7TWO

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: 7TWO

Post by Gimps »

Watching the Saints game.. Calthorpe has whacked Robert Harvey in the chops twice in 5 minutes - F****** GOLD.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Having a look at the Dons v Crows game.. Dons 16.11 at half time. Just an absolute spanking, like a training run.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Haha....I advertised all these games and never set the recorder for one of them #-o
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

One out of the box this game;

Tonight / early tomorrow morning 1.40am

Essendon v North Melbourne Qualifying Final 2000 - Must see TV!
Duration 2 hours 15 min
Result: Essendon by 125 points
Key Performances: Matthew Lloyd 7 goals - and a century of goals for the season, James Hird 5 goals, Joe Misiti 41 immaculate disposals + 4 goals

This was a total dismemberment of the North Melbourne Football Club. This was our response to the soft "marshmallow" tag they gave us in 1998. There was no greater exhibition of our dominance in 2000 than this game. This game intimidated every team participating in the finals that year.
Essendunny
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

^ Downloading the torrent of that game at the moment. One of my earliest memories that game! Can't wait to watch the 125 point thrashing! I remember Darren Bewick or something... had a chance to get over the 200 points or something. :)
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

BenDoolan wrote:One out of the box this game;

Tonight / early tomorrow morning 1.40am

Essendon v North Melbourne Qualifying Final 2000 - Must see TV!
Duration 2 hours 15 min
Result: Essendon by 125 points
Key Performances: Matthew Lloyd 7 goals - and a century of goals for the season, James Hird 5 goals, Joe Misiti 41 immaculate disposals + 4 goals

This was a total dismemberment of the North Melbourne Football Club. This was our response to the soft "marshmallow" tag they gave us in 1998. There was no greater exhibition of our dominance in 2000 than this game. This game intimidated every team participating in the finals that year.
f*** Benny, I was going to bed soon.. now I've seen this, I have to stay up!

Was in Sydney this day (was working at the Olympics) - went to a pub with my brother - the more we got in front, the more we drank. Bliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind :)

Can't say I remember too much other than kicking the shit out of them. Might be good to watch again.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Lloydy just kicked his 100.. Love the effort from the security to keep people off the ground.

That's enough for me, off to bed..
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Was at the game. One of the best moments in my life. !! There were so concerned with trying to stop Lloydy that they were giving goals away to everyone else and he stilled kicked 7. This will go down in history as a classic in EFC history.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gimps wrote:Lloydy just kicked his 100.. Love the effort from the security to keep people off the ground.

I didn't realise it at the time of course, but when I watched a replay of this match, I noticed David King (the wanker) copped a clip over the ear as people ran through the middle of the ground to get to Lloyd.

I think someone took exception to his total flog antics after he kicked a goal early in the game :lol:
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

BenDoolan wrote:
Gimps wrote:Lloydy just kicked his 100.. Love the effort from the security to keep people off the ground.

I didn't realise it at the time of course, but when I watched a replay of this match, I noticed David King (the wanker) copped a clip over the ear as people ran through the middle of the ground to get to Lloyd.

I think someone took exception to his total flog antics after he kicked a goal early in the game :lol:
I wish it had of been me :lol:
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

One of the most obnoxious little shits ever to pull on a boot.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

That's hilarious BD, that goal celebration after he kicked the 1st goal of the game was ridiculous.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

1998 Round 3: Carlton v Essendon
Time: Friday, August 6, 1:30AM, EST
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

F111 wrote:1998 Round 3: Carlton v Essendon

I have this one on DVD! :D
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robrulz5 wrote:

Is this the one where Silvagni fluffs his kick out in the last minutes?
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:

Is this the one where Silvagni fluffs his kick out in the last minutes?
No, that one was in round 18. In round 3 we beat them by a point.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

robrulz5 wrote: No, that one was in round 18. In round 3 we beat them by a point.

hung on after being up by like 5-6 goals at HT from memory.... easter rings a bell as well...

if it IS that game do yourself a favour ...go to bed at HT
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

OK all you nostalgic fans (looking at you Royza & Robrulz), set your recorders for this (I know you want to watch it);

Thursday night / early Friday morning 1.30am

Essendon v Collingwood Preliminary Final 1984 - Must see TV!
Duration 2 hours
Result: Essendon by 133 points
Key Performances: Leon Baker 6 goals, Paul Van Der Haar 5 goals, Darren Williams 31 disposals + 4 goals, Mark Harvey 4 goals, Terry Daniher 3 goals, Shane Heard keeping Daicos to 6 disposals, Billy Duckworth playing on Ron Andrews (who kicked 3 out of 5 goals for Collingwood).

The greatest ever winning margin in a final.
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

MUST TAPE THIS GAME! The old man loves it but cant get a copy of it anywhere and it'll be perfect for him to come home and watch after being in hospy. Now just gotta teach Mum how to pre-set something to record over the phone. Should be fun. :lol:
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

BenDoolan wrote:OK all you nostalgic fans (looking at you Royza & Robrulz), set your recorders for this (I know you want to watch it);

Thursday night / early Friday morning 1.30am

Essendon v Collingwood Preliminary Final 1984 - Must see TV!
Duration 2 hours
Result: Essendon by 133 points
Key Performances: Leon Baker 6 goals, Paul Van Der Haar 5 goals, Darren Williams 31 disposals + 4 goals, Mark Harvey 4 goals, Terry Daniher 3 goals, Shane Heard keeping Daicos to 6 disposals, Billy Duckworth playing on Ron Andrews (who kicked 3 out of 5 goals for Collingwood).

The greatest ever winning margin in a final.
Faaaaaaaaaaaaark!

Been wanting to watch this for years.. Been in a position to stay up late for a few weeks now.. Have a 2 hour written test for a F****** job at 10am on Friday.. No video, and a non-recordable DVD player.. BUGGER!