More evidence Ben

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

BenDoolan wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:Ah yes, but they are taking Jobe Watson, you know the bloke who got zero Brownlow votes, can't kick, can't run, is unskilled, who wouldn't get a game in any team in the top 8, who is outside the top 40 midfielders in the comp and who is outside the top 100 players in the league? I guess you better get used to seeing Watson "running" around in the number 4 for a few more seasons yet. How does that make you feel? :lol: :lol: Good, isn't it!!!
Yeah. It'll be good next year when the kid rubs it right in your face Ben... :mrgreen:
Umm, Dr.Fish........I'm gagging, I was re-quoting gringo's assessment of one Jobe Watson from a while ago. He has a compulsive disorder to slag every player at the club......perhaps you can prescribe him something Doc?[/quote]

Play nice boys we don't need another Bluey incident!!!!! :lol:
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

BenDoolan wrote:
Umm, Dr.Fish........I'm gagging, I was re-quoting gringo's assessment of one Jobe Watson from a while ago. He has a compulsive disorder to slag every player at the club......perhaps you can prescribe him something Doc?
Two Disprins and a swig of good ol' cod liver oil before bed for his poor judgement. As for his almost irrational reliance on the Oxford Dictionary, I'm really not sure what to prescribe ... :-k
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Filthy wrote:Yeah thats what the Club needs when its down. affirmation and positive comment from "supporters" for trying things.

And those knocking Rama's going? Ever thought he is going in preparation for a role in Footy admin following his probable retirement from illness?
Here is something they can try, skills training! I heard it helps sometimes in football matches.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Rossoneri wrote: Why dont we do some altitude training or something, something to make us fitter and stringer?
Yep, altitude and ATTITUDE training will be good!
I think the attitude is fine, especially with some of the players we have now cleared out in the last 12 months.
For some reason I missed this reply. Sorry for the delay! I wasn't just referring to the on/off field undisciplined acts of one D.Solomon, Ty Zantuck, Cupido etc, I was also referring to mental application of the whole list as well. I believe there is a losing culture down there where the group simply believe "they cannot win" or simply don't know how to hold their nerve when challenged. Examples such as the Adelaide debacle, and games where we were red hot to win v St.Kilda, Carlton and a couple of other teams demonstrated they didn't have the mental toughness to win those games. Many might say we were unlucky to not win more of our close matches (and there were a few decided by 3 goals or less), but a lot had to do with lack of mental application or just plain "attitude".