Gumby a cert

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Gumby a cert

Post by Gimps »

According to the Herald Sun, Gumby is a cert to sign a new contract..

With the new teams and the W.A teams sniffing around, I'm a tad worried we will get carried away and sign him for way over the odds. He still hasn't proven himself, but yes, is looking much better than he did at the start of the season. Just don't want to see us sign him to a 4 or 5 year deal worth 600k+ a year.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Re: Gumby a cert

Post by Western Red »

Nice rumour Gimps!

Lets hope it is true!

2-3 years and we have money to spare so why not pay him 300 -400k?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Western Red wrote:Nice rumour Gimps!

Lets hope it is true!

2-3 years and we have money to spare so why not pay him 300 -400k?
Think the mentioned the words 'long term contract', that's what worries me. I hope they don't sign him for any longer than 3 years. For mine, I would offer 1.1 over 3. 300k, 400k, 400k.. Tipping they will offer him more though.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Good news.

It's no secret that he's been pretty homesick since he moved over from WA, good to see that he has settled in.
Old mate
Top Up Player

Post by Old mate »

I agree with the Gimp-dog here....it is great to see him starting to to fit in and grow in confidence. This season will amount to nothing for EFC as a whole _ I am sure of that - but individuals can make big gains and I think Gumbelton will be second to none in that department....but....

...long-term contracts for big $$$ are stupiduty. Mercuri, Koutifides are two that come to mind where the clubs rushed in to get the signatures only to watch both guys fizzle out in the second half of thier deal due to injury, poor form, whatever...

Bubble Gum has certainly come ahead in elaps and bounds, but currently that is just confined to his confidence IMO - as yet he hasn;t proven himself to be a pivotal matchwinner who can deliver wins for the club, ala a Lance Franklin or Steven Jurica.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Steven Jurica.. =D>
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Good news for the Brian Austin Green of our forward line... Finally worked out who the big fella looks like. It's been buggin' me for weeks...

Yes. I lead a sad life...

:-"
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Great news.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.