Essendon v Collingwood Pre-Match Discussion

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Essendon v Collingwood Pre-Match Discussion

Post by paddyl90 »

Way early I know but after that win, it would be so us to knock em off. I don't see how we can, I don't believe we will BUT i am not sure anymore!

I'm scared. That is all.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Essendon v Collingwood Pre-Match Discussion

Post by Windy_Hill »

100 point thrashing coming up
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

What's there to discuss? We're are a basket case + They are in premiership form = Total Massacre.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

- i wont be surprised if we knock em off

- MRP will be important

- selections will be important (but wont know how important until after the game)

- what sort of pressure will the media and fans put the team under?

- and i swear if ANYONE comes out and says anything in the media then i give up it never works, Lonergan saying we can still make finals only to get belted by melbourne, then knights saying "it's going to be on!" only to get absolutely caned into next year by Carlton.... SHUT UP and win the bloody game!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Jazz_84 wrote:- i wont be surprised if we knock em off

- MRP will be important

- selections will be important (but wont know how important until after the game)

- what sort of pressure will the media and fans put the team under?

- and i swear if ANYONE comes out and says anything in the media then i give up it never works, Lonergan saying we can still make finals only to get belted by melbourne, then knights saying "it's going to be on!" only to get absolutely caned into next year by Carlton.... SHUT UP and win the bloody game!

If we beat Collingwood, more the reason Knights must go. Inexcusable form turnarounds.

Anyway, its a moot point, we aint getting within 100 points of them
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

We will get smashed into oblivion. Don't think I'll go.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I think this will be closer than people think. It would be so Essendon of the last couple of years if we go out and win this game.
GoalSneak
Top Up Player

Post by GoalSneak »

We'll probably only lose by 40 or 50 pts. Collingwood are likely to take it easy after building themselves up for Geelong.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I expect NO LESS than a TOTALLY COMMITTED EFFORT from ALL 22 who run out there on Friday Night.

HIT THE BASTARDS HARD at EVERY TURN. :evil:
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

grassy1 wrote:I expect NO LESS than a TOTALLY COMMITTED EFFORT from ALL 22 who run out there on Friday Night.

HIT THE BASTARDS HARD at EVERY TURN. :evil:
yep give em a few knocks for september :D
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

By all means.

And Give those PRICKS something to think about.

With,........

A BAD LOSS!!!!!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

We dont want these assholes winning a flag. We should do some damage. Go at the knees at every opportunity. When we have a chance to take them out, run right through the bastards. We are no chance to win this match, so we should try and inflict as much on-going pain as possible.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

LET'S BELT THE Following -

DIDAK
SWAN
THOMAS
CLOKE
MEDHURST

Ok,the last one's probably not even there,but keep that Bloody Fairy in mind all the same. :twisted:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Never thought I would say this but gee I love the way they go about their footy the Pies. I am toally envious and geez, they have a squad that is no better or worse than ours!!

Coaching, confidence and committment - The Three C's of Football

Collingwood have them all
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Just thinking... last year same Round (20) we got thrashed by Fremantle at Subiaco and came up against the undefeated, top of the table Saints. Same situation this year, besides Freo and undefeated. I'm scraping at the bottom of the barrel at the moment trying to find something I could find positive and exciting about this week's game.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

I think last year (knowing the pathetic attitude we seem to have developed) the team psychology would have been "oh well, we've been pumped interstate, of course, but let's get back to Vic and get stuck into it*. The incentive of finals was still there as well.

This time around there shouldn't be any sense of *oh well* about this at all (but who knows with our mental shitness...). There's no other way to look at Friday but as a similar game that is against a far better team. Same ground, same night. No chance at all of finals. All the lines about unacceptable performances, showing pride, playing for the jumper and earning respect have already been used up and surely cannot be used again to any kind of effect without laughter breaking out across the football world.

Player confidence surely has to be at a season low.

When JP has run out of positives you know things are bad...and they sure are.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

you guys who thinks this match will be close, 'won't be suprised if we win', thinks the pies will go easy are seriously one eyed.

Collingwood will put this Essendon team to the sword.

The one positive I see out of the match, is that it gives our players an opportunity to see how a really really good football side operates.

The only positive I see, is that at least essendon don't come into collingwood with any inflated sense of their worth.(the chronic disease which Lloyd pointed out in the media...been happening a long long time at windy hill.) So they might work hard.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

little_ripper wrote:you guys who thinks this match will be close, 'won't be suprised if we win', thinks the pies will go easy are seriously one eyed.

Collingwood will put this Essendon team to the sword.

The one positive I see out of the match, is that it gives our players an opportunity to see how a really really good football side operates.

The only positive I see, is that at least essendon don't come into collingwood with any inflated sense of their worth.(the chronic disease which Lloyd pointed out in the media...been happening a long long time at windy hill.) So they might work hard.

Exactly, play hard, give them a run for their money, and learn from them. What I find interesting is looking at Dane Swan and comparing himto Brent Stanton. World apart in terms of mpact on the game yet in many ways not that much differernt in size shape, speed, ball getting ability. Its all the one percenters that Swan puts in and his total committment to attack the ball. If I was Stanton, I would be asking to play the whole game on him just to get a sense of what it takes to be a really effective midfielder.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Go the biff.
CSol
Top Up Player

Post by CSol »

What is there to discuss, it will be a smashing of the worst proportions. Barring a hurricane, Collingwood will break winning margin records.

As much as I hate to admit it the criminals are the real deal and in form. We cought the saints in a tough patch, collingwood are far from in anything resembling a tough patch.

I'm considering making other plans, not sure I can watch.