who should gringo see in Paris but...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
gringo
Club Captain

who should gringo see in Paris but...

Post by gringo »

Currently seeing the sights in Paris, and who should I see as one of the premier attractions, but old legs Kepler Bradley! He goes under an alias here "le hunchback of notre damn" but there is no denying it is him. He's a whily fox for sure. Sounds like a tough loss against Port. Seems as though we are playing a little better though?

Anyways, time to get to the moulin rouge and paint this town red. au revoir and bon soir
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: who should gringo see in Paris but...

Post by Gimps »

Go and find Karmichael Hunt, AKA c***.. You might be able to teach him how to kick, handball, and bounce the ball.. He'll give you a free pack of Swiss Multi-Vitamins and you'll be fighting fit for the rest of your trip :wink:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Even Gringo would be considered a gentleman of the highest manners in that cesspool of arrogance, Paris. Seriously, stick it up those cocky French bastards** Gringy old boy, teach them some home spun Aussie courtesy.

(**Amelie Tatou is excused - trez magnifique!!)
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

gringos with the gold from another continent! Nicely done.

Agree on Audrey, Windy she is a rare beauty!
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:Even Gringo would be considered a gentleman of the highest manners in that cesspool of arrogance, Paris. Seriously, stick it up those cocky French bastards** Gringy old boy, teach them some home spun Aussie courtesy.

Ha, we actually agree on something Windy.. Paris is a Karmichael Hunt of a place :wink:
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

While I generally agree with Paris being over-rated (Barcelona craps all over it), there are some cool spots if you avoid the usual tourist traps. You should definately go for a meal in the 18th arrondissement (African), and also check out the market there which has the best atmosphere in Paris. You should also head out for a few drinks in one of the great bars on the Rue Oberkampf in the 20th.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Windy_Hill wrote:Even Gringo would be considered a gentleman of the highest manners in that cesspool of arrogance, Paris. Seriously, stick it up those cocky French bastards** Gringy old boy, teach them some home spun Aussie courtesy.

Saw a wonderful name for the French the other day when I was reading a review of Robin Hood..."cheese eating surrender monkeys" it made me laugh :lol: :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Don't mind Paris but mainly because I have family there.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

swoodley wrote:

Saw a wonderful name for the French the other day when I was reading a review of Robin Hood..."cheese eating surrender monkeys" it made me laugh :lol: :lol:
I think this is a line from a "Simpsons" episode, actually.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

billyduckworth wrote:
swoodley wrote:

I think this is a line from a "Simpsons" episode, actually.
I concur.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sismis wrote:gringos with the gold from another continent! Nicely done.

Agree on Audrey, Windy she is a rare beauty!
Audrey, of course, I was mixing up her name and her movie - either way, you know what I mean - and for those that dont

Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Filthy wrote:If you're there just make it clear you are Aussie and not a Pom.

They just hate each other passionately, but the Aussies get a good gig 'cos of the 50000 guys buried in North France from 1914-18. The Frogs just can't get why we came 26000k to get ourselves knocked for them. I got the impression its because they wouldn't have done it.
Yep. Very important this...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Filthy wrote:If you're there just make it clear you are Aussie and not a Pom.

They just hate each other passionately, but the Aussies get a good gig 'cos of the 50000 guys buried in North France from 1914-18. The Frogs just can't get why we came 26000k to get ourselves knocked for them. I got the impression its because they wouldn't have done it.
I am pretty sure I said "G'day" to some French bird in a cafe on Rue Victor Hugo and she still spat in my 'Pain avec Jambon et Fromage'

Tres Biatchy
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I don't think it matters if you are English, Aussie, or bloody Pakistani - they hate everyone, especially if you can't speak French. I was lucky that I had a good grasp on the language when I went, but they still turned their noses up.

They only people that don't discriminate over their are the F****** beggers!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

There are plenty of nice French people...it's just that the bad ones are so bad that they leave you with a permanent memory of their crappy attitude.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Can't believe people give a crap what gringo is doing.

Is Nepolean still around?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Gimps wrote: they hate everyone, especially if you can't speak French.
I think it would only be polite of people visiting France to speak enough French to get them by. The same goes for all countries that have a different language.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

robrulz5 wrote:
I think it would only be polite of people visiting France to speak enough French to get them by. The same goes for all countries that have a different language.
In the words of Plastic Bertrand, "Sah Vlah Boom Wah".
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

robrulz5 wrote:
My experiences there revealed that a lot of the locals openly sneer at you if you try and speak their language. I did a couple of years of French at high school and had a more than basic grasp of the language when I was there. Most times when I started speaking French, they would answer me in English and only speak French when they were giving me the bill or saying someting to confuse me.....the wankers :lol:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

swoodley wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:
My experiences there revealed that a lot of the locals openly sneer at you if you try and speak their language. I did a couple of years of French at high school and had a more than basic grasp of the language when I was there. Most times when I started speaking French, they would answer me in English and only speak French when they were giving me the bill or saying someting to confuse me.....the wankers :lol:
I didn't think the French were too bad, unless they worked for the Metro selling tickets or something like that. Those pricks didn't have any patience at all.

The Italians showed more arrogance and rudeness than any others. BY FAR. Some were just great too though.