Dermie's a turd

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Dermie's a turd

Post by DC2 »

Got that picture of him burning the EFC flag in the Herald Sun.

Damn that guy is a clown. Cant stand Hawthorn, they are my most loathed team even more so than the filth and the scum. If we only beat one more team this year let it be them. Please turn up this week bombers and NLM please SMASH that little turd Campbell Brown again.

I think we play Neagle and the Cock this week and play rotate all 3 through the forward line and ruck. With Ryder also capable of playing pretty much anywhere we choose - back, mid or up front.

hope we smash those chicken hawk vultures into next season.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Dermie's a turd

Post by Windy_Hill »

in any other time I would suggest sticking a copy of that pic on every Don's player's locker.

Unfortunately with our squib playing list they probably wont get it!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:in any other time I would suggest sticking a copy of that pic on every Don's player's locker.

Unfortunately with our squib playing list they probably wont get it!!
Agree with this.

However, the very same lame and limp mob that has taken the field in 2010 seemed to react positively to the "rival" rounds last year. But I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever in the shallow and feeble minded imposters that run through the banner each week.

To say they have totally eroded my faith in everything EFC is an understatement. Sunday was a day spent sitting high up in the stands with my hand perched under my chin and constantly shaking my head from side to side at the shambolic display that unfolded infront of me. I didn't yell, I didn't curse. I didn't want to waste my energy. I had a great view of our blokes hiding from the footy. Yes, hiding from the footy and contests. How could it be that Collingwood had virtually 3 players to one at every contest around the ground? Where were our guys? Just refused to go near it.

Handballing to stationary targets out of defence - and with the receiver with their backs to our goal. WTF is that? That's OK if someone is running past streaming in the direction of our goal, but it rarely happened if at all. Naturally, after the 16th handball in the chain, it broke. So they persisted. With the same shit. All day. No intensity, no cohesion, no belief, no passion, no heart, no idea. As bad a display of all those things you'll ever want to see.

I could live with a lack of skill display - that could be fixed and improved over time. I could live with a lack of physical pressure - that could be fixed and improved over time. But the problem that they are not switched on, turned on, tuned in, aroused, whatever you want to call it - is a massive concern in my book. If you cannot be self motivated or take pride in your own performance whenever you take the field, then you have real issues of becoming a top level footballer. Attitude is everything in this game. And the majority of our list has an extremely poor one. Weak as.

Now that can't be fixed that easily. The quickest way to fix it is to piss those guys off and inject blokes with attitudes that require a killer instinct. They have to go out here thinking they are in the jungle with other predators and the footy is their food source to survive. If they allow the other animals to get, they die.

We're dead.
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Oh, and about Dermie......wouldn't expect any different from him. Totally appropriate and something I would expect from a passionate former player and clubman. It's a pity we don't have anyone resembling this in black & red.
Essendunny
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

BenDoolan wrote:Oh, and about Dermie......wouldn't expect any different from him. Totally appropriate and something I would expect from a passionate former player and clubman. It's a pity we don't have anyone resembling this in black & red.

Agree Ben, that's the Dermott Brereton we all love (or love to hate). Hawthorn are big rivals hopefully our boys will turn up to play and fly our flag like Dermie is doing for them.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

The problem is simple. Knights' game plan worked when we had Lovett, Jetta, Davey, Atkinson, etc in the team. When we have Welsh, McVeigh, Watson, Stanton, Hocking and Slattery running around in the midfield we have to try something different.

I'm not sure what that something different is though.. you can beat teams with pace or precision. That bunch of plodders has neither.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

andrewb wrote:The problem is simple. Knights' game plan worked when we had Lovett, Jetta, Davey, Atkinson, etc in the team. When we have Welsh, McVeigh, Watson, Stanton, Hocking and Slattery running around in the midfield we have to try something different.

I'm not sure what that something different is though.. you can beat teams with pace or precision. That bunch of plodders has neither.
Yep, Lovett was the best ball carier in the business. Plus we had Winderlich in form, and Dempsey was streaming through the middle from the half back line. This year we don't have Lovett, Winder is out of touch and Dempsey is being played all over the ground.

Result is the game plan doesn't work, or even come close to working anymore. However Knights should have realised this before the season commenced. He's a peanut if he thinks he can implement last year's game plan with this year's cattle.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

Love or Hate him he is still a complete and utter wanker!!!!!!

There has been many a time that our Bombers have raised the Whorethorn home to the ground. =D>
It just fell out of the sky
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

It's hard to take the broke-dick-IRA-funding-Botox-injecting-self-proclaiming-boofhead seriously isn't it. Dawkthorn fans seem to like him though... Good for them.

:wink:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Doctor Fish wrote:It's hard to take the broke-dick-IRA-funding-Botox-injecting-self-proclaiming-boofhead seriously isn't it. Dawkthorn fans seem to like him though... Good for them.

They were brought up on a cavalcade of dickheads at Hawthorn - thats why they welcomed Clarkson into the fold so readily and warmly
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

Ahh clarkson...there is another total tool.

This guy has excuses for days does clarkson. He has the cattle to win....so they have some injuries...they still have class players.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Don't mind Dermie - good reader of the game (despite being a self-focussed wanker) and is just as likely to have made these comments to try to get a rise out of our team to get a contest.

Just don't want another line in the sand game (with our players geeting the reports).

But just in case - get Billy Duckworth to give the pre-game address to the players. Payback for that kiss!

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I take Dermie a lot easier to take than Clarkson

At least Dermie could play a half decent game of footy and achieved a few things...
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Doctor Fish wrote:It's hard to take the broke-dick-IRA-funding-Botox-injecting-self-proclaiming-boofhead seriously isn't it. Dawkthorn fans seem to like him though... Good for them.

He ain't good enough for the IRA...

Hard to argue with him on our game plan though but for the picture of him burning our jumper he can go to hell with the rest of the snipers at his club. :)
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

BenDoolan wrote:Oh, and about Dermie......wouldn't expect any different from him. Totally appropriate and something I would expect from a passionate former player and clubman. It's a pity we don't have anyone resembling this in black & red.
Too true. I like Dermie. Would have loved him at Essendon.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

DC2 wrote:Got that picture of him burning the EFC flag in the Herald Sun.

It's actually a Jumper.... and an old photo from a couple of years ago when they interviewed him about the Ess / Haw rivalry.

If you look closely you can see a bit of the 3 mobile logo...

Nothing new here....move along
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robbie67 wrote:
Too true. I like Dermie. Would have loved him at Essendon.

Nup, never needed him. We had Vander, TD, Roger to play across the HF line and they did a splendid job.

Only time he really hurt us was the 1989 Second Semi at Waverly when he single handedly ripped us a new one. His efforts in the 85 GF, as gallant as they were, were all for nothing. Great player though.