Whose next?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Whose next?

Post by sconsey »

To my knowledge we've delisted the Lazycock and John Williams. How many more do we need to delist and who do you think will be given their exit orders?

And also Rookie list? We've promoted Howlett, anyone else? Can Quinn step up to AFL...He's always looked lost to me. What about that PNG guy? Would we look at promoting him? Sorry about the several questions....Just topics of discussion...
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Whose next?

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

No doubt we would like at least 4 picks in the draft (3 newbies and Howlett upgrade)... Williams was a rookie this season so really we have only delisted Laycock from the senior list.

Might have to delist at least 3 more.....

Meli and Quinn are international rookies and outside the list I thought??
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:No doubt we would like at least 4 picks in the draft (3 newbies and Howlett upgrade)... Williams was a rookie this season so really we have only delisted Laycock from the senior list.

Might have to delist at least 3 more.....

Meli and Quinn are international rookies and outside the list I thought??
Yeh they're outside the list, well meli definetly is,not sure how quinn is classified. just didn't know if we were going to persist with Quinn, and hope he can step up, or cut him all together? Or whether Meli was ready for the Rookie list. But read something on him today and alot of people said he was still very raw
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Meli played the majority of his footy for Calder Cannons this season... would need a full season with Bendigo to see if he is worth persevering with!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Well the fact that we have not even turned up to Trade Week suggests that who ever we let go of has absolutley no currency.

You would think Neagle would have been worth pushing towards St Kilda for a third Round pick (even if he is on contract for one more year)

Houli - whats the deal - if he is going to Richmond I have a feeling he will be doing it via the PSD. Why would Richmond offer a trade for him if they can get him free?

My guess is that Slattery T, Houli, Laycock, Still are heading towards the door.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Windy_Hill wrote:Well the fact that we have not even turned up to Trade Week suggests that who ever we let go of has absolutley no currency.

You would think Neagle would have been worth pushing towards St Kilda for a third Round pick (even if he is on contract for one more year)

Houli - whats the deal - if he is going to Richmond I have a feeling he will be doing it via the PSD. Why would Richmond offer a trade for him if they can get him free?

My guess is that Slattery T, Houli, Laycock, Still are heading towards the door.

Why Tyson Slattery?
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Still, he is only young, and had big wraps on him? Thought we would hang onto him...Couldn't be any worse than Neagle.haha. Don't know what to think of the Houli situation...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

nomolos wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Well the fact that we have not even turned up to Trade Week suggests that who ever we let go of has absolutley no currency.

Why Tyson Slattery?
because I would rather we keep Atkinson and cant think of anyone esle