ins and outs

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: ins and outs

Post by Gimps »

I know the media reads threads on this site, and BomberBlitz.. Bout time we got Matty Knights on board so we can teach him a thing or two...

NO LAYCOCK! You've got to be F****** kidding me! Neagle could've been a consolation prize. No, we bring in a mosquito fleet.

I took a photo of the Essendon Selection Committee at work this afternoon...

Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Who the f#$k is responsible for team selections? Is Knights trying to get sacked? I don't think a single Bomber's supporter actually agrees with these changes. I'm so over this season. :evil: Looking forward to watching more fumbling from Davey - don't think I've seen him actually one grab the ball for the last few years. Obviously Prismall's scintillating form at Bendigo has seen him come into the side. Only question remains is will this game keep my interest for longer than a few minutes unlike the Anzac Day clash. Frankllin and Roughhead to lead the Coleman after this week's game - we're going to get pantsed!
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

I am going to try and put some logic into these selections...

The only thing that makes sense for me is: this is a last chance game for a number of players. Let the new kids 'rest' a week in Bendigo. If we get belted this weekend our season is effectively over. At that time there is no point desperately clinging to the out of form 'seniors' in the list, and the kids, who have shown form, actually get regular senior game time.
If per chance we win, then some may get a repreive. IMO we wont win.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Brumaz wrote:I am going to try and put some logic into these selections...

The only thing that makes sense for me is: this is a last chance game for a number of players. Let the new kids 'rest' a week in Bendigo. If we get belted this weekend our season is effectively over. At that time there is no point desperately clinging to the out of form 'seniors' in the list, and the kids, who have shown form, actually get regular senior game time.
I thought much the same - Last Chance Stakes for the likes of Welsh, Winderlich, Slattery and McVeigh

Even so - not to include either Laycock or Neagle is very strange.
vern
On the Rookie List

Post by vern »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Brumaz wrote:I am going to try and put some logic into these selections...

I thought much the same - Last Chance Stakes for the likes of Welsh, Winderlich, Slattery and McVeigh

Even so - not to include either Laycock or Neagle is very strange.
If that's the case it is one week too late. After the insipid effort aginst West Coast last chance time surely was ANZAC Day.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Groan. Davey is a worse version of Colyer, Prismall has been struggling in the seconds.

Why drop Melksham and Colyer when there's senior spuds like McVeigh, Welsh, Winderlich and Dyson who have literally contributed absolute donuts all year? Rubbish.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Groan. Davey is a worse version of Colyer, Prismall has been struggling in the seconds.

Why drop Melksham and Colyer when there's senior spuds like McVeigh, Welsh, Winderlich and Dyson who have literally contributed absolute donuts all year? Rubbish.
Resting Melksham and Colyer. as good as they look and they are the future, they are not winning us games at the moment.(and nor should they be expected too)

McVeigh, Welsh, Winderlich and Dyson are all expected to perform and beat their opponent.

I think this will be the last week for the senior boys who do not perform. Because basically if we go 1-5 thats season over. Knights will then make it a priority to play the kids.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

little_ripper wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:Groan. Davey is a worse version of Colyer, Prismall has been struggling in the seconds.

Resting Melksham and Colyer. as good as they look and they are the future, they are not winning us games at the moment.(and nor should they be expected too)

McVeigh, Welsh, Winderlich and Dyson are all expected to perform and beat their opponent.

I think this will be the last week for the senior boys who do not perform. Because basically if we go 1-5 thats season over. Knights will then make it a priority to play the kids.
Then he'll devise another 5 year plan and try to stooge the board... :wink:
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

little_ripper wrote:

Yep.

Although another tall would have been handy considering the Dawks have lost a few of theirs to injury... IMHO there's quite a few BTer's being a tad over-reactive to any decisions the club makes. Which is totally understandable considering last weeks debacle... You can't expect the kids to run out their first couple of months of footy without a break no matter how promising they are...

Like it or lump it, we're stuck with McVeigh and Co for the time being... Here's hoping they can get some form/confidence/respect back.

Carna' Dons!!!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

This is an obvious game for mature bodied players to be brought in at the expense of the lightly built Colyer and Melksham.

If it gets as physical as a lot of recent games between the two clubs, then those two would have been smashed.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

melksham and colyer would both be out due to rotation. A very smart move if you have a look at Martin from the tiges. Give them time to develop.

I like the changes. Davey for all of his aquired fumbling disorder is lightening quick, scares the sh1t out of defensive runners and is prepared to take guys on. Atkinson the same.

I can see why people want the experienced players dropped, but I think in the long term we need to give them every opportunity to show they can be effective members of the team. Some serious fingers need to be pulled out.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Anyone remember Anzac Day a few years back and Davey lit it up with two scintillating goals?

If THAT Davey turns up, I'll be sad. No, not sad. What's the word again? ... Oh yes - glad.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Is this how they'll actually line up? Hocking and Dyson in the backline?

Essendon
B: Heath Hocking, Dustin Fletcher, Ricky Dyson
HB: Jarrod Atkinson, Cale Hooker, Henry Slattery
C: Mark McVeigh, Jobe Watson, Brent Stanton
HF: Angus Monfries, Scott Gumbleton, Brent Prismall
F: Alwyn Davey, Michael Hurley, Sam Lonergan
Foll: Patrick Ryder, Andrew Welsh, Jason Winderlich
I/C: Courtenay Dempsey, Nathan Lovett-Murray, David Zaharakis, David Hille

Emg: Kyle Hardingham, Ben Howlett, Tyson Slattery
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

little_ripper wrote:Is this how they'll actually line up? Hocking and Dyson in the backline?

Essendon
B: Heath Hocking, Dustin Fletcher, Ricky Dyson
HB: Jarrod Atkinson, Cale Hooker, Henry Slattery
C: Mark McVeigh, Jobe Watson, Brent Stanton
HF: Angus Monfries, Scott Gumbleton, Brent Prismall
F: Alwyn Davey, Michael Hurley, Sam Lonergan
Foll: Patrick Ryder, Andrew Welsh, Jason Winderlich
I/C: Courtenay Dempsey, Nathan Lovett-Murray, David Zaharakis, David Hille

Emg: Kyle Hardingham, Ben Howlett, Tyson Slattery
Probably not. Dempsey and Nat Rat down back, maybe McVeigh too (might help him get a kick).
Hocking will tag ... someone ... and Dyson will play on a wing.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

j-mac31 wrote:Anyone remember Anzac Day a few years back and Davey lit it up with two scintillating goals?

If THAT Davey turns up, I'll be sad. No, not sad. What's the word again? ... Oh yes - glad.
Round one this year as well. He is a symptom of our biggest problem, lack of confidence.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Can't believe people bemoaning the inclusion of Brent Prismall. The ridiculous thing is that he has been EXCLUDED for a period of 3 weeks while we've been absolutely shithouse! The bloke has played ONE poor senior game since joining the club and everyone writes jim off and wishes he doesn't come back. WTF is wrong with you all? Other muppets display shit form for a period of a season without being dropped. Prismall is clearly one of our best ball getters, and generally, one of our better disposals of it.

Get a f***'n grip, and welcome him back.
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:Can't believe people bemoaning the inclusion of Brent Prismall. The ridiculous thing is that he has been EXCLUDED for a period of 3 weeks while we've been absolutely shithouse! The bloke has played ONE poor senior game since joining the club and everyone writes jim off and wishes he doesn't come back. WTF is wrong with you all? Other muppets display shit form for a period of a season without being dropped. Prismall is clearly one of our best ball getters, and generally, one of our better disposals of it.

The attacks on Prismall have been symptomatic of BT this last few weeks...just about everyone is negative about just about everything.

Over on BB, someone has even started talking about trading Gumby or Hille at the end of the year to get a "quality midfielder" from the draft :roll:

I'm just gonna love it if we somehow manage a win tomorrow to see how schizophrenic the reaction will be.

And I hate to think what this place will be like if we lose badly :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

swoodley wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Can't believe people bemoaning the inclusion of Brent Prismall. The ridiculous thing is that he has been EXCLUDED for a period of 3 weeks while we've been absolutely shithouse! The bloke has played ONE poor senior game since joining the club and everyone writes jim off and wishes he doesn't come back. WTF is wrong with you all? Other muppets display shit form for a period of a season without being dropped. Prismall is clearly one of our best ball getters, and generally, one of our better disposals of it.

The attacks on Prismall have been symptomatic of BT this last few weeks...just about everyone is negative about just about everything.

Over on BB, someone has even started talking about trading Gumby or Hille at the end of the year to get a "quality midfielder" from the draft :roll:

I'm just gonna love it if we somehow manage a win tomorrow to see how schizophrenic the reaction will be.

And I hate to think what this place will be like if we lose badly :lol: :lol: :lol:
Swoods, its not about winning tomorrow - its about winning consistently. Then the schizo attitudes will disappear. Getting up for Carlton and Hawthorn games is not enough
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Windy_Hill wrote:
swoodley wrote:

Swoods, its not about winning tomorrow - its about winning consistently. Then the schizo attitudes will disappear. Getting up for Carlton and Hawthorn games is not enough
True Windy...but it still makes me laugh how attitudes change so quickly depending on a win or loss
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

little_ripper wrote:I get it now.

this is the motivation.

http://essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=7406
Mmmmmmm.......Shannon is saying we should act as role models for our children at the footy and not be abusive. Fine.

Shannon is pictured - a visage that suggests a withering spray. Mmmmmmmm........

The article tells us what? EFC supporters are abusive muppets who should pull their head in?

Shannon - While I'm not one to become overly abusive at the football, the shite that our senior team has been dishing up this year deserves comment.

You are new to EFC - good luck to you and I hope your career is long and successful.

I've been paying the wages of EFC players, coaches and officials for 32 years now.

Shannon - get F**ked!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.