Essendon's 2007 Draw

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

swoodley and I might care Dyson!!! :(

But it seems logical that if we are not going to make the finals they will have a big send off for Jimmy at the MCG.
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

Ossie wrote:f*** me, that's shite. We were a rough chance at making the eight, now we'll be lucky to finish 10-12.

And what's with that twilight shit against Richmond in R21? What's wrong with just playing on a Saturday f****** afternoon?
Its called TV f****** ratings nad f*** the fans Ossie! :evil:
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Couldn't care less about the draw. If we are good enough we will make the 8, if we are not we wont.

After wasting the dream draw from last season by coming 2nd last, maybe a season of games against quality opposition is exactly what we need to turn this team around.

As for Hirds retirement, He may not even be fit for the game!! Why would they alter a season fixture just to make sure we play in melbourne in the last week. He also wont be the only Legend retiring, there will be others from other clubs who just havnt anounced it yet.

Sorry guys, all the fuss about the draw in here is just rediculous.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Essendon could play in Tassie in the 2nd round of the NAB Cup. Should be pretty cool for all you Tasmanians. I agree that the team will play and make sure Hirdy finish his career in Melbourne. Geez talk about the AFL shipping us off. Ive never seen us travel so often. Twice to Adelaide and Perth :? And those Collingwood scums get a good draw still. :evil:
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Filthy wrote:
Ossie wrote:f*** me, that's shite. We were a rough chance at making the eight, now we'll be lucky to finish 10-12.

And what's with that twilight shit against Richmond in R21? What's wrong with just playing on a Saturday f****** afternoon?
Its called TV f****** ratings nad f*** the fans Ossie! :evil:
Agreed. :evil: Although it will allow me to make it to that game in R21, otherwise I'd be playing myself earlier in the day. :oops: :lol:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sol wrote:Couldn't care less about the draw. If we are good enough we will make the 8, if we are not we wont.

After wasting the dream draw from last season by coming 2nd last, maybe a season of games against quality opposition is exactly what we need to turn this team around.

As for Hirds retirement, He may not even be fit for the game!! Why would they alter a season fixture just to make sure we play in melbourne in the last week. He also wont be the only Legend retiring, there will be others from other clubs who just havnt anounced it yet.

Agree entirely

Bring it on I say. Lets see how good this team can be!!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

How nervous will the West Coast Wankers be knowing they may be playing a crunch last game of the season against an Essendon with Hird retiring!!

I love it
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

it makes me sick how collingwood seem to get the easy road every year with out fail..... i dont mind a tough draw but not the amount of times we seem to get it, it' a joke and playing our last game over in perth for hirdy's last game..... dead set cant belive how much i hate everything about the AFL apart from the actual games themselves.... makes me a little bit crazy :twisted:
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Windy_Hill wrote:How nervous will the West Coast Wankers be knowing they may be playing a crunch last game of the season against an Essendon with Hird retiring!!

I love it
Terrified I would have thought...
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Sol wrote:Couldn't care less about the draw. If we are good enough we will make the 8, if we are not we wont.

Spot on, exactly what we need. Let's get the experience interstate into the youngsters, Let's also make us as supporters cherish the melbourne games we have and blanket the grounds in red and black.

I'm going to be booking a few flights!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Windy_Hill wrote:How nervous will the West Coast Wankers be knowing they may be playing a crunch last game of the season against an Essendon with Hird retiring!!

I love it
I wouldn't think that they'll be worried at all Windy. Maybe if the game was in Melbourne but the doggies are the only Victorian team to beat the eagles in Perth over the last 4-5 years.

They're only going to get better next year if they have a good run with injuries so I reckon that they will be pencilling round 22 in as a nice easy game before the finals start.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Positives: The four finalists we play twice - Collingwood (win both), Adelaide (win home), Freo (win home) WC (50-50 home at best)

We have brisbane here, though playing up there mightn't have been as hard as usual.

I cant believe that Collingwood get handed an easy draw, yet they still wont make top 4.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

It's not the draw that I'm worried about, it's our talent, the football department, the game plan and the attitude of the whole club. We have 158 days to prepare for the game against Adelaide at Football Park. No excuse for not being prepared, fit for duty, game plan and team structure all plotted to beat them. If we have a large number of the group saying "oh shit, we have to play Adelaide in Adelaide" then they are already defeated. It's a psychological thing. I reckon there will be 22 blokes already shitting themselves about that game, thinking of the 138 point massacre this year. The club has to start preparing the group to erase that diabolical effort and turn the f****** page.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Oh well, maybe Adelaide wont be going full on at the start of the year as they burnt out in 06? Maybe a re-think by Craig?

We got to win interstate, its simple. If we are to be any good, be it this year or in 5 years time, if we cant win interstate, then we wont win a flag.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Yep no whinging from me. I wasn't expecting any favours. Our draw over the last couple of years has been good, we just got the bad one this year. Apart of the cycle.

Real shame about Hird's last game possibly being played in WA. They would have packed out the Telstra Dome for sure.
Bombers till' I die
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

At least round 21 is going to be a home game, pack the G out for that one.

Good bye Richmond that night.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
beer-man
Club Captain

Post by beer-man »

Whilst I agree that if your going to be in the top 8 you want to be beating the good teams, I thought the idea was that each team played each other once, with the games to be played twice being from the area of the 8 you finished?

Collingwood have a dream ride again :roll:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

beer-man wrote:Whilst I agree that if your going to be in the top 8 you want to be beating the good teams, I thought the idea was that each team played each other once, with the games to be played twice being from the area of the 8 you finished?
They got rid of that a long time ago. How else can we play Collingwood and Carlton twice?
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

swoodley wrote:I'll be there in round 22 (and round 19)

Such are the benefits of living in Perth :shock:
same...

for those worried about missing Hirdy's last game... it will be at the G on the last Saturday in September :wink: Get your tickets early!
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

How is it that two Victorian clubs have gotten backlash for having easy schedules, but only one of those teams is effected by it?