Hurley rumour...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Hurley rumour...

Post by BenDoolan »

I heard a rumour at the game (prior to the start) that they are considering sending Hurley in for surgery on his knee to "clean it up". Then I noticed that he wasn't moving around as freely as he has been. Then I saw him give off to Stanton when he marked inside 50. Then I saw him kick on his left and wasn't keen to kick on his right.

Maybe jumping at shadows, but I don't think he's right.
Essendunny
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Re: Hurley rumour...

Post by paddyl90 »

Seemed to be playing on one leg...and still led up well and created some play. If its better for his longevity than I'm all for it. Pretty sure this season is almost close to being over.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Definately didint look himself out there today..... for the better of the team and his knee maybe let Laycock, Williams or even young Still have a go in the seniors instead.

We dont want to risk Hurls suffering more damage.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Do it!! year is gone, get him ready for 2011 and a new plan to work with
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Hurley I believe will probably have a knee clean out and may miss 1 - 2 weeks...
Hang on to your seats for some exciting week ahead especially the second half of the season.
I have an awesome feeling about this... :)
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Good on ya stryper... i'd love to steal a bit more of your optimism. Season is still early but you wouldn't think anything great will happen.
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

stryper wrote:Hurley I believe will probably have a knee clean out and may miss 1 - 2 weeks...
Hang on to your seats for some exciting week ahead especially the second half of the season.
I have an awesome feeling about this... :)
Unfortunately its too late for all that. We needed to win today to generate any excitement about making the 8 this season.
We blew it today.
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

A knee clean up will put him out for 4-6 weeks - still, better that than risking long term damage. We aint winning much in the next 2 months whether Hurley is in the team of not.

I want to see how Still, Daniher, Neagle and Laycock can go before the year is out and this may be the opportunity
GoalSneak
Top Up Player

Post by GoalSneak »

Windy_Hill wrote:A knee clean up will put him out for 4-6 weeks - still, better that than risking long term damage. We aint winning much in the next 2 months whether Hurley is in the team of not.

I want to see how Still, Daniher, Neagle and Laycock can go before the year is out and this may be the opportunity
Still is at least a year, probably two, away from being ready. Neagle was dreadful for Bendigo and Laycock wasn't much better. Neither should get a gig in the seniors unless their attitude improves out of sight. Daniher hasn't played for weeks. Williams to come in; there isn't anyone else.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

For those thinking that Laycock that should get a run, I tend to agree, but IMO, he is well on the outer with Knights and unless we lost both rucks and both key forwards, I can't see him getting a run in the seniors. I reckon he is being given game time in the magoos and will be traded or cut so GC can have him...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Crazyman wrote:For those thinking that Laycock that should get a run, I tend to agree, but IMO, he is well on the outer with Knights and unless we lost both rucks and both key forwards, I can't see him getting a run in the seniors. I reckon he is being given game time in the magoos and will be traded or cut so GC can have him...
The guy was incapaitated last yeat with a foot injury, just getting his body fit and Knights, who hasnt as yet got a single run on the board himself has a problem with him??? C'mon, surely not?
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Windy,

I know what you are saying, but how long has Laycock been in the system, failed to get fully fit, struggled with injury and when given a shot, shown little desire or effort on the paddock...also whilst Knights hasn't been the EFC coach for all that time, you have to bear in mind that he was the Bendigo coach for a while so will have seen everything throughout Laycocks 'career' to date.

Personally, I would love to see Chook get a decent run in the seniors, but I think a) Chook is putting in the effort cause he knows his contract ends this year and b) has shown nothing before this year which worries me if we give him another contract...

Therefore, I just can't see it happening with Chook and I strongly believe that they are giving him as much game time in the magoos to get him some match fitness and maybe later in the year if the season is well and truly over (which some would say it is now...), they may give him a few games to try to bump his value for a trade with GC or another club...maybe a three way trade involving GC & Port in which we give up Laycock and a second round pick for Boak and GC give up one of their mid early first round picks to Port for Laycock...

Anyway, it is just my opinion of the situation regarding Chook and I wish him the best of luck...
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Laycock could be the only guy we have fit on our list over 190cm and he still wouldn't get a run. He must have had a good time with Knights' missus or something, because he's well and truly out of favour.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

His performance would have been much better yesterday if the team kicked the f****** ball to him!

No point in risking any further injury to his knee so get him into surgery and let him fully recover before letting him play again.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Hmmm...if I remember correctly didn't most people want Laycock cut at the end of 2008 and believed the only reason he wasn't was because Hille was the only recognized ruckman on the list. Yet now he is some kind of answer to either our rucking problems or our forward line structure.

This despite the fact he has barely played for about 18 months to 2 years and had shown very little before this to suggest he would make it as an AFL footballer. And somehow it Knights being unreasonable and a poor coach to not play him?

Strange what a few shitty years does to supporters!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Couldn't kick on his right foot by the end of the game - see the one where he handballed to Stanton after taking a mark inside 50.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Boyler_Room wrote:Laycock could be the only guy we have fit on our list over 190cm and he still wouldn't get a run. He must have had a good time with Knights' missus or something, because he's well and truly out of favour.
Either that or he's just crap
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

swoodley wrote:
Boyler_Room wrote:Laycock could be the only guy we have fit on our list over 190cm and he still wouldn't get a run. He must have had a good time with Knights' missus or something, because he's well and truly out of favour.
Either that or he's just crap
Dont tell Gimps that. He wants to have his love child.