3 YEARS BEHIND?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
gringo
Club Captain

3 YEARS BEHIND?

Post by gringo »

I am seething after having read the papers this morning (particularly the Herald Sun). The Board has come out and said they know they need to recruit and that, basically, the midfield is complete rubbish. Yet THEY f****** APPOINTED KNIGHTS WHO SAID WE COULD BE CHALLENGING IN THREE YEARS!!!! Three years on we are a putrid, disgraceful, pathetic, incompetent, laughable, soft, unskilled, uncommitted, untalented, unproductive shitful team starting from ground zero. WHAT A COMPLETE f****** WASTE OF THREE YEARS! HEADS NEED TO ROLE OVER THIS ONE. START WITH WHOEVER APPOINTED KNIGHTS, KNIGHTS HIMSELF, AND THEN THE ENTIRE MIDFIELD APART FROM WINDERLICH, WATSON, JAKE THE SNAKE AND MAYBE MYERS.

You can't piss 3 years up against the wall and not have heads rolling. f*** me Henri.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
gringo
Club Captain

Re: 3 YEARS BEHIND?

Post by gringo »

We have NOTHING at Essendon. And Knights wanders in tells em they can win a flag in 3 years and they believe it! If these are the type of visionaries running the club we are farked. We might as well roll over now, lock the gates and hand everything back to the AFL. GET THE CHOPPING BLOCK OUT!
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Agree with the throughts here, Gringo and Filthy you are right !

I just can't fathom how we selected Knights over Hardwick because Hardwick was actually honest about our list. It's like a business man or rockstar who surrounds himself with advisers who will only tell him nice things. Eventually you end up like Michael Jackson ....

Gringo .. your post on the 2010 prediction is amazing !.... I honestly reakon that between Filthy, yourself and me .. we have been really critical of the EFC midfield over the last few years and copped a lot of crap in the process. I was reading back over my threads over the past few years and so many of them are about our slow one dimensional midfield. I bet there are still a bunch of forum members who still think that Watson, Dyson, Stanton and Welsh are going to win us a lot of games.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

(by the way I think Welsh has been ok over the last three weeks)

I guess the pertinent point here is that the Board selected Knights over Hardwick as they believed Knights had a more optimistic view on the list and our short term chances of success.

Now we have ex-board members coming out and saying that they admit that our list sucks???

If this is/was the case, then why did they get sucked in by Knights PowerPoint presentation. Furthermore, if our list was so good Mr Knights, why is it that you have done virtually nothing but cull the players you inherited and consign high draft picks to a career at Bendigo?
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I'm sorry but at what point would you people have accepted the requisite bottoming out that would be required to do this?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sismis wrote:I'm sorry but at what point would you people have accepted the requisite bottoming out that would be required to do this?
Sis, we have been "bottomed out' for 6 years now (barring last years smoke and mirrors version of being a final 8 side)

We have only won 44 of our last 120 Games!!!

Whilst there hasnt been any spoons, we have been shite for 6 years now!!!!
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Sismis wrote:I'm sorry but at what point would you people have accepted the requisite bottoming out that would be required to do this?
Probably about two years before Sheedy got the boot. But we absolutely needed to gut the list after Sheedy wasn't appointed again. Knights waltzed in, made shit appear like gold, the p-nuts running the club bought it hook line and sinker, and now we have a shit list and a shit coach.

Instead, we could have had a good coach, and a team 3 years into a rebuilding program.

I'm beginning to think you've lost your junk Sismis, or at the very least it's sitting at the station waiting for the train to depart.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

What the f*** have we been doing for six years? Please dont give me that crap about last years final appearance. Fact is for six years in row, we have lost more games than we have won, and our one and only finals appearance was a belting.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

May be worth going back to when we finished 2nd last to see waht people's comments were then.

Oh that's right, fans were screaming and we got rid of a 27 year coach.

Which of us has lost his junk? The one who believes we are going through the necessary pain? Or the others who would be more content ensuring we beat last years wooden spooners than building for the future?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sismis wrote:May be worth going back to when we finished 2nd last to see waht people's comments were then.

Which of us has lost his junk? The one who believes we are going through the necessary pain? Or the others who would be more content ensuring we beat last years wooden spooners than building for the future?

huh? :?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Sismis wrote:May be worth going back to when we finished 2nd last to see waht people's comments were then.

Come off it, building what exactly? A team good enough that we may be able to carry someone as bad as Henry Slattery? If he is rebiulding why do the same horse shit, dont have a hope in hell of making it as players keep getting a game, and for the 1000th time, why did he recruit Mark Williams and give him three years?

He is a deluded idiot, with some sort of stupid loyalty to the duds he coached at Bendigo.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I'm with Sismis on this whole issue.

We are stuck with Knights until at least the end of 2011. There is no way the board will admit they made a mistake after having just extended his contract.

Given our reasonable consistency over the past 26 years, many of you will not have experienced what we are currently going through. In general, we have usually had the finals in our sights and have been feted as one of the powerhouse clubs of the VFL/AFL. Therefore, for many, these are uncharted waters.

It is gutwrenching what we are going through and we all feel completey helpless in understanding how we dig ourselves out of the mess. My advice is get used to it. We have at least the remains of this season and the next before I see any intevention at board level. Therefore, the club will perservere with the current list with some adjustment at the end of the season, but by and large, the list is what it is. We all knew it was going to be a bumpy ride, although I did not expect it to be this bad.

Several weeks ago, various lists were produced outlining the current list and the potential within. This has not changed. We still have some great emerging talent.

I have no answers for the current slump, but if you want a confidence boost, drag out the Saints game from ealier this year to see what we are capable of.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

rockhole wrote:I'm with Sismis on this whole issue.

We are stuck with Knights until at least the end of 2011. There is no way the board will admit they made a mistake after having just extended his contract.

Given our reasonable consistency over the past 26 years, many of you will not have experienced what we are currently going through. In general, we have usually had the finals in our sights and have been feted as one of the powerhouse clubs of the VFL/AFL. Therefore, for many, these are uncharted waters.

It is gutwrenching what we are going through and we all feel completey helpless in understanding how we dig ourselves out of the mess. My advice is get used to it. We have at least the remains of this season and the next before I see any intevention at board level. Therefore, the club will perservere with the current list with some adjustment at the end of the season, but by and large, the list is what it is. We all knew it was going to be a bumpy ride, although I did not expect it to be this bad.

Several weeks ago, various lists were produced outlining the current list and the potential within. This has not changed. We still have some great emerging talent.

I have no answers for the current slump, but if you want a confidence boost, drag out the Saints game from ealier this year to see what we are capable of.
Ah, no.

The sooner we start from scratch the better. Knights and his merry bunch of f%ckwits have had their turn now it's time for a new regime to come in and cast an objective eye over our putrid, fetid list. I am more than happy to assist in this task.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

gringo wrote: Ah, no.

The sooner we start from scratch the better. Knights and his merry bunch of f%ckwits have had their turn now it's time for a new regime to come in and cast an objective eye over our putrid, fetid list. I am more than happy to assist in this task.
Just off the top of your head Gringo who would you axe(putrid, fetid plodders) and who would you keep ?
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

gringo wrote:

Ah, no.

What exactly do you mean by start from scratch...are you looking at the board, the coaching panel, the players or all of them combined?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

gringo wrote:

Ah, no.

My point is, Gringo, that as much as you like to fantasise that a new broom will be employed, it ain't going to happen.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Sticking the broom through the playing list on the eve of TWO new clubs starting up is football suicide.

The fact is that the talent pool will shrink, not grow in the next 3-5 years.

Gringo - we are left with the donkeys, we may as well make sure they are the best damn donkeys in the AFL.