Your Team versus the Dawks

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Re: Your Team versus the Dawks

Post by s'dreams »

Lets see ...

Need someone to essentially tag Cyril in the forward line ... McVeigh and Slattery (T) wrong choices. Need Hocking to provide drive ... Consider Howlett, Atkinson or if I may be so bold - Jetta (lets be blunt - the Hawk's defence is rather ordinary so scoring should be easier and Jetta not needed as much up forward).

Franklin and Roughhead - need fast tall defenders ... not Fletch though (better used as a rebounder) ... Hooker, Myers (Sigh - yet another sacrifice role) or NLM.

Would like to see T Slattery in the forward line, not the back to provide another target.

Like to see Silverlock as well as Margalini cconsidered for inclusion.

Would also like to see Zacha given a run in the midfield. Now who is going to shut down Hodge?

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

sti dreams wrote:Lets see ...

Need someone to essentially tag Cyril in the forward line ... McVeigh and Slattery (T) wrong choices. Need Hocking to provide drive ... Consider Howlett, Atkinson or if I may be so bold - Jetta (lets be blunt - the Hawk's defence is rather ordinary so scoring should be easier and Jetta not needed as much up forward).

Franklin and Roughhead - need fast tall defenders ... not Fletch though (better used as a rebounder) ... Hooker, Myers (Sigh - yet another sacrifice role) or NLM.

Would like to see T Slattery in the forward line, not the back to provide another target.

Would also like to see Zacha given a run in the midfield. Now who is going to shut down Hodge?

Cheers - STI

Lets see. Silverlock and Marigliani are both rookies and we are going up against an inform midfield of Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis and Rioli. Despite this being a bloody risky idea. Could we even play them?

You want to play Jetta in the backline andTyson Slattery up forward? do you know how many sausage rolls Tyson has kicked for bendigo? hasn't he been named in their best playing in the backline?

Has leroy ever had a run down back?(and isn't he doing quite well up forward??)

:-k :-k :-k
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

little_ripper wrote:
sti dreams wrote:Lets see ...

Cheers - STI

Lets see. Silverlock and Marigliani are both rookies and we are going up against an inform midfield of Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis and Rioli. Despite this being a bloody risky idea. Could we even play them?

You want to play Jetta in the backline andTyson Slattery up forward? do you know how many sausage rolls Tyson has kicked for bendigo? hasn't he been named in their best playing in the backline?

Has leroy ever had a run down back?(and isn't he doing quite well up forward??)

:-k :-k :-k
Hmmm ... mayby I'm channeling Sheeds - or recognising that this is my fantasy team (as per the first posts)....

That being said - (1) given the midyear promotion option and the liklihood of Llaycock going to indefinite injury status - both rookies can be promoted ( I think this week).

(2) Re Slattery - whenever has position and form at Bendigo counted for much ( :-k )? he was recruited as a forward - lets see him on the park before he gets delisted.

(3) Re Leroy ... Not played down back - but exceptional horses for courses selection.... lets see precedents include Ryder (DEFENDER) into Ruck on Anzaac Day, Monfries (Mid/Forward) into backline against Hodge and Hurley (fullback) going forward against (think it was the Saints) ... I have confidence that Leeroy's forward pressure skills can translate to tagging Cyril effectively.

Cheers - STI
Last edited by s'dreams on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

sti dreams wrote:
Franklin and Roughhead - need fast tall defenders ... not Fletch though (better used as a rebounder)
Fletch held Roughead goalless last time we played them while also providing plenty of drive out of defence.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Hmmm ... mayby I'm channeling Sheeds - or recognising that this is my fantasy team (as per the first posts)....

That being said - (1) given the midyear promotion option and the liklihood of Llaycock going to indefinite injury status - both rookies can be promoted ( I think this week).

(2) Re Slattery - whenever has position and form at Bendigo counted for much ( :-k )? he was recruited as a forward - lets see him on the park before he gets delisted.

(3) Re Leroy ... Not played down back - but exceptional horses for courses selection.... lets see precedents include Ryder (DEFENDER) into Ruck on Anzaac Day, Monfries (Mid/Forward) into backline against Hodge and Hurley (fullback) going forward against (think it was the Saints) ... I have confidence that Leeroy's forward pressure skills can translate to tagging Cyril effectively.

Cheers - STI
I think your crazy, if Tyson Slattery was recruited as a forward, why have bendigo been playing him down back?

One rookie might be an idea, but playing both probably wouldn't and I'm not sure if they are the answer after a thumping by geelong.

Leroy has been a revelation up forward. I think he'd be more valuable hurting hawthorn there than trying to tag rioli...leroy doesnt strike me as a tagger AT ALL but eh thats just me.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Pears on Roghead, Hooker on Franklin and FLetch to help out.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

j-mac31 wrote:Pears on Roghead, Hooker on Franklin and FLetch to help out.
Fletch on Roughhead, Hooker to Franklin, and the shorter Pears to help out.

Roughhead is a little slower than many a big forward, and Pears is a little shorter than him. Fletch has closing speed and reach.

I expect there will be a mix and match through out the game.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

F111 wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:Pears on Roghead, Hooker on Franklin and FLetch to help out.
Fletch on Roughhead, Hooker to Franklin, and the shorter Pears to help out.

Roughhead is a little slower than many a big forward, and Pears is a little shorter than him. Fletch has closing speed and reach.

I expect there will be a mix and match through out the game.
Definitely agree with your last sentence and I expect Hurley may even get a run in the backline, he seems to most weeks.

I like Pears for his body strength on Roughead and I think Fletcher's speed and reach make him a better help option, particularly on Franklin and if he doesn't have to worry about them all the time can provide better run/long kicking out of the backline.

Also, I hate to use something my brother always says, but what the f*** is "closing speed"???
Is Fletcher only fast when chasing someone down, but not when he is just running normally?
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

j-mac31 wrote:
Also, I hate to use something my brother always says, but what the f*** is "closing speed"???
I think it is to do with closing down someone who is on a lead. Fletch seems to play loose on an opponent and still get a spoil in.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robrulz5 wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
I think it is to do with closing down someone who is on a lead. Fletch seems to play loose on an opponent and still get a spoil in.
So he's faster when closing down someone on a lead than any other time???
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

j-mac31 wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
So he's faster when closing down someone on a lead than any other time???
When coming in to spoil you have to be running quickly while preparing your arms to spoil. Some players don't have the co-ordination to be running at full tilt while also preparing to spoil as they need their arms to help them run.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

I like Ben Doolans team.