Dear AFL, care to explain...?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Dear AFL, care to explain...?

Post by ealesy »

How the f*** Essendon has not played Sydney in Melbourne since Round 1, 2006. Interstate supporters love to bitch and moan about the amount of travel their teams has to do despitejoining up for it when entering the comp. But f*** me, how can one of those teams go at least 4 year, as we don't play tem again this year, we won't play them in Melbourne until at least 2011.

I understand that the AFL loves having the Swans play Essendon and Collingwood in Sydney as it maximizes crowds and making the bastards look more popular than they are, than if they had to play Freo, Bulldogs and Kanagroos up there. But f*** me, if you only want us to play the Swans once in a year, then the first home and away game againsn that team should be in Melbourne the following season.

f****** ridiculous, until we played Adelaide at the Dome late last year it had been about 3-4 seasons since we had played those pricks in Melbourne too.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Dear AFL, care to explain...?

Post by robrulz5 »

2006 & 2001 have been the only times we have played Sydney in Melbourne in the last decade, it's ridiculous.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

L's
Last edited by ealesy on Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

robrulz5 wrote:2006 & 2001 have been the only times we have played Sydney in Melbourne in the last decade, it's ridiculous.
Those must be the only seasons we have played the Swans twice then.

How the AFL thinks it is a good idea to add a 2nd Sydney team when they are creating massive inequities in their draw to prop up the current shit heap of a club, is beyond me.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Lets get some media coverage of this issue -its a stinking joke

(by the way, I thought we played them at the MCG in the early part of 2004??)
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Windy_Hill wrote:Lets get some media coverage of this issue -its a stinking joke

Yeah, you're right we did. My bad.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robrulz5 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Lets get some media coverage of this issue -its a stinking joke

Yeah, you're right we did. My bad.
I only remember because it was the last time I saw my beloved Bombers play live. :(
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Want the short answer to your subject line, ealesy? No.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Haha....I've been sounding off on this crap for a couple of years. We have in fact played them in Sydney 11 times in the past 11 years while they have played us 4 times in Melbourne.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I suppose the truth is I would prefer the trip to the SCG any day over Subiaco or AAMI. So if this helps fill up our quota of interstate trips each year then so be it
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Think this has been going on for quite some time...When was that game played at the MCG against the Swannies, the day Lloydy bagged 13? Twas obviously back when the G was our home ground...had to have been back in the 90's...well back into it? Anyway. my point is that I can clearly recall the comment being made even back then that it was one of the very rare times that we had the AFL's lovechild at the G.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

pevfan wrote:Think this has been going on for quite some time...When was that game played at the MCG against the Swannies, the day Lloydy bagged 13? Twas obviously back when the G was our home ground...had to have been back in the 90's...well back into it? Anyway. my point is that I can clearly recall the comment being made even back then that it was one of the very rare times that we had the AFL's lovechild at the G.
'99. Made the decision to miss the game and go and visit my parents. oops.