Making way

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Making way

Post by hillchaser »

So we have a winning team again. But we also have the following players on the sidelines;
Welsh
Dyson
Nlm
Melksham
Myers
Atkinson
Pears
winderlich
H slatts

So how do we fit these guys into our current team ? Personally I don't think there is a lot of room to move now. Winders and Pears would be the only automatic inclusions and lonergan is the only easy target to drop although he had a great game last night. And who makes way for Melky ?

I'm scared that knights will bring slattey, dyson and welsh back at the expense of a winning team.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: Making way

Post by Rossoneri »

Winderlich, Melksham and Pears are in our best 22 or 25.

Welsh - Gone - should have traded him to Collingwood
Dyson - depth player at best
Nlm - keep tutoring the aboriginal kids to help them. Depth players
Melksham - still in our best 25 or 22
Myers - Can be a good player if Knights stops f****** with his head. Don't drop him after one bad game. Will eventually get into our best 22
Atkinson - depth player. Love his run and carry
Pears - still in our best 25 or 22
winderlich - still in our best 25 or 22
H slatts - Gone - Should have traded him to Norwood
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

It will be interesting to see how Welsh, Dyson and Natrat play today for Bendigo... after last nights performance I would be very disappointed if Knighta brought back the whipping boys straight away, let the team have a chance to settle. At the moment I can't see Atkinson or Myers getting back into the side any time soon.

The only change i would make is to bring Licha in and rest Colyer.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

When we strung our 3 wins together earlier this season, it was partly due to a degree of consistency with the team selection. Apart from forced decisions, I just hope that they stick with this winning list.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Well we lose Gumby for the rest of the year so that will make way for NLM I would have thought.

Frankly, other than Winderlich, the rest can work their way back into the team based on performances at Bendigo

Melksham has probably hit the wall in his first year so may not play much more this season
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Natrat was really the only EFC player today that did enough to be brought back into the side for the Blues match.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Given that Pears and Gumby are out for the rest of the season - I take it this question is In terms of who goes into our best 22 or 25 next year. Well we will have to wait for the circus that will be trade week and who (if any) goes to the GFC before this can be settled.

In terms of who comes in next week - given Carlton don't really have a tall forward line - I'd be tempted to bring in Atkinson or T Slattery (a decision needs to be made on this boy) for Gumby and push Hurley to CHF.

Then as we have a resting ruck, Hardingham and Hurley in the Forward line - I may be tempted to bring NLM in for Neagle ... but wouldn't say this is a given.

sti
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

No way, no how does Hurley move to the forward line. He is killing it down back now. He is finding his feet. He is a second year player. Let him hold down a position first. Let him get accustomed to it so he KNOWS he can do it well. Moving him forward then back all the time is ridiculous.

The team looks better with all of the following out of it:

H. Slattery
Welsh
Dyson
Myers(terribly over rated by a lot in here. has done nothing)

Atkinson to a lesser extent. But his speed and carry are excellent. But is he better than other HBF we are playing?

If Winders is ready to rock and roll bring him in. And prolly Disco to replace Gumby. With Hille and Paddy we will always have that extra tall to work with anyway. Plus Hardingham and Monfries play above their heights as well.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

DC2 wrote:No way, no how does Hurley move to the forward line. He is killing it down back now. He is finding his feet. He is a second year player. Let him hold down a position first. Let him get accustomed to it so he KNOWS he can do it well. Moving him forward then back all the time is ridiculous.

The team looks better with all of the following out of it:

H. Slattery
Welsh
Dyson
Myers(terribly over rated by a lot in here. has done nothing)

Atkinson to a lesser extent. But his speed and carry are excellent. But is he better than other HBF we are playing?

If Winders is ready to rock and roll bring him in. And prolly Disco to replace Gumby. With Hille and Paddy we will always have that extra tall to work with anyway. Plus Hardingham and Monfries play above their heights as well.
Ok ... so does that mean we roll the clock back to 2000 and "rest" the rucks at CHF? Or move Hooker to CHF (I sincerely believe we shouldn't go too tall in the backline agast Carlton with their fleet of small fast forwards). Then again - the most impressive things Neagle did were around CHF... move him there?

questions, always questions

st
Last edited by s'dreams on Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Winderlich comes back in for sure if he is fit and we could probably cope not bringing in another tall player for Gumby. Hille and Ryder can play forward and will kick goals.

I don't want to see Welsh or Slattery come back in.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robrulz5 wrote:Winderlich comes back in for sure if he is fit and we could probably cope not bringing in another tall player for Gumby. Hille and Ryder can play forward and will kick goals.

Whats the liklihood of Winders coming back next week? I would have thought pretty remote??
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:Winderlich comes back in for sure if he is fit and we could probably cope not bringing in another tall player for Gumby. Hille and Ryder can play forward and will kick goals.

Whats the liklihood of Winders coming back next week? I would have thought pretty remote??
miss 1 maybe 2 weeks
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Windy_Hill wrote:

Sam Mitchell only missed 1 week with the same injury.