Maybe it's a good thing.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Maybe it's a good thing.

Post by robbie67 »

A huge flogging like this might finally put some pressure on "our" board to act, instead of just sitting back and putting up with the usual mediocre shit.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Re: Maybe it's a good thing.

Post by Megan »

The flogging the team 'had to have' Rob?

A flogging, and a miserable end to the season might just encourage a purge.

I have faith our team will find its heart again - just possibly not this season.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

as i fully agree our board hired this guy to lead our club so why would anything change next time? Robson be a bit smarter?

our coach next year better bring some sort of defence plan to the club because it's in dissaray tonight, i know we are without Fletch and Pears but dead set bendigo and Neagle would put on a clinic out there tonight

as much as i want to love Knights he makes it difficult, every time the camera is on him he's doing shit all up there, getting cranky at qtr time isn't enough mate
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

The club got so complacent it wasnt funny. We have managed to f*** up everything since the 01 GF, and we are now in a hole I cant see us getting out of for a very long time. Even in the 70's we were never as far away as we are now.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

robbie67 wrote:The club got so complacent it wasnt funny. We have managed to f*** up everything since the 01 GF, and we are now in a hole I cant see us getting out of for a very long time. Even in the 70's we were never as far away as we are now.
but Robbie we "are only 3 years away" from a premiership window. we have a young list who will be inconsidtent now, but when they get another 20 to 50 games under their belt they'll be good. Just trust Knightsy :^o
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

At this rate we'll forever be "three years away from a premiership window". I just hope they have the balls to do to this dud what they did to a genuine contributor, not only to this club but to the game itself, in Sheeds. No room for walking on eggshells or trying to be diplomatic. Just give the guy the boot and be brutal about it.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

robbie67 wrote:The club got so complacent it wasnt funny. We have managed to f*** up everything since the 01 GF, and we are now in a hole I cant see us getting out of for a very long time. Even in the 70's we were never as far away as we are now.
Couldn't agree more. We are a shambles. We are a disgrace. It is painful to watch us play.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

You have to "have faith in our structures going forward"

f*** me when Knights is given the arse surely he has a job in PR spinning bullshit, he would even give Sheeds a run for his money.

I better not here the f***wit once say this week that he understands that the supporters are upset and angry. No f****** shit Sherlock, we have been upset and angry after every game where we have laid down and taken it up the arse without barely a whimper so what else would be new?
Rover 7
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover 7 »

Surely this miserable debacle should spark some action.
The players obviously wont play fo Knights,more and more supporters are sick of him and the oppostion now know we are a joke.
Drag his contract out put it under an electron microscope find any trivial abnormaly,sack him and say we'll spend however long in
court arguing about the qualities of the paper it was written on before paying anything.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

well the good thing to come out of a loss like that, is that it should flag permanently in the coaches mind, who can and cannot play(as well as what game plan works and does not..although perhaps this part is worringly not sinking in....).

There is upside, in the twos we have Atkinson, Dempsey, Myers, Dyson, Howlett, Houli among others running around, who show as much as a number of the guys in the senior side.

The season is now officially over. we cannot make the finals having already accrued 9 losses(and its only just July). So we should be definitely be playing our fringe and developing players.

In particular I want to see David Myers in the middle and Howlett given 8 games in a row.(so he starts 2011 with enough experience under his belt).
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Whats David Evans email address? I think it's time that us disgruntled supporters started getting our message across rather than posting it on boards no-one else reads.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Rossoneri wrote:Whats David Evans email address? I think it's time that us disgruntled supporters started getting our message across rather than posting it on boards no-one else reads.

He's probably reading this board as we speak.

Of course they have a peek at fan forums (wouldnt you) - After all, its like staring at a car crash, no matter how hard you try, you cant look away. I am sure the coaches, staff and players at footy clubs are encouraged to not look at fan web sites but I reckon they all do.

So Messers Evans and Robson - pull your friggin fingers out and do something about this mess!!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

little_ripper wrote: flag permanently in the coaches mind
LOL, yeah the coach has a mind? That's why we keep playing Slattery.
Bomber_wiz
Top Up Player

Post by Bomber_wiz »

We have been flogged so many times in the last 3 years, we always think that this is the wake up call we need. Well what has happened after the Collingwood wake up call, 4 wins 5 losses when we should have had at least 6 - 8 wins. Im sorry, a good flogging only takes you so far.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

I am an eternal optimist and had a good feeling about where we were headed four weeks ago.
But last night for the first time I have completely lost faith with Knights and a number of our 'senior' players.
Something has to change.
Knights has to go (although please can we NOT get Mark f****** Williams in?!) and some of the senior guys who still cannot a) kick to a target or at least to advantage side, b) lay a tackle, c) lay a shepherd, d) show a bit of discipline ... can f*** right off.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

When we played in such a deplorable and unaccountable manner I finally said to myself what I thought I'd never say. Good it will speed up the pissing off of Knights.

I simply cant explain the amount of dumb footy that comes from these blokes. The Winderlich pass to a 2 on 1 to CHB is a case in point. They have showed through phases of the season that they are capable but most of the time they are an incompetent rabble that I can only believe must be sheeted home to lack of confidence. This has to go back to coach. He has been incapable of instilling confidence in the group. He comes from a losing culture and he has infected our club with that culture.

Board act now before the likes of Gold Coast and Western Sydney steal anyone with an iota of potential and makes them play like millionaires to hurt us all over again.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Whats David Evans email address? I think it's time that us disgruntled supporters started getting our message across rather than posting it on boards no-one else reads.

He's probably reading this board as we speak.

Of course they have a peek at fan forums (wouldnt you) - After all, its like staring at a car crash, no matter how hard you try, you cant look away. I am sure the coaches, staff and players at footy clubs are encouraged to not look at fan web sites but I reckon they all do.

So Messers Evans and Robson - pull your friggin fingers out and do something about this mess!!
hows the vibe over at BomberBlitz? even worse id say, lets hope so
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Boyler_Room wrote:At this rate we'll forever be "three years away from a premiership window". I just hope they have the balls to do to this dud what they did to a genuine contributor, not only to this club but to the game itself, in Sheeds. No room for walking on eggshells or trying to be diplomatic. Just give the guy the boot and be brutal about it.

Would the word "bullish" be more appropriate here! :lol: