has favourites who wont be dropped. Slattery, McVeigh, Welsh, Winderlich to name 4.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Welsh and McVeigh are both very good at gelling their hair and looking cute on The Footy Show.

So why on earth would you get rid of them?

(insert sarcasm emoticon - has anyone found it yet?) :!:
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Agree completely Jim.

Barring a complete turn-around in form they are both shot.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Rossoneri wrote:
bombercol wrote: I agree, if their form doesn't get better and soon, a few tough decisions could be looming.
Unlikely, Knights has favourites who wont be dropped. Slattery, McVeigh, Welsh, Winderlich to name 4.
You could be right. Licha also looks like he needs to go back to the VFL to have a few games finding the ball.

It must be then Prismall and Houli especially that Knights musn't have on the favourites list.

Prismall I don't think did much wrong before being dropped. Houli made a few clangers but he tackled,chased and looked like he wanted put his body on the line for his jumper. Houli did a lot more right than wrong too.

Slattery i think has an honest dip, but the others in the quartet didn't give a stuff yesterday.
Last edited by bombercol on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

These two are supposed to be our experienced on field leaders.... what a joke...

Tyson Slattery wasnt a top 10 pick... he was our final pick in the draft a few years back...pick 60 somthing i thought.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

McVeigh can stay as a permamnent back pocket

Welsh is just not good enough in any position (never really thought he was much chop even during the "good times") - dropped
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

McVeigh had a few good years but has dropped off considerably now. Welsh still can't kick the ball more than 30 metres which was has always been a problem of his, now he doesn't even get the ball.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

robrulz5 wrote:McVeigh had a few good years but has dropped off considerably now. Welsh still can't kick the ball more than 30 metres which was has always been a problem of his, now he doesn't even get the ball.
That hamstring injury in 2007 killed him... he was in career best form before that.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Seen enough.

These guys are done. I don't mean 'done' as in hide them in a back pocket and they'll be ok, or match them to the opponent's worst player. These guys aren't AFL level players anymore.

McVeigh's contract expires at the end of this year, Welsh's at the end of 2011. With the exception of Welsh's first game last year versus Carlton, neither have done anything in the last 18 months to suggest you'd re-sign them.
Agree.

But let's not pick Prismall, who can get the ball and use it well AND not give away stupid free kicks.

How long till McVeigh belts someone and gets suspended? It's Hawthorn this week...
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Rossoneri wrote:
Mc Veigh, certainly appears to give one a clear idea of his emotional state, which on Sunday was, "I don't want to be here" - at last to me, so if he's a Knights favourite, the complement isn't being returned, is it ??.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.