Selection day again...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Re: Selection day again...

Post by rockhole »

I no longer care if we get thumped. I am almost getting used to it.

Let's have a look at the likes of Carlisle, Hardingham, Marigliani and Still and see what they have got. If nothing else, they will get firsts expereince and players like Stanton etc could get "rested" to give them a run.

If we don't know our best 22, playing these kids constantly in the twos is not going to help.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

The way he's playing his stats might make him look good value, he's hardly playing good football. If they dangle the carrot and someone bites we may be able to snag someone good for him because his stats make him look better than he is. Rosso has hit the nail on head multiple times, if you're going to be an outside midfielder and you can't hit targets and you don't chase then what's the point? I've lost faith he has a lot of work to do to turn it around.
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

I'd like to see a few blokes who are going to at least going to by physical and work their guts out. On that note (and on the basis of last week Bendigo game), I'd seriously consider giving Marigliani a game if he's fit (copped a massive knock last week and didn;t return, but no mention on the injury list so...). Houli deserves a crack on his 2's form and probably so does Hardingham and Myers.

While I think Carlisle and Still have loads of potential, both those lads need a big summer in the gym (does Essendon eve have one?) before getting a game. Both a bit too scrawny at the moment.
GoalSneak
Top Up Player

Post by GoalSneak »

Yes, Carlisle and Still would be killed if played now, they shouldn't even be playing VFL really.

Hardingham is worth a try. He butchers the ball a fair bit (so he should fit in right away) but, on the positive side, he's strong, good in the air and prepared to take the game on. He has a surprising turn of speed once he's built up a head of steam.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Some basic info already up on the website...
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/matches/pr ... tion=teams

In: Houli, Jetta, Hardingham
Out: Melksham, Lovett-Murray, Bellchambers (foot)

:shock:

Emergencies: Brent Prismall, David Myers, Nathan Lovett-Murray
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Wasn't Lovett-Murray our beat against Melbourne 2 weeks ago?
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Who does Prismall have to F*** to get a game around this joint?
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

NLM had Gastro earlier this week.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

gringo wrote:They are all deckchairs on the Titanic. It makes no difference which fetid donkeys they choose from our extensive herd. If possible, I would simply choose which ever fetid donkeys are prepared to put their head over the ball and work for the good of the team. Make no mistake though, our performances against Melbourne and West Coast are as bad as you'd ever want to see. None of them deserve to play this week.
:lol:
Essendunny
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

keri wrote:NLM had Gastro earlier this week.
thanks Keri, this makes sense as otherwise I could not work out why NLM would get the chop.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

little_ripper wrote:
thanks Keri, this makes sense as otherwise I could not work out why NLM would get the chop.
But he's good enough to play for Bendigo this week?

Seems like bullshit to me.
Essendunny
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

BenDoolan wrote:
little_ripper wrote:
But he's good enough to play for Bendigo this week?

Seems like bullshit to me.
Check your facts Kezza and get back to me.

How have you been anyway? Are you still starring on A Current Affair for the size of the brain residing in your noggin? Or was it Today Tonight? I've missed you on this forum.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Missed this reply.

BD, There's a difference between AFL match fit and Bendigo match fit. I would bet my arse it was true. I was given that information publicly by someone who works at the club who was happy to make the statement under his real name on his Twitter feed, which is followed by the club. If it wasn't true and they weren't happy with it being public, he would have looked pretty bloody stupid.

Gringo, been pretty busy with insane work hours. So I found another job that didn't have insane work hours. Should be around a bit more. But I've said that before.

And I haven't missed you at all. :P
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"