Register Here if You Were Wrong About Knights

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: Register Here if You Were Wrong About Knights

Post by j-mac31 »

Rossoneri wrote:The sooner Knights stops over-rating the list, stops being optimistic about certain players and be realistic, he will become a better coach.
And improves the team's defence. Wait, creates some defence in our team. We won't win against the best teams regularly and in finals if they can score at will.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Would a COFFEE with TOMMY HAFEY go astray?

Better be quick.If JARS(Andrew Jarman) leaves PERTH,I've already gottim Earmarked as PERTH's Next coach.
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

Windy_Hill wrote:This is the thread that you can come to at any stage when you want to make it formally known that you were wrong about Knights and he actually is a very good coach (obviously if you have never bagged the guy then no need to apologise)

Bookmark this thread if you think you may need to come back in th future
Yes i admit i was wrong about Knights. He is one of the great coaches of the AFL and surely didn't deserve any ridicule at all throughout this mid season slump. Yeah right.

Surely you're not serioius. One close win against a side decimated by injury doesn't change all the mis management of players that has occured this year. Which to me is a good solid reason why we're so inconsistent as a football club.
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Don't call me Shirley.

Sorry,couldn't resist. :mrgreen:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

bueller wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:This is the thread that you can come to at any stage when you want to make it formally known that you were wrong about Knights and he actually is a very good coach (obviously if you have never bagged the guy then no need to apologise)

Bookmark this thread if you think you may need to come back in th future
Yes i admit i was wrong about Knights. He is one of the great coaches of the AFL and surely didn't deserve any ridicule at all throughout this mid season slump. Yeah right.

Surely you're not serioius. One close win against a side decimated by injury doesn't change all the mis management of players that has occured this year. Which to me is a good solid reason why we're so inconsistent as a football club.

Comments noted (I am not sure you actually understand the point of the thread but thanks for participating anyway)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

bump
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

None of the muppets in here will ever admitt they were wrong.

Stanton cant play in the back line.
Lonergan is shit.
We'll continually get pumped by the top teams.
We're hopeless against defensive teams.

Bunch of band wagon dickheads. This isn't directed at the majority of you as the majority of you are Essendon through and through and are happy to admitt you're wrong.

To the rest of you.

Stick it.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

One game dosen't maketh the coach. I suspect that the knives would come out pretty damn quick. I for one will saviour the victory tonight.

The interesting thing is that the majority of the wins this year (5) were against top 8 teams (Saints (x2), Dogs, Blues and North).

Does this reassess expectations for the remainder of the season? What would be a pass result for the season?
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

2QIK4U wrote:One game dosen't maketh the coach.
Tell that to the blokes demanding he'd be sacked after the Adelaide game.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Wasting your time Bonce ;)

I've tried to keep out of the Knights debates. Something has been seriously wrong at Essendon for a lot of this season - I don't know enough about the inner workings of the club to judge who is responsible.

I don't feel that Knighta is perhaps the best fit for the job. I'd rather have seen him in an assistant coaching role which I think he would've been good in. Meanwhile, he's our coach and he has my support. I would hate to see Essendon join the ranks of teams who arse off their coach as soon as something goes wrong, in the middle of the season to try and placate people whose opinions aren't acutally based on much fact.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I am happy to admit I am wrong as long as he doesnt change the winning formula of the last two weeks and try and play Heath Hocking on a quick small forward.

My biggest gripe all along this year has been the appalling selection decisions and that is what I mostly hold Knights accountable for. I dont want to see Welsh or Slattery reappear in the side at the expense of any of the current team. It was the dropping of the likes of Prismall, Dempsey, Howlett and non inclusion of the likes of Houli and Atkinson that has riled me most of all and it was this that totally unsettled the side. Obviously if there are injuries then I'd expect probably Welsh to come in but I dont want any more arbitrary dropping of players on "form" grounds.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Good to keep winning.Don't stop here folks.

If he gets us in the Finals by some MIRACLE,then maybe I'll SHUDDUP.

That was the Club Goal and MISSION for this season.Still possible,but must win the lot from here.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

With Stanton, I would like to see how he goes when he gets a tag on him at HBF.

Knights must stick with this 22 plus Melksham, Winderlich and Pears. There is no room for Welsh and Slattery, while NLM and Dyson should only be depth players.

I have advocated for a while that Lonergan should only play in the middle. Too slow for defence, too short and unskilled for attack. Play him in the middle where he can use his best asset (hardness) to get the pill out to Zaharakis, Prismall, Reimers, Houli etc. With him in the middle, it gives Watson good assistance.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

In my (fairly uninformed) opinion, last night seemed to be the first time Matthew Knights has had clear coaching victories during a game. Well done.

Re Grassy's comment above....is it wrong to even bring up the fact that if we can win 3 out of the last 4 we are a good chance for finals?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Yeah,it would be because this season, 10 wins wouldn't be enough.

It'd have to be 4 out of 4.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

My ladder predictor disagrees :D
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

bump

I am guessing there wont be anyone registering this week?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I guess Boncer wont be lecturing us either.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Windy_Hill wrote:bump

I am guessing there wont be anyone registering this week?
there should be heaps registering here - all of the morons who have been defending the useless richmond fag! :twisted:
Bomber_wiz
Top Up Player

Post by Bomber_wiz »

I think Mathew Knights is a great coach with an even better Game plan.

Could i be any more WRONG

WIZ