Good on Ya Fev!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

Makaveli wrote:Hopefully Fev got dealt with and will be coming home with a smashed up nose.
I'll second that. Hopefully he also copped something in the family jewels for what he did to Reynolds the dog
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

2QIK4U wrote:So does this 'guarantee' Fev will be captain next year?
I dare say that Witnall has the captaincy wrapped up.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:I dare say that Witnall has the captaincy wrapped up.
Yep, wrapped up in a piece of pita bread with greasy lamb, garlic sauce, iceberg lettuce, onion and tomato.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

No tabouli?
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

washed down with a bottle of coke.

Who has tauboli in their souvlaki?
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Anyone seen the news this morning?

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 61,00.html

Fev is now claiming that he attacked the bartender because "other irish fans had been abusing aboriginal players during the tour".

Riiiiiiiiiiiight, and of course its got nothing at all to do with the fact that he stopped serving you drinks and wanted to call the cops when you started abusing him....

Fevola's story is Dead. Set. Bullshit. I mean, i knew this guy was brain-dead, but I didn't realise his publicity manager was too....
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

The story in the Herald Sun, Fevola claimed that the Barman stopped serving drink because he was Australian and the others (Aussie players) were copping a lot of abuse.

Fevola did the wrong thing in my book, but I feel a bit sorry for him if he and the others are continually copping abuse, because really alcohol would surely reduce the tolerance level.

I think really the AFL should stop this bastardised version of the game and forget playing the Irish. It really is a free for all for cheap shots on the field because players don't really get any penalty apart from being suspended from a number of test matches.

I too would much rather Sheedy be here than in Ireland, chatting to some of these "unsigned" players and their managers about playing at Essendon next year to be honest.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Love how that irish guy wants to lay charges, I bet he has been in fights every night at that pub. But because this bloke is high profile he will charge him.

I doubt Fev punched him just because he served him drinks. While Fev may be a dickhead, he isnt that much fo a dickhead.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Rossoneri wrote:
I doubt Fev punched him just because he served him drinks. While Fev may be a dickhead, he isnt that much fo a dickhead.
The guy stopped serving him drinks, because he was drunk and disorderly. Fevola abused him and kicked up a stink, and the barman walked to a phone to call the cops. That's when Fev punched him.

To say that its a result of some sort of build up of aggression from previous abuse of aboriginal players is a clear lie. Pure and simple.

And now Andy D and the players on tour have confirmed that it is a lie: http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/news ... 54758.html
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Well if demetriou says its a lie, then it must be a lie. He says he sat down with the players and they said no they didnt receive abuse, but will they all be willing to come out and say it? Possibly, but not definite.

So when did Paul decide to lay the charges? When he found out that Fevola is a big-time footballer on about 600K per year? Because he had no idea who he was when the incident happened.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Staggy wrote:Anyone seen the news this morning?

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 61,00.html

Fev is now claiming that he attacked the bartender because "other irish fans had been abusing aboriginal players during the tour".

Riiiiiiiiiiiight, and of course its got nothing at all to do with the fact that he stopped serving you drinks and wanted to call the cops when you started abusing him....

Fevola's story is Dead. Set. Bullshit. I mean, i knew this guy was brain-dead, but I didn't realise his publicity manager was too....
They should put Fevola and a slab in a locked room with that Mufti character.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Rossoneri wrote:Well if demetriou says its a lie, then it must be a lie. He says he sat down with the players and they said no they didnt receive abuse, but will they all be willing to come out and say it? Possibly, but not definite.

So when did Paul decide to lay the charges? When he found out that Fevola is a big-time footballer on about 600K per year? Because he had no idea who he was when the incident happened.
Im a bit lost mate.

No offence, but i don't understand why you feel the need to defend a bloke who put a barman in a headlock and punched him.

The guy is a deadshit, always has been.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

I have to agree with Rosso!!

f*** I hate tall poppy syndrome!! Not defending Fev in particular, but geez have a look at the bar tender does he look like he got hit (not including the ugly stick)? If fev wanted to hit the little lepechaun he woulda f***** damaged him.

Similar small dust ups occur every bloody day at pubs and clubs all over the world, no one gets charged unless some real damage is done!!

It is clear he is persuing it only because he is an AFL footballer and I hope he gives lip to an expat aussie one day and finds out what a real assault is.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Sol wrote:It is clear he is persuing it only because he is an AFL footballer and I hope he gives lip to an expat aussie one day and finds out what a real assault is.
That's the spirit, encourage violence. Do we all go around assaulting every person who gives us a bit of stick? :roll:

The reality is Fevola is in Ireland representing his country and made an absolute dick of himself. He should know better. I can't believe there are some defending him!
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Staggy wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Well if demetriou says its a lie, then it must be a lie. He says he sat down with the players and they said no they didnt receive abuse, but will they all be willing to come out and say it? Possibly, but not definite.

Im a bit lost mate.

No offence, but i don't understand why you feel the need to defend a bloke who put a barman in a headlock and punched him.

Im not trying to defend the headlock, but I dont think it was because he stopped serving him drinks. I reckon the barman said something.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Rossoneri wrote:
Staggy wrote:

Im a bit lost mate.

Im not trying to defend the headlock, but I dont think it was because he stopped serving him drinks. I reckon the barman said something.
That's certainly possible, but its still no excuse.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Depending on what the barman said (if anything), then it might be an excuse. He is human after all.

But its all ifs and buts at the moment.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Fevola did the wrong thing. Full stop.

Unfortunately with footy players these days, if one does an out of place smelly fart will make front page news because it offended someone and that someone will try an milk it for their 15 minutes of fame.

My issue is with Andrew Demetriou. He has publicly added fuel to the fire by literally calling Fevola a liar (over the racial abuse).

As a CEO of the AFL I would expect some type of diplomacy. I'm not excusing Fevola for what he did, but I think the CEO while rightly not condoning Fevola's actions was out of line by smearing Fevola's character more.

He's been sent home and he will lose the chance to get the captaincy of his club, he knows he's done the wrong thing, I think he's copped enough.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I don't think much of Brendan Fevola as a person, but think he is a very good footballer who had a great season. He obviously has problems with his attitude when he drinks. He did something stupid and he's paying a big price for it.

What I can't stomach is this incredible reaction via media, AFL and everyone's opinion about this incident. What I can't understand is why the AFL/media have to be silent on far worse "offences" by players embroiled in sexual assault allegations and drugs. On one hand Demitriou refuses to comment on the conduct of players in those circumstances but sees fit to involve himself in this case. Hypocrite and bullshit.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Who. Gives. A. f***.