Wanna go to ANZAC Day 2015?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Wanna go to ANZAC Day 2015?

Post by Jazz_84 »

as long as those 2 that get the MCG game don't think they all of a sudden own it

a lot of fans will be pissed off with this id say
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Not one of our better ideas eh...

:-k
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Wonder how they'll send the "atmosphere" there....
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

f****** stupid idea...what possible value to Anzac Day, the game (AFL) and even Australian/Turkish relations could there be in putting on an AFL game at a soccer stadium in a city with no interest in AFL.

As for McGuire's line about "It would be the biggest invasion since Gallipoli 100 years ago, but this one would be planned a little bit better than what Winston Churchill did in the first instance" ...typical shoot your mouth off insensitive comment from someone who thinks he is bigger than just about everything.

Let's keep the footy in Oz where is belongs and leave the commemorations alone.

Anzac Day is not about football and the 100th anniversary is not a place to showcase our game in Turkey.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Could this be Eddie Maguire?

The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

swoodley wrote:f****** stupid idea...what possible value to Anzac Day, the game (AFL) and even Australian/Turkish relations could there be in putting on an AFL game at a soccer stadium in a city with no interest in AFL.

As for McGuire's line about "It would be the biggest invasion since Gallipoli 100 years ago, but this one would be planned a little bit better than what Winston Churchill did in the first instance" ...typical shoot your mouth off insensitive comment from someone who thinks he is bigger than just about everything.

Let's keep the footy in Oz where is belongs and leave the commemorations alone.

Anzac Day is not about football and the 100th anniversary is not a place to showcase our game in Turkey.
I've been thinking of going over in 2015 for the 100th anniversary (along with every other man and his dog). I agree apart from a marketing gimmick a game in Turkey doesn't make much sense but I'd attend if they took it over.
Bombers till' I die
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It'll never happen.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

They wouldn't let you in the country Filth.. Cos of your criminal record.. Don't you remember doing time for stealing my oxygen?? :wink:

I think this 'idea' will get flushed cown the toilet. Can't see them taking a day like this out of Melbourne. But, would rather go to Turkey than Sydney, like those peanuts at the AFL have proposed in the past.
Splodge
Top Up Player

Post by Splodge »

Cant see it happening and as previously mentioned the day is not about the football.

However from a selfish point of view as a Pom, Turkey's alot quicker and cheaper to get to than Oz.
Carlton Football Club - Surely a contradiction in terms?
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I like the idea. Turkey have been very good to us with regards to allowing us access to Galipoli. I don't think one year away will hurt us all that much.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

EDDIE spoke for COLLINGWOOD of course.

What he FAILED to note was the fact that on current Rotation(Oooo,I hate that word),it's meant to be OUR Home Game.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

As long as its not for premiership points - would be incredibly unfair to both sides to risk 4 points playing on a non-traditional playing field