Essendon's 2007 Draw

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Essendon's 2007 Draw

Post by dodgey »

with Lots of thanks to an old BT favourite ...and With NO thanks to the AFL...here is the Draw for the Essendon Football Club for 2007

RD Date Opponent Venue Home/Away LocalTime

1 Sunday, Apr 01 (Sun Early) crows AAMI Away 12:40 pm
2 Sunday, Apr 08 (Day) Freo Telstra Dome Home 2:10
3 Saturday, Apr 14 (Day) blues MCG Away 2:10 pm
4 Saturday, Apr 21 (Day) Saints Telstra Dome Away 2:10 pm
5 Wednesday, Apr 25 (Day) pies MCG Home 2:40 pm
6 Saturday, May 05 (Day) hawks MCG Home 2:10 pm
7 Friday, May 11 (Night) roos Telstra Dome Away 7:40 pm
8 Saturday, May 19 (Day) lions Telstra Dome Home 2:10 pm
9 Saturday, May 26 (Night) tigers MCG Away 7:10 pm
10 Saturday, Jun 02 (Night) swans SCG Away 7:10 pm
11 Friday, Jun 08 Night) eagles Telstra Dome Home 7:40 pm
12 Saturday, Jun 16 (twlight) port AAMI Away 4:10 pm
13 Friday, Jun 29 (Night) dees Telstra Dome Home 7:40 pm
14 Friday, Jul 06 (Night) cats Telstra Dome Home 7:40 pm
15 Saturday, Jul 14 (Night) dogs Telstra Dome Home 7:10 pm
16 Saturday, Jul 21 (Day) pies MCG Away 2:10 pm
17 Sunday, Jul 29 (Day) crows Telstra Dome Home 2:10 pm
18 Sunday, Aug 05 (Day) hawks MCG Away 2:10 pm
19 Sunday, Aug 12 (Day) Freo Subiaco Away 2:45 pm
20 Saturday, Aug 18 (Day) blues MCG Home 2:10 pm
21 Sunday, Aug 26 (Twilight) tigers MCG Home 5:10 pm
22 Saturday, Sep 01 (Day) eagles Subi Away 2:10 pm
Last edited by dodgey on Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Who is going to invade Perth in round 22 for possibly Hirdy's last game?
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Ohhh what f******, giving us an away to finish on with Hirdy and even players like Fletch possibilities to go.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

I understand the AFL is bigger than any one player but of all the shitful fans anywhere in the country it could not be any worse to play Jimmy's last game in front of the f****** west coast wankers. They will probably bloody boo him as he walks off so niave is there understanding of the f****** game!!!!! :x :x :x :x

Hopefully Jimmy pisses in their Chardonnay!!!!

Would have been better at Victoria Park!!!
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

I'll be considering making the trip.
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

According to the AFL:

Meanwhile, after years of being accused by rival fans of always getting an easy draw, Essendon has a horror 2007 fixture.

Essendon not only plays three of last year's top four twice but goes to Perth and Adelaide twice each while its once-only clash with Sydney is at the SCG.

And the Bombers both start and end the season interstate, although it should be noted that their round 22 fixture against West Coast in Perth is the first time since 1985 they have played their last round match outside of Victoria.

Well thanks a lot Adolf you shitful prick....lets all wear yellow armbands every week..... and on the Scum....they say...

The Magpies will certainly have no excuse not to make the finals considering they play 18 of their 22 matches in Victoria and travel to Adelaide and Perth just once each, with 15 of their matches to be played at the MCG - by far the most of any club.

Us always having an easy draw....when have these criminal turds ever had a hard one? Pisses me off.....up yours AFL.
team
Top Up Player

Post by team »

If we play finals, Hird's last game could be anywhere.
today is not yesterday
Marillion
Top Up Player

Post by Marillion »

A lot of people don't give us a chance of making the Finals then? We could still see Hirdy play his last game in Melbourne! I'm very confidant we can do it!....... :D ........... :evil:
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

I'll be there in round 22 (and round 19)

Such are the benefits of living in Perth :shock:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:Who is going to invade Perth in round 22 for possibly Hirdy's last game?
Great motivation to ensure we finish in the 8........but then again, we'll probably have to travel interstate for that as well :(
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

I'm starting to save up now, though I'm sure I'll need to pay for it nice and quickly to ensure I get over there.
$219 each way MEL>PER>MEL + accommodation costs + ticket to get in
Going to be expensive but very much well worth it.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

I demand an Immediate Genocide on Andrew Demetriou, Adrian Anderson and Ben Buckley .....and the rest of these f****** Anti-Essendon biased c****
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

dodgey wrote:I demand an Immediate Genocide on Andrew Demetriou, Adrian Anderson and Ben Buckley .....and the rest of these f****** Anti-Essendon biased c****
Seconded.....we sure as hell are their whipping boys. :evil:
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I will go to Perth to see his last game. The problem with it is we could be playing finals or Hird could get injured or even have his farewell game the week before against Richmond.

Shocking draw. The worst one in the AFL.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

In fairness we have had very easy draws recently.

If this is the worst draw we have at least it's when we're not going to be challenging for the flag.

Let's save our good luck for a rainy day.

Sucks about R22 though, Who's over for a Nullabor Road trip in one massive Bombertalk Bus?
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

f*** me. Not even a warning from Andrew to lube up. Just a quick knock-knock, and then BANG! You're grabbing your ankles before you know what's happening....

Seriously, what a crap draw. With football in Victoria on the wane, I can't believe the AFL hasn't tried to get us, arguably the biggest Vic side going around, a half-decent draw.

Shame it appears that Jimmy won't be playing his last game in Melbourne. Might coincidently be spending some time at the ol' Perth office in Sep next year.

Incidently, does anyone know what next years draft is meant to be like?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Brace yourselves guys - we're going to have to be bloody good to make the top 8 next year.

Although, like Chris said, we have had some soft draws in the last couple years, so it's probably better we take our raping now when we're not in flag contention, and hopefully in a few year's time when we might be, we can hope for an easier draw on the law of averages.

And yes, like everyone else, a big "f*** you!" to all at the AFL who have almost guaranteed that most Victorian supporters will not see Hird's last game.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Its not the worst draw ever. Brutal about Hird. The rest of the draw is tough, but there are positives.

Sure we play the top 3 twice, but the other four games are Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn and Richmond. Not too bad there.

Actually, that's it, thats's the only positive I have been able to pull out so far.

Wouldnt worry about the Hird issue. Given this draw, the fact we won't make the 8, and his propensity for injuries, there is every chance he'll hang up the boots a few weeks earlier in Melbourne (vs Carlton in Rd 20 would be the perfect time).
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

f*** me, that's shite. We were a rough chance at making the eight, now we'll be lucky to finish 10-12.

And what's with that twilight shit against Richmond in R21? What's wrong with just playing on a Saturday f****** afternoon?
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

pull the pin round 21 at the G in the sunset Jimbob... Infront of a packed stadium of bombers fans! we dont care if you dont go to perth!