Forget Ingliss, Get Rioli

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Forget Ingliss, Get Rioli

Post by Windy_Hill »

Cyril Rioli just played another blinder for the Dorks - this kid had red and black running through his veins for the first 17 years of his life only for the numb nuts in the Essendon recruiting department to snuff out his dreams.

Here's an idea, lets offer him a million bucks to come and play at Essendon, (get Dean and Longy in his ear) and give Williams back to Hawthorn!!!

(and yes I realise Ingliss would have a large percentage of his salary subsidised - so what, give me Rioli and I would happily see his full salary come from our cap)

Do it Essendon, its not too late
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Forget Ingliss, Get Rioli

Post by robbie67 »

Get any player with all round skills. We have ZERO of them at the moment.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

yep Rioli should be in red and black!! we NEED to get a A-grader no f****** about either, aim for someone and as we've said in previous years but never actually did and "move heaven and earth" to get him
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Forget Inglis.................................................................please.

Use the money on a player who has played the game.

Weed need an a grade player, not something fashionable.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

And some clowns on here thought Myers was the right choice because we already had too many "similar type players" to Rioli on the list.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Rioli still has OP and he can play a game like that!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

bombercol wrote:Forget Inglis.................................................................please.

Use the money on a player who has played the game.

Weed need an a grade player, not something fashionable.
I agree... seeing Karmichael Hunt's debut on the weekend i think clubs would be better off getting guys who have actually played a game of AFL...
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
I agree... seeing Karmichael Hunt's debut on the weekend i think clubs would be better off getting guys who have actually played a game of AFL...
yeah i saw a few replays and from what i saw it's going to take him quite a while me thinks... just didn't have the knowledge of what to do in marking situations particulary
Kakadu Kangaroos
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Maybe he can be a straight swap for Stanton seeing as in Rugby League, you can kick it to the opposition every second kick.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Rossoneri wrote:Maybe he can be a straight swap for Stanton seeing as in Rugby League, you can kick it to the opposition every second kick.
:lol: :lol:
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Rossoneri wrote:Maybe he can be a straight swap for Stanton seeing as in Rugby League, you can kick it to the opposition every second kick.
Plus he would only have to run in one direction.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Jazz_84 wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:
yeah i saw a few replays and from what i saw it's going to take him quite a while me thinks... just didn't have the knowledge of what to do in marking situations particulary

Give me a spell.. It was his first game FFS. He played in the European Cup Final (Rugby Union) 3 weeks ago. Before that, he played Rugby League for years. Fair to say it will take him a while to hit his straps. He needs to lose 10kg's off his quads, and yeah, needs to learn how to read the play better... He's had 3 or 4 training sessions, give him a break.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

It's funny how people here and in the media overlook the crap games Rioli plays (a majority this year), once he plays a half decent game or two. Is there any other player in the league that generates such hype?... Not saying he's bad but if he was at Essendon, some BTer's would have been crying out for the club to trade him a week or two ago...

:wink:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Doctor Fish wrote:It's funny how people here and in the media overlook the crap games Rioli plays (a majority this year), once he plays a half decent game or two. Is there any other player in the league that generates such hype?... Not saying he's bad but if he was at Essendon, some BTer's would have been crying out for the club to trade him a week or two ago...

Yeah and the probably would have been me as well :?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Gimps wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:

Give me a spell.. It was his first game FFS. He played in the European Cup Final (Rugby Union) 3 weeks ago. Before that, he played Rugby League for years. Fair to say it will take him a while to hit his straps. He needs to lose 10kg's off his quads, and yeah, needs to learn how to read the play better... He's had 3 or 4 training sessions, give him a break.
HA! funny how both Mrs Mercuri and myself state that teams are better off with an AFL player seeing as it's going to take him a long time to develop, and im my case because Essendon aren't in a position to teach someone to play the game for a couple of years, then you give us both a serve and then straight away agree with us by saying he needs to read the play better, and take a while to hit his straps...... quality stuff there mate, how about you read what we are saying and have a think about where we are coming from before thinking oh shit yeah here's another chance to have a shot at someone :roll:
Kakadu Kangaroos
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Hmm.. I said he's played one game and had a handful of training sessions. Hardly said it'll take him a couple of years to develop or "come good". I read your post, and fully understood what was said.

If you can get an ELITE ATHLETE under the odds, why not give it a crack? We'd have room in the salary cap for Inglis and a top-line young midfielder like Boak or Dangerfield.

"Let's get an AFL player" - huge call. We got Mark Williams for 300k a year plus change. We could possibly get Inglis for less... I know what I'd rather.

:roll:
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Gimps wrote:Hmm.. I said he's played one game and had a handful of training sessions. Hardly said it'll take him a couple of years to develop or "come good". I read your post, and fully understood what was said.

If you can get an ELITE ATHLETE under the odds, why not give it a crack? We'd have room in the salary cap for Inglis and a top-line young midfielder like Boak or Dangerfield.

"Let's get an AFL player" - huge call. We got Mark Williams for 300k a year plus change. We could possibly get Inglis for less... I know what I'd rather.

I am in full agreeance with you on this. I think it is minimal risk for what could be a huge upside.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:Hmm.. I said he's played one game and had a handful of training sessions. Hardly said it'll take him a couple of years to develop or "come good". I read your post, and fully understood what was said.

On this point, I cant argue. If the player is gonna cost zilch, then why not. Although, I do wonder how some of the established senior players will feel seeing a guy from another code coming in on such big money, perhaps more than they earn. Potential for dressing room disharmony maybe?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Doctor Fish wrote:It's funny how people here and in the media overlook the crap games Rioli plays (a majority this year), once he plays a half decent game or two. Is there any other player in the league that generates such hype?... Not saying he's bad but if he was at Essendon, some BTer's would have been crying out for the club to trade him a week or two ago...

Yep, although the hype around Naitanui is much worse. He's played about 2 good games all year and yet the talking heads in the media had already awarded him the Rising Star after about round 3, with some peanuts also suggesting he was a likely AA selection and outside Brownlow chance. Fair dinkum, on merit he shouldn't even be in the top 5 in the Rising Star in my opinion - others more deserving include Hannebery, Bastinac, Rockliff, Scully, Trengove, and Ziebell, and Dustin Martin would be miles ahead of him too if he weren't ineligible.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Anyone watching G.I tonight? Absolute powerhouse.

P.S: NSW are a pack of sheilas.