Bendigo vs Gold Coast

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: Bendigo vs Gold Coast

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
If Leroy can come good....well, lets hope hey. (With Alwyn appearing to be on the improve, the two of them together may really add some x factor)
We need Leroy to come good. He definitely has the ability. He just needs to toughen up mentally and away he'll go.

Just finished watching the 2nd quarter. He's had a ripper first half.

And we should seriously look at this Marcus Marigliani for a spot on our senior list. Can play. Solid player with good skills.

Neagle: 1 kick and 1 handball to half time. Seriously, where the f*** is he at?
Yep, im off his bandwagon, I just don't know what to have as my avartar. The guy is too lazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Either that or he has absolutely zero confidence at the moment!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

BenDoolan wrote: Marigliani kicked 3, and was clearly BOG. He's worth taking on IMO.

While Jetta was quieter in the 2nd half, his first half was terrific. His ball handling was clean and crisp, and his pressure on opponents was fantastic - hard chasing, tackling and smothering etc. Very good game.

Houli played well, but his handballing was atrocious at times. Must eradicate that from his game.

Mark Williams will be re-called next week.

Anyone thinking that Jay Neagle will return to the seniors soon, you are lucky you didn't get to see this game. By my reckoning he had 2 kick and 2 handballs for the match. David Rhys-Jones got stuck into him during the 3rd quarter for his disgusting lack of effort by saying "I hope he's injured because he needs some excuse for his lack of effort"
Most definitely BD. He looks like a ready made player eh? Very attacking around the goal line too... Something we could use.

Leroy looked really good! Man I hope he can step up... [-o<

I thought Taite Silverlock showed some promise as an in and under mid as well. Houli should stay in the two's until he can hit a target. His disposal needs a lot of work... Like his endeavour though. Colyer was good again particularly after half time...

Jay? Terrible game. He'd want to turn things around pretty quickly or he's cactus.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Just finished watching the game... interesting one to watch. We werent overly convincing but did enough to shake off a pretty talented young GC side.

1- Neagle- really struggling this bloke, didint want to run at the footy and the only good thing he did was that last kick to Still right on the final siren. Wont be in the senior team any time soon on that performance.
4- Carlisle- didint get much footy, pretty quiet game.
5- Cloke- was solid as a rock in defence all match
7- Jetta- really broke the game open particularly in the 1st and 3rd quarters. Would love to see him in the seniors next week.
13- Long- didint have the best of games but provided a lot of run off the half back line
16- Shinners- really solid VFL defender, provided some good run
21- Skipworth- great to have him back at Bendigo, brings so much grunt and experience to the midfield
22- Flaherty- the captain was pretty solid, wouldnt say he got a lot of the footy
23- Myers- Love seeing him as a tough in and under midfielder instead of a defender... KNIGHTS TAKE NOTE! Was very solid all game and will be in the mix for a senior recall this week.
24- J.Williams- Coming along nicely after all the injury problems last year. Provided a lot of dash off the back line and can take a nice mark
25- Still- presented well but was off target kicking 4 behinds. Needs to hit the gym!!
27- Laycock- came in and out of the game, did well in the ruck and kicked 2 nice goals.
32- Colyer- got better as the game went on, just keeps on running!!
33- M.Williams- kicked 4 goals but i wouldnt say he was overly impressive
34- Hardingham- not sure what to make of this bloke... runs hard but turned the ball over a lot.
35- Silverlock- impressive game in the midfield, a tough in and under player. Unlucky to miss a couple of goals.
41- Quinn- did some nice things particulaly in the second half
43- Houli- pretty good game from Bachar... kicked 2 great running goals but did make some horrible decision when he had the footy
44- Bellchambers- Really dominated when in the ruck and was super strong overhead.
45- Crameri- Got a lot of the footy but can turn it over with poor disposal
46- Bock- developing nicely and provided a nice target up forward
47- Marigliani- Best on ground by a country mile... kicked 3 goals and probably should have had 4 or 5. Has a super strong body and i would love to see him in the seniors soon.
49- Ladson- didint get a lot of game time but seems to have a nice kick!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Just finished watching the game... interesting one to watch. We werent overly convincing but did enough to shake off a pretty talented young GC side.

1- Neagle- really struggling this bloke, didint want to run at the footy and the only good thing he did was that last kick to Still right on the final siren. Wont be in the senior team any time soon on that performance.
7- Jetta- really broke the game open particularly in the 1st and 3rd quarters. Would love to see him in the seniors next week.
13- Long- didint have the best of games but provided a lot of run off the half back line
21- Skipworth- great to have him back at Bendigo, brings so much grunt and experience to the midfield
22- Flaherty- the captain was pretty solid, wouldnt say he got a lot of the footy
23- Myers- Love seeing him as a tough in and under midfielder instead of a defender... KNIGHTS TAKE NOTE! Was very solid all game and will be in the mix for a senior recall this week.
24- J.Williams- Coming along nicely after all the injury problems last year. Provided a lot of dash off the back line and can take a nice mark
25- Still- presented well but was off target kicking 4 behinds. Needs to hit the gym!!
27- Laycock- came in and out of the game, did well in the ruck and kicked 2 nice goals.
34- Hardingham- not sure what to make of this bloke... runs hard but turned the ball over a lot.
35- Silverlock- impressive game in the midfield, a tough in and under player. Unlucky to miss a couple of goals.
43- Houli- pretty good game from Bachar... kicked 2 great running goals but did make some horrible decision when he had the footy
44- Bellchambers- Really dominated when in the ruck and was super strong overhead.
47- Marigliani- Best on ground by a country mile... kicked 3 goals and probably should have had 4 or 5. Has a super strong body and i would love to see him in the seniors soon.
Good wrap up, Murky.

Loved Travis Colyer's goal bursting from the wing with the ol' receive the handball back trick. ripper!

I have doubts about Hardingham also. Everytime I see him, he butchers it 9 times out of 10.
Essendunny
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Just finished watching the game... interesting one to watch. We werent overly convincing but did enough to shake off a pretty talented young GC side.

Pretty spot on as usual Mrs M...

To all the BTers moaning about the poor disposal shown by our footy club (myself included), if possible, you should checkout Quinny's disposal under pressure in this game. I was a tad shocked to say the least. The kid has improved by leaps and bounds!... There is hope people. Chins up now...
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Sounds like it was a good win. Hopefully Prismall can play well for them next week.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Sounds great about Jetta and Marigliani and at least M Williams got a few goals.

The game was on in the Locker Room before the game - saw Colyer's goal, very nice and a bit of Jetta's play.

Let's hope Jetta can bring it when he gets back into the senior team.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

j-mac31 wrote:Sounds great about Jetta and Marigliani and at least M Williams got a few goals.

The game was on in the Locker Room before the game - saw Colyer's goal, very nice and a bit of Jetta's play.

Let's hope Jetta can bring it when he gets back into the senior team.
I hope so too... it was his attitude that was the most pleasing on Sat. He never gave up on a chase and tackled really hard throughout the whole match as well as dash and carry the ball through the middle.