Worst Premiership 22.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Worst Premiership 22.

Post by robrulz5 »

I was just wondering if we could compile a team of the worst players to play in a Premiership?

Lewis Roberts-Thompson would have to be in there in defence.
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

The entire collingwood 1990 premiership team. They have to be the most undeserving premiers of all time. Add 2 players to that team and you have your worst 22 (they only had 2 interchange at the time)
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Greg Madigin played in 1989 for Hawthorn. Aaron Keating played in 1997 for the Crows. Think he ended up playing 6 games. He was 6'6 and played in a helmet.
swooper
Top Up Player

Post by swooper »

Tough call. There are plenty of lucky dus out there who played in flags, and the aforementioned Madigan and Keating would go close to topping the list. Then there are blokes who played well in premiership sides but history might judge them as being pretty fortunate. The likes of Paul Dear, Steve Lawrence, Glen Freeborn, and our own Ricky O and Paul Hills spring to mind.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

swooper wrote:Tough call. There are plenty of lucky dus out there who played in flags, and the aforementioned Madigan and Keating would go close to topping the list. Then there are blokes who played well in premiership sides but history might judge them as being pretty fortunate. The likes of Paul Dear, Steve Lawrence, Glen Freeborn, and our own Ricky O and Paul Hills spring to mind.
Considering Paul Dear won a NSM medal, thinks thats a bit harsh :wink:
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

it's going to be a looooooonnnnnggg off/pre-season isn't it?
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

ealesy wrote:it's going to be a looooooonnnnnggg off/pre-season isn't it?
lol
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

:shock: I think you might be right
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Ricky O collected about a dozen quality possies in the first quarter of the 93 G.F. and for mine set us up!
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

swooper wrote:Tough call. There are plenty of lucky dus out there who played in flags, and the aforementioned Madigan and Keating would go close to topping the list. Then there are blokes who played well in premiership sides but history might judge them as being pretty fortunate. The likes of Paul Dear, Steve Lawrence, Glen Freeborn, and our own Ricky O and Paul Hills spring to mind.
Ricky O was a damn decent player for us, moved to the Flith and had his career ruined by chronic hamstring injuries.

Didn't really bother me seeing he nicked off to the Flith, but I think it's slightly harsh to call him a DUD.
swooper
Top Up Player

Post by swooper »

ealesy wrote:
Ricky O was a damn decent player for us, moved to the Flith and had his career ruined by chronic hamstring injuries.

Didn't really bother me seeing he nicked off to the Flith, but I think it's slightly harsh to call him a DUD.
I didn't call Ricky O a dud. Nor did I call Dear, Lawrence, Hills or Freeborn duds for that matter. I referred to Keating and Madigan as duds. I rate Ricky O and Hills as I saw them play some great games for EFC, but supporters in general, not just ours, would look back and think, that due to their short periods in the game, beacause of injury or otherwise, that they may have happened to be in the right place at the right time.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Somerville, though he was very good in 93.

And if Wallis hadnt have played in the 2000 team I would have said him as well. Was shithouse early but really turned it around for himself midway through 1996 when he decided to play the ball and not the man.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Yes it is.