Back from la la land.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Back from la la land.

Post by robbie67 »

Can we now stop believing the bull shit Knights has been saying about our improved defensive skills? We are just as far from a flag now as we were when he took over.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Back from la la land.

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Part of the reason is the players we brought back in.....

Slattery for Atkinson....??
Dyson for Howlett...??

I dont understand why Reimers wasnt playing either.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

lol Slats and Dyson................just two of our many professional passengers that Knights has so much mis-placed faith in. Welsh is a joke. He is meant to be tagging blokes, and they get 5000 possies against him. Maybe we should get him to tag Stanton, Stanton might start getting a kick. Not that he would kick it to any of our blokes anyway.

It really shows against quality opposition, just how limited this group really is.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Thought Welsh did ok in the first half on Ablett....

We need to try and find a player that can be a permenent tagger (like a Clint Jones or a Cameron Ling)... Welsh and Slats just arent up to scratch.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Thought Welsh did ok in the first half on Ablett....

We need to try and find a player that can be a permenent tagger (like a Clint Jones or a Cameron Ling)... Welsh and Slats just arent up to scratch.
Mrs Mercs, Ablett had 11 in the first quarter, and Welsh had to be moved off him. He set up three of their first five goals when we couldnt touch it. Welsh is an imposter who would be a good full time player for Bendigo.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

“Nathan Lovett-Murray was reasonably good and I thought that Brent Stanton did quite a good job on Cameron Ling.

“Often Ling can not only shut his direct opponent out but also get a lot of the footy and I think that Stanton was pretty even and we were pleased with the way he went about it.
This is part of the read up from the EFC website...I know they need to look for positives, but ffs, saying Stants did a good job on Ling is ridiculous. Ling didn't need to do anything but shut Stants down cause the rest of the pussies played damn well as a team which is something our blokes needed to do, but didn't...
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

rofl, that's piss funny. EFC is becoming like the big banks. All spin, no substance.
Rover 7
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover 7 »

robbie67 wrote:Can we now stop believing the bull shit Knights has been saying about our improved defensive skills? We are just as far from a flag now as we were when he took over.
Never a truer few words said.
But to be fair they play like he did.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Part of the reason is the players we brought back in.....

Slattery for Atkinson....??
Dyson for Howlett...??

I dont understand why Reimers wasnt playing either.
Agree, those imposters did'nt deserve a game where Atkinson , Prismall & Howlett did'nt do much wrong to get dropped & they could not have been worse than those 2. Atkinson also has pace which was sadly lacking on the backline.
Reimers must play instead of Lonegran who tries hard but cannot kick accurately or further than 25 metres.
Fletcher has plenty of credits but tonight ........... well just forget it , he's much better than that. However his task was made that much more difficult by those muppets we had " playing" in the midfield whose defensive & clearance efforts were pathetic.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Can someone please explain the omission of Howlett, Prismall and Atkinson for Slattery and Dyson. Fair enough bring Tom in for Hille. Why do they keep messing around with selections like this when we quite frankly pretty stiff to lose last week. I thought Prismall had a pretty good game last week. Atkinson at least gives us run and Howlett had been progressing nicely.

I think we had the combination pretty right over the last 6 weeks i.e. without Slattery, Welsh and Dyson. Now its not all there fault but its just too much messing with the line up. There is no way Prismall should have been dropped twice this year.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Fletcher hurt himself trying to bump young Hunt. He wasnt the same after that.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

robbie67 wrote:Ablett had 11 in the first quarter, and Welsh had to be moved off him. He set up three of their first five goals when we couldnt touch it. Welsh is an imposter who would be a good full time player for Bendigo.
This is correct.

I was annoyed when he came straight back into the team last week, and am more annoyed now given that other better players are being left out of the team for him, and the fact that he's picked up where he left off, i.e. absolute rubbish. He was supposed to be 'tagging' Ablett but it was the loosest tag i've ever seen - it was as though Welsh thought he was good enough to go head-to-head and beat him. He's absolute rubbish.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

MH_Bomber wrote:Fletcher hurt himself trying to bump young Hunt. He wasnt the same after that.
Pretty hard with how good the delivery was into Geelong's forward line. They were so clean with their disposal even Fletch couldn't get his hands to the ball to make a spoil.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

MH_Bomber wrote:Fletcher hurt himself trying to bump young Hunt. He wasnt the same after that.
That was a very dumb play from such a senior player...he should have laid a tackle and possibly would have got a free kick.

He had an off night from the word go and Podsiadly really touched him up....but one bad game every hundred or so is allowable.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Welsh seriously can't be inthe team as our tagger, he might be matched up againstthe oppositions best player week in and week out but he simply must not be told he is meant to play tight and hard in them, because he never does and he never gets dropped. Has played on good game his entire career as a defensive midfielder, and that was against Judd last year in about Round 13, a tagger that does not make him.

If he is told to play as a tagger the Campo and Knights have a lot of explaining to do as to why he keeps getting a f****** game.
F-111
Top Up Player

Post by F-111 »

Geelong showed us how good they can be.

They didn't have Ottens, Mooney, Scarlett.

At half time I thought we'd done ok, but they were just cruising. Our group suggested if we couldn't stay with them in the Q3, that we'd see an 80 point loss.

Their pressure, speed and precision hammered us to rush and make mistakes. Sometimes we didn't even have to rush to make a mistake!

They are good Geelong.

Is anyone a chance to beat them at the business end?
F111 with dash! 12223 posts just vanished!
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

F-111 wrote:Geelong showed us how good they can be.

They didn't have Ottens, Mooney, Scarlett.

At half time I thought we'd done ok, but they were just cruising. Our group suggested if we couldn't stay with them in the Q3, that we'd see an 80 point loss.

Their pressure, speed and precision hammered us to rush and make mistakes. Sometimes we didn't even have to rush to make a mistake!

They are good Geelong.

Is anyone a chance to beat them at the business end?
Yep, just not us. They intimidate us far too easily. If we had as much hate for them as we do for the Dawks, Filth or the Scum, we'd be a chance.
F-111
Top Up Player

Post by F-111 »

I just cannot understand how the scum beat them?
F111 with dash! 12223 posts just vanished!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

F-111 wrote:I just cannot understand how the scum beat them?

But they wont when it counts!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F-111 wrote:I just cannot understand how the scum beat them?
They beat them last year as well - by 12 goals. Funny how footy works out sometimes. We haven't beaten Geelong since 2005, and we have dominated Carlton the last 7 times. It's got me farked. IMO, Bomber Thompson has them playing at their ******* best everytime we play them. No doubt.
Essendunny