Name & Shame; Softcocks

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Name & Shame; Softcocks

Post by swoodley »

WTF :shock:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Geez Filth...you're getting harder in your older age mate...where's the positive stuff that you have been so well known for?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Filthy wrote:1. Dempsey...not a backmans asshole
Don't know if it makes him a softcock, but he certainly isn't a 'close-checking' defender which is the job he's being asked to do today.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

f****** USELESS!
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

stanton
dempsey
hille
prismal
knights
It just fell out of the sky
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

So Stanton didn't have a ripper game but still tried his guts out...
2 Crucial errors really cost us today.
The brainfade from Winder.
WTF was he thinking short chipping garbage.
Go back and kick the bloody goal from 30 metres out...

Jobe - should have kicked the ball but took a bounce and got pulled down in the tackle...

Even though we lost I am proud of the way that we had a fair dinkum crack all day...
Certainly a Hell of a lot better than Anzac day.
Slowly heading in the right direction...

Go Bombers... :| :wink:
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

stryper wrote:So Stanton didn't have a ripper game but still tried his guts out...

Jobe - should have kicked the ball but took a bounce and got pulled down in the tackle...

Even though we lost I am proud of the way that we had a fair dinkum crack all day...

Winderlichs season has SHIT me. one good game against the dawks(who are rubbish as it is). he is a much better and damaging player than he is currently.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

stryper wrote:So Stanton didn't have a ripper game but still tried his guts out...

Those were the game breakers in my opinion.... very very costly and especially when we were running all over PA at the time.
Prismall and Dempsey's disposal was also ordinary.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Take note the only softcocks are the people that continually bag Knights and the Essendon Football Club...players etc...
Easy way out - get to the real issue - our disposal at times is very good but can also be terrible.
Our decision making - exactly the same...
A very young side that is improving...
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Well said stryper...I think too many people on here had unrealistic expectations of the season and are having trouble dealing with the up and down standard of play being shown.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

swoodley wrote:Well said stryper...I think too many people on here had unrealistic expectations of the season and are having trouble dealing with the up and down standard of play being shown.
If wanting senior AFL footballers who get paid a shit load of money to make sensible decisions when they have the ball in their hands is unrealistic then yep, I am one of the guilty ones
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Bit generalistic. Where did we lose it? Never thought we were going to win at the start of play anyway. Anyone thinking this was totally fooled by the ridiculous odds.

Anyhow, we had a red hot dip. Good to see. We had some really good passages of play. Which was good to see. We had some very ordinary passages. Which was typical of our form.

In any case, we had 60 more disposals. Had 8 more marks. 17 more contested possessions. 14 more tackles. 4% better disposal efficiency. 2 more clearances. Yet we lost. By 3 points. To a top 8 team.

What we need to look at from this game is that despite the fact we had 60 more disposals, we had 3 less i50 entries. We just need to move the ball longer and direct. We got smashed in the ruck again. They had 23 more hit outs - despite the fact that utter farkstick Brogan went down with an injury early in the piece. Rodan had some beautiful taps into his lap - and off he went. Hard to stop that sort of clearance when that happens.
Essendunny
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

BenDoolan wrote: Rodan had some beautiful taps into his lap - and off he went. Hard to stop that sort of clearance when that happens.
Ah yes, good old David Rodan. Trained with Essendon, but sorry we will take Mal Michael instead. I have as much fun watching him play, as I do Rioli.
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

I think it's not so much those who are "softcocks" but more so terribly soft with their disposal and the manner in which they cough it up to the opposition, time after time. So often it results in goals to the opposition.

I'm talking Stanton (get off his bandwagon - all the stats point to the fact that while he gets it, he gives it away more often!); Prismall (can't hit a target 15m away with no pressure? Piss off back to Bendigo for a month!); NLM (love the aggression in the middle but constantly puts team mates under the pump with idiotic handballs with someone on their tail); Melksham (he's a kid, granted - but take possession before using it - ditch the butter fingers); Hille (what has happened? 8 months out of the game sapped his will to be a footballer anymore?); Dempsey (dropping sitter after sitter and turning the ball over/poor decision making).

Anyone care to continue on with this list?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Malky wrote:I think it's not so much those who are "softcocks" but more so terribly soft with their disposal and the manner in which they cough it up to the opposition, time after time. So often it results in goals to the opposition.

I'm talking Stanton (get off his bandwagon - all the stats point to the fact that while he gets it, he gives it away more often!); Prismall (can't hit a target 15m away with no pressure? Piss off back to Bendigo for a month!); NLM (love the aggression in the middle but constantly puts team mates under the pump with idiotic handballs with someone on their tail); Melksham (he's a kid, granted - but take possession before using it - ditch the butter fingers); Hille (what has happened? 8 months out of the game sapped his will to be a footballer anymore?); Dempsey (dropping sitter after sitter and turning the ball over/poor decision making).

Anyone care to continue on with this list?
Not really. Why bother?

Do you think the opposition has perfect disposal? Do you think that they never have brain fades? Do you think they always make the right decisions?

Today, we had better disposal efficiency than Port - even though they ARE a better side than us. Deal with it.
Essendunny
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Yawn.

Same bullshit different loss.

To those of you who only follow Essendon because they've had so much success in the past... good luck with that.

To those of us who love the red and black when they TRY... win lose or draw... join me ;)

All I ask is that they try. We can't always have the cattle on the paddock to win every game, everyone has their time in the light. I'm just thankful my team has had more success than nearly all others.

Sorry Filth but this crap is the reason I avoid BT after a loss.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Dempsey is a HBF, not a close checking small backman ala McVeigh and to a certain extent Slattery.

Dempsey gives us drive but he has been ordinary this year. Usually clean with his hands, he has been fumbling more than Davey this year.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I have said my bit on Prismall!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Megan wrote:Yawn.

Same bullshit different loss.

To those of you who only follow Essendon because they've had so much success in the past... good luck with that.

To those of us who love the red and black when they TRY... win lose or draw... join me ;)

All I ask is that they try. We can't always have the cattle on the paddock to win every game, everyone has their time in the light. I'm just thankful my team has had more success than nearly all others.

Sorry Filth but this crap is the reason I avoid BT after a loss.
=D>

Yep. Hat's off to you Megs. Well said.

I'd hate to be fighting in the trenches with some of the good folks on here...

:shock:
juff
Top Up Player

Post by juff »

Filthy wrote: In any event Dempsey is a wingman/mid, not a defenders asshole.
True enough. I was sitting in the back pocket at Jihad yesterday and I swear Dempsey cost us almost every goal scored against us in the 1st quarter. He was always way off his man when they marked near our goals. Couldn't understand why the hell he wasn't dragged. He played better in the second half off when he was up the ground, but geez he needs a spell in the twos to work on his defensive game.