"He could have killed him"

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

"He could have killed him"

Post by Megan »

f*** off Quarterbrain. Soft report. If Hille goes for that, Brown and Hodge had better be looked at regarding the first term incident against Welsh.

I'm more worried about Inspector Gadget.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
On the Rookie List

Re: "He could have killed him"

Post by 84859300 »

Megan, I think it was more in the context that heeased up on the contest and if he had of gone harder than what he did then, "he could have killed him".

For once, I think Quarters and Walls were sticking up for Hille.
First name: Mr
Second name: period
Last name: T
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I dunno. He said it enough times. It wasn't until the last time where he seemed to admit that he COULD have... but he didn't.

Prior to that I think he was hoping that it would start a brawl.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

f***** stupid by Hille though, there was what, 10 seconds left in the half? And so he goes and gives away an obvious fifty for no gain. Deserves top be reported for being a pork chop. (BTW D. Frawley was quoted saying "pork chop" today and I find that saying hilarious - mainly because I don't get it - so thought I'd use it)
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It was stupid but he shouldn't be suspended.
bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons »

Having the experience of being at the ground tonight, I take my hat off to Hille. The position he was in, he could have absolutely smashed that Hawk. In my opinion he did everything he could to sustain minimal damage to the player. He had no alternative than to lay contact at the minimum.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Do you know what it looked like to me on the replay? It looked like a clumsy attempt at defending himself. He dropped the shoulder, twisted and made contact, and it looked like a swing, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't. His upper arm was close to his body but his elbow was out. I think he knew there was going to be contact and was trying to minimise it, with limited success. It looked like he was dropping the shoulder and tucking the arm in defensively but didn't do it quick enough.

It just didn't look like a swing, or intentional. He pulled his arm in too much for that. I reckon that's the line they'll run as well. It just looked too clumsy to be intentional. And a bloke that size? Even if he pulls a swing, you're going down harder than that.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Hille was in the act of stopping, but the Hawk bloke still had momentum. I think that made it look worse. Hille needed to protect himself.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

I would be very pissed off if he went for that. 200cm 100kg plus guy could have done much worse. He stopped within about 2 steps which is fair enough.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I think Fletch and Welshy have more to worry about than Hille.

I would be extremely pissed off if we lost all 3 next week.... :x
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

It was soft, but i think Hille's a pretty good chance to get a week because he did exactly the same thing 5 weeks ago against Geelong and the MRP will want to punish him for being an idiot. The view of the MRP might be "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me".
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

jimmyc1985 wrote:It was soft, but i think Hille's a pretty good chance to get a week because he did exactly the same thing 5 weeks ago against Geelong and the MRP will want to punish him for being an idiot. The view of the MRP might be "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me".
Apart from being an idiot Jimmy, what would the charge be? Wasn't high. Wasn't excessive. Was late and they got a 50 metre penalty. Shouldn't matter what happened 5 weeks back. He barely hit the guy. Would be a disgrace if he goes...

[-X
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

What the comment that "He could have killed him" was that he could have impacted the guy far more heavily than he did but chose not to completely take the guy out. I thought it showed pretty good self control on Hille's behalf.

He wont go. Fletcher and Welsh on the other hand might be in trouble. I want that pig Brown reported for that impact onto Welsh in the marking contest. That was probably the worst all night. Another one tantamount to a karate chop.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

MH_Bomber wrote:What the comment that "He could have killed him" was that he could have impacted the guy far more heavily than he did but chose not to completely take the guy out. I thought it showed pretty good self control on Hille's behalf.

He wont go. Fletcher and Welsh on the other hand might be in trouble. I want that pig Brown reported for that impact onto Welsh in the marking contest. That was probably the worst all night. Another one tantamount to a karate chop.
I think you will find that it was in fact Hodge that slammed his fist into Welshy's head... not Brown.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Hodge won't get cited , he never does. They'll call it a courageous act on his behalf.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

J mac, you've never heard of someone 'carrying on like a pork chop' before? :mrgreen:
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Megan wrote:J mac, you've never heard of someone 'carrying on like a pork chop' before? :mrgreen:
Oh no, I;ve heard it before, but it isn't one that gets used much these days. I think it is a great saying, even if it doesn't make sense.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

there was no way Hille could have stopped in time to avoid contact. He was flat out going for the ball. Give him a break. No further action with MRP, sensible decision.