Prismall

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Re: Prismall

Post by jimmyc1985 »

BenDoolan wrote:
MH_Bomber wrote:Ben I think it has created a lack of confidence that is actually making his form worse.

I dont think its been good for him to have been dropped in the way has by the coach. Whatever they were trying to achieve with this approach it hasnt worked.

When I found out we were getting him I was rapt because I rated him pretty highly. He was thought of as a decent player who was unlucky to be on the fringe of the great Geelong midfield. He seems to have gone backward under the tutelage of Matthews Knights.
Well if he can't handle being omitted from the team (especially when it is warranted - like after last night) then he aint cut out for AFL football. He played the previous 2 weeks, so what is his problem?
This 'lack of confidence' thing is rubbish. Each time he's been dropped, it's because his disposal & decision-making has been rubbish. Lack of confidence doesn't make him turn the ball over and make bad decisions repeatedly - it's just lack of skill.

He's a mediocre player without an obvious strength - not quick, no penetration or accuracy on disposal, slow decision making, can't lock down on an opponent, doesn't sneak forward very often for goals, an ordinary mark, not clean with his hands.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

So he's not hitting targets because he has a fear of being dropped?

If you are someone who suggested this, then you need to take a good hard look at what you have to offer this forum cause it = Nothing

Getting dropped is part of the learning process he needs to get over it (confidence ridden or not) and work on the areas of the game that are letting him down, until then Bendigo should enjoy him.

Cause he is killing the 1st's with his poor disposal and decision making.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Has he put on enough selection pressure to break into the Bendigo team after their defeat of Collingwood?
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Prismall has got to go straight back to the ressies. He is, at times, an atrocious footballer, which is disappointing because also, at times, he shows he gets the game (ie picks up heaps of possies) and understands where to go to get the ball etc.
I hate when people (mostly women - sorry BomberTalk ladies!) scream "Kick it" at the footy ... but everyone around me, and me at times, were screaming exactly that.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

BomberinJapan wrote:Has he put on enough selection pressure to break into the Bendigo team after their defeat of Collingwood?
:lol: =D>

Great call!

Makes you wonder what is a demotion and what is a promotion between the two teams....
Essendunny
GoalSneak
Top Up Player

Post by GoalSneak »

BenDoolan wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:Has he put on enough selection pressure to break into the Bendigo team after their defeat of Collingwood?
:lol: =D>

Great call!

Makes you wonder what is a demotion and what is a promotion between the two teams....
It is a good call. He always looks totally uninterested when playing for Bendigo. I have no doubt he would weaken their side at the moment.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Tom Harley was on the radio saying that Prismall doesn't handle the situation he was put in last night...... you'd think our coach would know this by now seeing as Harley on played with him for a year or so and Knights has been coaching him for longer then that now, i swear Knights would be playing Lloyd on the half back flank if he were still playing
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jazz_84 wrote:Tom Harley was on the radio saying that Prismall doesn't handle the situation he was put in last night...... you'd think our coach would know this by now seeing as Harley on played with him for a year or so and Knights has been coaching him for longer then that now, i swear Knights would be playing Lloyd on the half back flank if he were still playing
I don't see what the big deal is though, Jazz. It doesn't matter that he couldn't contain Judd. It's all about his disgusting disposal and general fart arsing around and getting himself and others into trouble. Nothing to do with the fact he played on Judd or any other player for that matter. It's what he did with the ball himself that is alarming.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

BenDoolan wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:Tom Harley was on the radio saying that Prismall doesn't handle the situation he was put in last night...... you'd think our coach would know this by now seeing as Harley on played with him for a year or so and Knights has been coaching him for longer then that now, i swear Knights would be playing Lloyd on the half back flank if he were still playing
I don't see what the big deal is though, Jazz. It doesn't matter that he couldn't contain Judd. It's all about his disgusting disposal and general fart arsing around and getting himself and others into trouble. Nothing to do with the fact he played on Judd or any other player for that matter. It's what he did with the ball himself that is alarming.
yeah that's very true, might have felt he was under more pressure then he was, playing such an important role, and crumbled a bit when he did get the ball

still scored over 100 for my dreamteams :D
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:Why would it be messing with his head?? The bloke hardly got a decent run with Geelong so he should be used to it. And because of that fact, when he got his opportunity with us, he should be trying to make the most of his oportunity and NOT put in games like he did last night - the Butcher of Bomberland.

Piss weak.
BenDoolan wrote:Well if he can't handle being omitted from the team (especially when it is warranted - like after last night) then he aint cut out for AFL football. He played the previous 2 weeks, so what is his problem?
=D>
Both very true.

I seem to remember you were pretty positive about him when we got him BD. But shhhhh, I won't tell anyone.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:Bring in MARIGLI-FUKING-ANI
This.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.