Paddy Ryder

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Paddy Ryder

Post by s'dreams »

Paddy

With your skills and ability

If you are going to be the face of the club ... start bloody playing like you have the expectations of your teammates, members and supporters on your shoulders!

After all .. a one legged man has been our best player for the last 3 weeks.

sti
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
hop
Club Captain

Re: Paddy Ryder

Post by hop »

Offer him and Jetta to West Coast for Cox and their first round draft pick.

IMHO - Win/Win
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I mentioned the possibility of Trading Ryder some weeks ago with great trepidation as for some reason he seeminly an untouchable in the eyes of most BT'ers. Fact of the mater he is absolutely the most overated player on our list at the moment. A guy who has the talent to be anything in this game yet only ever seems to get half way there

People love crucifying Stanton (myself included), yet Stanton's output versus Ryders - there is no comparison
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Trade Ryder haha! We have seen the best of players in our team and the worst. It's all about confidence, when they're up they are very good. It's easy to forget in the gloom and doom and make statements like that. I believe Knights has lost the players and killed their confidence. What are they supposed to do? Go against his game plan then get the flick out the team. The coach has lost it and needs to get out!
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

If he wasnt six foot six he wouldnt be getting a game.

Sometimes i don't even notice he's out there
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

this is the biggest non issue at Essendon at the moment, not even worth talking about
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Jazz_84 wrote:this is the biggest non issue at Essendon at the moment, not even worth talking about
But Jazz, why should Paddy be any less criticised. I would even suggest he has a run in the magoos and see how Belly goes with Hille for the remainder of the year. Or, bring Belly in and Let Paddy play as a permanent forward (drop Neagle)

He just isnt doing enough around the ground
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Sublimely talented but lazy as f***. Someone needs to give the boy a rocket and maybe we'll see him play like he did on Anzac Day last year more than once a season.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

oh sure everyone needs to be looked at if not performing and that's across the entire AFL not just Essendon at the moment, it's just the way it should be, but it just wont happen to Ryder, he will play the remaining 2 games and will play in 2011 it's just the way it will go, and don't get me wrong that's what i want personally. maybe a good spray from our next coach if it continues but a spray from Knights will just make Ryder laugh later

but no-one can seriously think he'll get traded or go back to Bendigo???
Kakadu Kangaroos
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Jazz_84 wrote:oh sure everyone needs to be looked at if not performing and that's across the entire AFL not just Essendon at the moment, it's just the way it should be, but it just wont happen to Ryder, he will play the remaining 2 games and will play in 2011 it's just the way it will go, and don't get me wrong that's what i want personally. maybe a good spray from our next coach if it continues but a spray from Knights will just make Ryder laugh later

why shouldnt he be traded or do a spell at Bendigo?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:oh sure everyone needs to be looked at if not performing and that's across the entire AFL not just Essendon at the moment, it's just the way it should be, but it just wont happen to Ryder, he will play the remaining 2 games and will play in 2011 it's just the way it will go, and don't get me wrong that's what i want personally. maybe a good spray from our next coach if it continues but a spray from Knights will just make Ryder laugh later

why shouldnt he be traded or do a spell at Bendigo?
should be dropped but wont is my point
Kakadu Kangaroos
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

About 18 blokes need to be sent back to Bendigo. But we don't want to make them shitter as they are heading for the finals.
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It's a shame to see him running around at the moment, looks like he has no idea what he is meant to be doing. Does anyone know how hard he works on the track?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Why not stick him back at CHB this week or CHF??

Bring Belly in to do the rucking with Hille?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Another player who has gone definitively backwards this year. He and Reimers need a good hard kick up the arse.

I should've seen the writing on the wall when the laconic plank popped a sprog at 21 years of age - guess which other laconic plank on our list decided to start punching out kids as soon as puberty was over? These guys are like horses who need to be gelded, i guarantee they'd be better for it.
Bomber_wiz
Top Up Player

Post by Bomber_wiz »

Windy_Hill wrote:Why not stick him back at CHB this week or CHF??

Bring Belly in to do the rucking with Hille?

Totally agree playing him at CHB. The ball is their so often, he will have to perform or be totally exposed as a dud.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Must start to impose himself and demand the ball or be dropped. You can't keep getting games on potential.

There was one this week in the second quarter where we were bringing the ball out around the MCC side and Paddy had pretty much the whole centre square to himself and even after a bit was still clearly open in the middle. Instead of calling for the ball or running hard to get it, he just jogged towards the forward line.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.