2-5 Where do we go from here?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: 2-5 Where do we go from here?

Post by swoodley »

bpdons wrote:Richmond will beat us, they will be desperate to win against either the Hawks or us.
We're just going to have to get used to losing majority of our games for the next few years unfortunately.
Why is that?

Confidence is a wonderful thing (just look at Freo at present) and a few wins generates that confidence.

Richmond will potentially (and likely) be 0-8 when they play us so there is no excuse at all for us to lose to them.

In the next few years Hurley, Gumby, Pears, Hooker, Zaha, Hocking etc will be pushinbg up to the 50 game mark, whilst the likes of Watson, Ryder, Stanton & Monfries will be all well over 100 games. All these players will have another few years in the system and should all be bigger and stronger.

We should be genuinely pushing for positions 6-8 in the next few years based on the additional experience gathered by the above players.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

I agree, I think we will beat both Richmond and Adelaide(the two clear inferior sides in 2010).
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

I no longer have any expectations but could we PLEASE not lose to Richmond like we have a habit of doing. That's the only win that I've got my fingers crossed for this year and I don't think it's a given. And there is no chance we will beat Adelaide - none of our players have got enough ticker to want to make up for the rubbish they gave us in the final last year. And FFS if Hurley is injured, get it fixed because we ain't going to finals from here - last thing we need is some long term chronic injury to Hurley in what will be meaningless games from here on in. Sorry about the cynicism and pessimism but still fuming about losing to PA. Didn't anyone else want to belt Chad Cornes after his over the top reaction when he scored a goal in the last quarter? Could somebody please line that f@#ker up next time we play them.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Bomber_Fan wrote:I no longer have any expectations but could we PLEASE not lose to Richmond like we have a habit of doing.
If we don't belt Richmond I'll be disappointed, they are an absolute rabble.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

sti dreams wrote:Frankly - season is over

Hurley should go under the knife and clean up his knee

Any injured player should be rested

And - the kids and "second-rankers" on our list should be played under the pressure of seniors (including the next 4 weeks) to firstly get games into them and secondly see if they are worth keeping.

Remember folks - we have to cut a minimum of 5 at season's end - and given the talent on the rookie list, the interest in a F/S and the potential of a reasonable transfer ... it would be unethical to cut from our senior list without giving these forgotten players a chance to show their worth.

Cheers - sti
Your absolutely right about playing through the list.(although the need for hurley to go under the knife is just a rumour..he might be fine).

whats the story with culling 5? is that something that every club must do every year? with 2 new sides coming into the comp over the next 2 years I am suprised the AFL hasn't considered relaxing that a little.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I'm pretty sure it is only 3 that need to be turned over each year.

We need to focus on development first and winning games second. I still think we will win 8-10 which will be an excellent result.

Agree on Hurley, get the op ASAP to give him the best chance of getting back and getting more games into him.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Sismis wrote:I'm pretty sure it is only 3 that need to be turned over each year.

We need to focus on development first and winning games second. I still think we will win 8-10 which will be an excellent result.

Agree on Hurley, get the op ASAP to give him the best chance of getting back and getting more games into him.
err winning 8-10 matches for the year should never be viewed as an excellent result. i like to think the efc has set themselves higher standards than that.(even if 8-10 is an optimistic reality given how the club is travelling at the moment.

Does Hurley really need an OP? Source?
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Hurley op is from benny's rumour thread( http://bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9665 ). Not sure if there has been anything official yet, but he did seem to be playing off one leg.

8-10 for mine would put us in the same position as last year. With our loss of players, that would mean the group has developed. I would be happy with that result.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

The Draft
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sismis wrote:Hurley op is from benny's rumour thread( http://bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9665 ). Not sure if there has been anything official yet, but he did seem to be playing off one leg.

8-10 for mine would put us in the same position as last year. With our loss of players, that would mean the group has developed. I would be happy with that result.
6-7 wins at best Sis - I predict we will be 3-9 after 12 rounds, we may win 4 of our last 10